View Poll Results: What did you think of "POTC: AWE"?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Stars - What's Another Word for Pirate Treasure? Booty!

117 43.98%
  • 4 Stars - A Pirates Life for Me!

85 31.95%
  • 3 Stars - A swashbuckling good time...

37 13.91%
  • 2 Stars - Shiver me Timbers!

14 5.26%
  • 1 Star - Argh, that sucked.

13 4.89%
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23456781530 ... LastLast

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: Official "POTC: At World's End" Review Thread and Poll

Quote Originally Posted by KrItTeR View Post
    Spoiler
    Is Jack's father BlackBeard? I'm not quite sure. Everyone was cheering for him and it would be pretty darn cool if it was!
    At first, I didn't know that was Keith Richards!

Spoiler
    I whispered to my b/f that it was Blackbeard but then it took me a few seconds to figure out who he was as the character and who was playing him.

I forgot to look in the credits as to who he played (character name).

• I'm not really here

Keith Richards plays Captain Teague, keeper of the Code.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• I am a Pluto lover

Quote Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
    I cried!! I couldn't believe I was crying in a Pirates movie.

And [SPOILER alert, I think] I totally agree with you about the Will & Elizabeth storyline. I was MAD. There are at least two other ways that could have gone and left them to be a swashbuckling pirate couple, but no...... ARRRRRR!
    I totaly agree! Although, after seeing the scene after the credits, my cousin said she thinks its a prelude to the 4th movie, and the story line in the movie will be...

Spoiler
    How they save Will and his heart from the sea and make him mortal again. My cousin could be right, maybe now that Calypso is free she will come back to help Will. She did sorta like him in the 2nd film.

Also, as to the sceen after the credits... Did anyone notice....

Spoiler
    In ten years, Elizabeth didnt seem to age at all.
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Space Mountain Expert

Quote Originally Posted by wvnative View Post
    Not a big fan of the ride, but loved the black out tribute.
    WHAT????? Please tell me that you typed this at like 3 in the morning. I honestly think I'm going to cry for you.
    Pirates is the best ride in the park.

But alas, onto the movie review. Loved it loved it LOVED IT. I totally will see it again this weekend because I'm a bit lost on some of the Tia plotline.

I loved this movie sooo much, and to make it better, we were totally and completely pirated out. I've actually still got makeup on at work today and I've had several co-workers comment that they think I'm going goth on them.... LOL
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

• Space Mountain Expert

Quote Originally Posted by MellyMouse View Post
    Also, as to the sceen after the credits... Did anyone notice....

Spoiler
    In ten years, Elizabeth didnt seem to age at all.

Do you not remember what Capt. Jack is going after at the end of the movie??????
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

• I am a Pluto lover

Quote Originally Posted by disneyking View Post
    Do you not remember what Capt. Jack is going after at the end of the movie??????

aahhhh! That might just tie in to my theory...

Thanks for reminding me! I have the 4th movie all planned out now...
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I can see it now!

Spoiler
    Pirates of the Caribbean: The Fountain of Youth

• Clearing my Calendar

Loved it.

But a lot of reviews and general audience consensus is making me annoyed.

Oh well, group think, I guess.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Space Mountain Expert

Quote Originally Posted by MellyMouse View Post
    aahhhh! That might just tie in to my theory...

Thanks for reminding me! I have the 4th movie all planned out now...
    Pleasure lassie,

I immediately thought that after the theater lights came up. I told my friends and they were like, 'hmmmm, you may be onto something there'
    Here's hoping!
    Although I did read an interview with Jerry Bruckheimer (sp?) and he said that everyone was planning on taking a nice long break before even considering doing a 4th movie. We're talking like 2011 here folks.
    But even if not, and the trilogy is all we ever get, I'm completely at peace with it. I loved how they played this out and wrapped it up.

the world of disneyking

• From rags to riches!

WHO WAS AT THE EL CAPITAN LAST NIGHT???? I was!!!!

Spoiler

Spoiler:There were some things I loved:

Elizabeth as the pirate queen giving that speech to her crew...HOIST YOUR COLORS! That'll be my next tattoo.

Barbossa kicking butt and more swordfights and swashbuckling. Awesome!

OH and the POTC ride references. Best incorporation of Disney lore yet into a movie.

Things I did not like:

I was disappointed however in the Sao Feng character...

Chow Yun Fat is one of the world's greatest actors and you use him as a bridge character?

And how about the fate of Norrington...I think, rather anti-climactic. You build the guy up for 2 movies and he goes out like this? Boo...

YAY for anotharrr trilogy
    Last edited by Club33orBust; 05-25-2007 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Spolier proofed it
    Pirates have the most fun

Jack : You need to find yourself a girl, mate! Or perhaps the reason you practice three hours a day is that you already found one and are otherwise incapable of wooing said strumpet. You're not a eunuch, are you? [looks down]

i thought this movie was the best out of the three! i love having captain barbossa back, just seeing him and jack fight over the black pearl and going at it was awesome! it was just that sort of charm that this movie needed that the first film had but the second lacked. The specail effects were awesome!!! and the refrences to the attraction were awesome!!!! loved keith richards, he did a great job! loved that the dog with the keys did eventually did serve a purpose. But the opening scene totally reminded me of at the end of the day in les mis!

• Adventurer

It was a wonderful film, and all the loose ends were neatly tied up. (stay till the end of the credits!) PotC 4 is slightly setup, but not required. (like the cliff-hanger that DMC left us with)

All-in-all, 9.5 Stars out of 10.
    The One, the Only, the Original:
    Dr. Indiana Jones

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Club33orBust View Post
    Things I did not like:

I was disappointed however in the Sao Feng character...

Chow Yun Fat is one of the world's greatest actors and you use him as a bridge character?

And how about the fate of Norrington...I think, rather anti-climactic. You build the guy up for 2 movies and he goes out like this? Boo...

I too was disappointed with Sao Feng. He seemed more of a petty criminal than a great pirate. Especially after the build up.

However, I did like how Norrington went out. He chose his side of the conflict when he sided with E.I.Co and then, when he realized that it wasn't what he really believed in and decided to help Elizabeth, it was to late for him to deserve a heroic death. He got the death because of his decisions, so for me at least, it fit.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Time Travel Volunteer

Talking Re: Official "POTC: At World's End" Review Thread and Poll

It sounds like MiceChatters were the only people out there last night who got the ride references. I squealed with delight when they went over the edge, but the rest of the theater just sat in silence. I must've sounded like a maniac. A friend of mine went to the 12:00am show at the El Capitan last night, and I'm willing to bet that the whole theater went nuts whenever there was a ride reference, but if anyone else from MC was there too, I'd like to know if thats the case or not. I'd also imagine that the El Capitan looked like Jack's hallucinations in Davy Jones' Locker.

I thought the movie was great and I loved every bit of it. But after this week's "Lost" mindfrak, and the non-stop double-crossing and insanity of AWE (not to mention how late it was by the time we got out of there), I really need this 3-day weekend to recover.

Oh, and I want a rock crab.
    Last edited by Darkwing Chuck; 05-25-2007 at 09:51 AM.

• From rags to riches!

Thumbs up Re: Official "POTC: At World's End" Review Thread and Poll

It sounds like MiceChatters were the only people out there last night who got the ride references. I squealed with delight when they went over the edge, but the rest of the theater just sat in silence. I must've sounded like a maniac. A friend of mine went to the 12:00am show at the El Capitan last night, and I'm willing to bet that the whole theater went nuts whenever there was a ride reference, but if anyone else from MC was there too, I'd like to know if thats the case or not. I'd also imagine that the El Capitan looked like Jack's hallucinations in Davy' Jones' Locker.
    YOU ARE AWESOME DARKWING CHUCK! I think I heard you! I screamed right after you! Way to start it off
    Pirates have the most fun

Jack : You need to find yourself a girl, mate! Or perhaps the reason you practice three hours a day is that you already found one and are otherwise incapable of wooing said strumpet. You're not a eunuch, are you? [looks down]

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23456781530 ... LastLast