Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

How Good were your favorite shows this season?

I thought since the latest TV show season is finally over, we could all take a look back at our favorite shows and see how they did.

CSI (Las Vegas) - I'll be the first to admit this show was getting a little dry in previous years. But boy did they come back with a vengance this year. Give them some competition and CSI will give you perhaps it's greatest season ever. The Miniature Killer, and one of the (if not THE) best season finale' I've ever seen. This is one show I can't wait to see what happens on. Overall I'd give CSI an A+ for this season

The Office - Early in the season it was kind of eh'. But boy did it pick up in the latter half and the season finale was second only to CSI in my book. I'd give the office a B for this year.

Grey's Anatomy - This show REALLY jumped the shark this year for me. The ferry crash was just the icing on the shark cake. The season finale was IMO lack-luster. I'll still be watching in September in hopes it will get better. Grey's get's a B- from me this year

LOST - First half of the season flat-out sucked IMO. They came back in Feb and had some great episodes. The Season Finale, while good wasn't great as it was quite evident where they were going. IMO this is one thing Lost has been lacking since the end of Season One, a great Season Finale. Lost earned at least a C with it's last few episodes being A's. But too many F's this year.

24 - The previous season was without a doubt the best season of 24, so you had to know there would be some drop-off. It was still a great season though. I mean, an okay season of 24 is still better than most other shows on TV. I haven't watched the Season Finale yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Jack. 24 get's a B.

Gilmore Girls - I would have LOVED to see this show get sent off in a proper fashion. Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. There were just WAY too many things to resolve, and they took too long to start resolving them. Gilmore Girls get's a C for it's final year.

The Simpsons - I missed WAY too many episodes this year, but it's the Simpsons, so you know it's going to be great. Since I missed so many, I'll go ahead and give the Simpsons a B.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Re: How Good were your favorite shows this season?

I agree with you on The Office. One of my favorite all time shows.

Lost, I agree about the beginning. Loved it when they came back and I really liked the finale.

Adding my own:

Ugly Betty. I very good show. The finale left us with about five cliff hangers. A real soap opera.

House. Not as much of a cliff hanger this year. But this show is just consistently good. Hugh Laurie is a darn good actor. (By the way, I wonder if Jack in Lost during his flash forward learned to pop pills from House )

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Here are a few random thoughts...

24 - easily now my favorite series on regular network television. This season was not as good as last year, but as you said, Sir Clinks, last year was the best of the show.

Friday Night Lights - I am glad that NBC decided to bring this very underrated series back next season. They jerked around the timeslot thing - this is a very good show IMHO. Doesn't matter if you like football or not.

Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader - cute concept, and I like Jeff Foxworthy and this seems like a good vehicle for him. Hope it comes back. And no, I am not smarter than a 5th grader.

Grey's Anatomy - I don't know if it's jumped the shark yet, but the shark is circling. It became too much of a soap opera in the last few weeks, and sometimes you can have one too many unexpected turns in a storyline.

American Idol - I decided to follow the show this year for the first time and watch each show, to keep up with what all the "fuss" was about. I probably picked the wrong season to do so, and right now I don't plan to do it again.

Aside from that, I watch mostly games and sports related material...a favorite show worth mentioning...

Pardon The Interruption on ESPN...can't get enough PTI. Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon keep it coming every day. Around The Horn is pretty good, too.

On the Food Network...

Good Eats...gotta show some Alton Brown love. Also like the Ace of Cakes and Dinner Impossible, among others.

MASH is still as good as ever and gets an A
    Lucy will always be A+
    Andy Griffith (the black and white Don Knotts episodes)....

Okay, Gregg I know you meant this season but the truth is, those old reruns still beat most of what's on today...

--Barry

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    MASH is still as good as ever and gets an A
    Lucy will always be A+
    Andy Griffith (the black and white Don Knotts episodes)....

Okay, Gregg I know you meant this season but the truth is, those old reruns still beat most of what's on today...

--Barry
    I have to heartily agree with that

• Circle of Ancients

Barry, you make some good points.

I also didn't consider cable shows.

Deadliest Catch - Great show. Enough to keep me satisfied until Mythbusters returns next month.

And Barry, I agree about PTI. When I used to be home during the day, PTI was always on my TV.

And yeah, Good Eats with Alton Brown is GREAT. Wonder if he will be brining back his traveling show after his motorcycle accident.

Ugly Betty's finale was one of the best I have ever seen. Ever.

Would love to see Alton back with Feasting on Asphalt...loved that show.

Deadliest Catch is addictive...love it

I wholeheartedly agree...Andy Griffith, Lucy, and MASH...may I also add Golden Girls?

But, where oh where is The West Wing? I know it's been awhile, and yes I have the DVDs, but jeez I miss this show.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

30 rock:it started out not so good then got better. c- then an A

desperate housewives: what an interesting ending of the season. B+

heroes: some episodes lagged but over all tlhe series was enjoyable. B
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

Medium- was really good, but I don't know how much I like all 3 kids being Mediums too. especially the baby. I like the problems with Joe towards the end of the season, because he's always been kins of a yes dear husband...it was good to see his character develop (B+)

ER- I have loved ER for a long, long time, but really, when is enough enough? I'm really just watching out of loyalty at this point. Abby and Luca getting married was cute, but I'm over Neela, I'm over Pratt, and John Stamos is not enough to save the show, however handsome he is. Hopefully next season they will finally cut the budget, and shut the doors to County General. (D-)

Law and Orders: The original should shut down, after a proper send off, I think its been flapping in the wind since Briscoe left the squad. And moving it to Fridays, I can't get used to. (D-) CI- I love the format change, alternating Goren week and Logan week. I just can't watch Goren that much...nobody knows that much, no matter how crazy he is! (D)SVU- Top of the line, but its getting too much into the personal stuff, I am not watching the show for the backstories of the detectives. Get back to the case, and mention your family randomly, Elliot, they don't need to be coming in every week! (B-)
    Crossing Jordan- I sent her off with a tearful farewell, because the Final Episode made up for all of the crap that has gone on this season. I only wish that they had brough some closure to her and her father, as that was the premise of the show to begin with. (C)
    Scrubs- Absolutely the best show on TV, still! Zach Braff is a pure comedic genius, to pull off that show with a straight face! And the Music episode was to die for! (Everything comes down to Poo!) I cannot WAIT to see next season, I sat there going OH MY...they aren't really, are they?! (A)

Thats about it...I'll save rooom for everybody else!
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

• Banned User

I agree with most of what you had to say. I'll only add:

24: Went too deep into soap territory with Jack's family issues but turned it around towards the end and wrapped up with an awesome finale. Can't wait for next season.

Grey's: I actually liked the Ferry Wreck episode, right up until Meredith's drowning. That got a little sappy. The finale was, meh. The wedding fiasco was a little dumb, but this season's biggest fault was easily Izzy's turning into Jezebel. I just kept groaning every time she came on screen and counted the seconds until she left.

Lost: Much the same as 24 it started out weak but redeemed itself on the home stretch. The finale was great right up to the lackluster "surprise" ending. I was bummed about the ridiculously long wait until next season, but not so much now.

• Circle of Ancients

Can't believe I forgot about Heroes.

Great first season. Great storylines. Love it, can't wait for next season. Get's an A- for me.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I thought "King of Queens" series finale was somewhat bizarre.....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Heroes: i hadn't been this excited about a TV show since Freaks and Geeks, thankfully this one will be back for a second season, unlike my beloved FandG which i still consider one of the best TV shows ever.

CSI:The original: Wow, i got goosebumps each and every time another Miniature Killer model was found. Great storylines, acting..and even a great episode about the lab rats! Maybe its best season ever?

The Office: dunno about anyone else, but the season finale made me cry...just the look of sheer and utter joy on Pam's face after Jim asked her out to dinner...i wonder if they improvised that scene and she didnt' know that line was coming from him?

Prison Break: We haven't watched it yet! we have the whole season still on our DVR, hope its good when we finally get around to watching it!

Family Guy/South Park/The Simpsons/Morel Orel/Robot Chicken: I dunno what i'd do without the comedic genious of these shows.
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Directly directed

Ugly Betty- Get's an A from me. That was the only show I consistantly watched every week and the season finale totally made me cry.

Heroes- was really really good but still incredibly creepy. Now I haven't watched the finale yet but I'd give it an A as well.

The Office- The finale was one of the best I've ever seen with Ryan getting the job, and Jan's line "is it because of these? Because he likes them!" Jim asking out Pam, OMG it was so good! An A.

Scrubs does not get an A just because of where the series ended up. Kim was horrible to JD but he was horrible right back. And then the whole Laverne story line I just didn't like. Although I did think that the episode before that was the best scrubs episode I've ever seen.

My Name is Earl- had these really weird sub plots going on throughout the series and then a total bizarre ending. B-

Ace of Cakes is amazing, I totally want to work for Duff.

• My cuties!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    House. Not as much of a cliff hanger this year. But this show is just consistently good. Hugh Laurie is a darn good actor. (By the way, I wonder if Jack in Lost during his flash forward learned to pop pills from House )
    The finale is on this week, isn't it? I'm guessing the "cliffhanger" will be whether or not Foreman stays. Did you know Chase and Cameron are engaged in real life? I thought that was interesting!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

24: Enjoyable as always. Probably one of the best seasons so far.

The Class: Wasn't sure what to make of it at first but I ended up liking it. I think CBS cancelled it though so I'm kinda bummed.

How I Met Your Mother: Amusing and funny. Looking forward to season 3! I love Barney.

Two and a Half Men:
    Some episodes were a riot and others not so much. But still entertaining.

Robin Hood: Loved it! This was the surprise of the year for me. Costumes could use some work, but this is the BBC we're talking about (notorious for bad costumes). I heard they picked this up for a 2nd season so I'm totally looking forward to that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast