View Poll Results: What did you think of "POTC: AWE"?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Stars - What's Another Word for Pirate Treasure? Booty!

117 43.98%
  • 4 Stars - A Pirates Life for Me!

85 31.95%
  • 3 Stars - A swashbuckling good time...

37 13.91%
  • 2 Stars - Shiver me Timbers!

14 5.26%
  • 1 Star - Argh, that sucked.

13 4.89%
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567891631 ... LastLast

• I'm not really here

Re: Official "POTC: At World's End" Review Thread and Poll

Our little group of 5 was the only one in the theater that got it at all. We were laughing and cheering at every ride reference throughout and people were giving us totally blank looks or rude stares telling us to shut up or asking us why where were cheering. I am so glad that they threw those kind of things in for us hardcore Pirates fans. That really made my night.
    Last edited by mycroft16; 05-25-2007 at 10:34 AM. Reason: really bad spelling

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Club33orBust View Post
    WHO WAS AT THE EL CAPITAN LAST NIGHT???? I was!!!!
    I was there for the marathon - and I agree with all your points! Arrrrr!

• Directly directed

I really liked it. It had a very different feel to it and it kept surprising me. However I did feel

Spoiler
    That it went the same way as Harry Potter 7 will go, with nearly everyone dying.

And it was soooo set up for a fourth one.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Spoiler
    OMG, I melted when Will was removing the boot from Elizabeth's leg. He was just so.... so....... um, yeah..........

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    I really liked it. It had a very different feel to it and it kept surprising me. However I did feel

Spoiler
    That it went the same way as Harry Potter 7 will go, with nearly everyone dying.

And it was soooo set up for a fourth one.
    Ugh...I hate using these spoilers...LOL
    Spoiler
    But there were only 4 of the main characters that died right? Elizabeth's father, Norrington, Beckett, & Davey Jones? I'm happy none of the crew died and that the two guards that argue in the first movie turned into pirates. Very funny!

• Problem Child/Rocker

Smile My two pieces of eight on At World's End

I very much enjoyed this movie. The scale of everything was breathtaking, the effects incredible, and it had great and plentiful humor.

However, it was just too darn confusing for an average person. You get the gist of it throughout the movie, but I really struggled to keep track of everyone's situation with everyone else. I wish Ted Elliot and Terry Rossio could just dumb it down so we know what's actually happening. But still, it's all about the ending, isn't it? I loved the conclusions they brought to all of the characters, and the fact that there could certainly be a fourth movie.

Also, cut a few of Jack the monkey's scenes. Sure, he's everyone's favorite primate, but the title isn't "Jack the Monkey's Adventures with the Pirates of the Caribbean!" I know he had his cute shots, but it seemed like every other shot would cut to him!

Also, add a few of Jack the HUMAN's scenes back in. Too much of everyone else. People came to see what happens to CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW, and i'm not sure we got enough of him.

But as a huge classic rock fanatic, i clapped when Keith Richards appeared on screen. He was great. I love that they gave him the opportunity to play the guitar on screen, although i had hoped for an 18th century rendition of (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction.

All in all, this movie is certainly worth your while to see, but it left me wanting just a tad more. thanks for taking the time to read this.
    We want to appeal to everyone and get rich quick. We want to be millionaires. I've got this plan to buy Tasmania you see...-Angus Young

• Directly directed

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    Ugh...I hate using these spoilers...LOL
    Spoiler
    But there were only 4 of the main characters that died right? Elizabeth's father, Norrington, Beckett, & Davey Jones? I'm happy none of the crew died and that the two guards that argue in the first movie turned into pirates. Very funny!
    Spoiler
    And kind of Tia Dalma and Sao Feng and Beckett's right hand man whose name I don't know, the little boy singing... I know he wasn't a big character but he was just a little kid.

• I'm not really here

Those are the only death's I remember from the main characters.

Spoiler
    Did Governor Swan's death really tug at anyone else's heart strings? All he ever wanted was for his daughter to be happy and survive and here is in his little boat, just so mater of factly saying: "Are you dead? I think I am." then telling Elizabeth that he'll say hello to her mother for her. That was a brutal scene.

I enjoyed Norrington's last scene. He finally became a man in that scene instead of just a slave to duty or a pawn in another's chess game. Said he was sorry, and that he knew that wasn't enough and then kissed her. He died a traitors death, aiding a prisoner escape, but he was repentant for his past crimes and for that reason died a good man.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Yes! MellyMouse and I both cried! I suppose now I'll never be allowed to be a pirate...

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I wanted to cry, I was so shocked and saddened whenever they killed anyone off but I couldn't because I had mascara on and no tissues!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    I wanted to cry, I was so shocked and saddened whenever they killed anyone off but I couldn't because I had mascara on and no tissues!
    I can see how that would make it harder to cry. There was definitely a lot more emotion in this one than any of the others.

• Minion

All I can say is loved it. Jack's first scene, lil bit twin peaks-ish. Didn't totally like Will's outcome but oh well. And it looks like there's room for a 4th. BTW, Barbossa was FANTASTIC!!! Easily likeable or loveable in this film. And the monkey was completely adorable!! And the first most hilarious part was the "lil pirate", that midget dude gettin thrown back when he fired that big gun!!

I can't really get going on too much more, I have to get back to the hospital and my newborn son. Still have to do the thread for that.

What a week!

• Minion

Re: My two pieces of eight on At World's End

The only part that I was seriously confused about what the scene in which the Flying Dutchmand and Black Pearl were opening fire on Becketts ship. He just stood there and never gave the order to fire! With three levels of cannons on each side that ship could have easily done some serious damage to the attacking ships but instead he just stood there and looked bewildered as though he had no idea what to do. He was this ruthless, merciless bad guy who suddenly went limp! Anyone care to explain this?

• Clearing my Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    Spoiler
    OMG, I melted when Will was removing the boot from Elizabeth's leg. He was just so.... so....... um, yeah..........

Spoiler
    I was a little shocked they kept that in because of all the fury surrounding those comics that came out about a month or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post

Spoiler
    Did Governor Swan's death really tug at anyone else's heart strings? All he ever wanted was for his daughter to be happy and survive and here is in his little boat, just so mater of factly saying: "Are you dead? I think I am." then telling Elizabeth that he'll say hello to her mother for her. That was a brutal scene.
    Spoiler
    I really felt for him and Elizabeth in that scene. Too true, it was very brutal. The way she was clawing at the sides of the ship to get to him, insisting he grab the line. Wow.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Purple Crates ♥

Re: My two pieces of eight on At World's End

I think he realized he just got out pirated...that what he thought was going to be fell on him and he didn't see it...almost like it was his mistake so he does the titanic's captain thing...go down with the ship...

Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567891631 ... LastLast