Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Former Epcot CM

Holmes dropped from Batman 2

Quote Originally Posted by IMDb
    Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman have signed to star in a second Batman movie, but love interest Katie Holmes has been dropped. Movie bosses are thrilled with the response to Batman Begins - it took $46.9 million in its first weekend at the US box office - and have snapped up the film's stars for a sequel. Bale as Batman was the first to put pen to paper, followed by Caine as butler Alfred and Freeman as Bruce Wayne's business associate Lucius Fox. But Holmes won't reprise her role as district attorney Rachel Dawes - reportedly because Warner Bros is angry her engagement to Tom Cruise has stolen media attention away from the movie. A source tells Pagesix.Com, "Everyone is in agreement that the movie's strength is with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman." Adding of Holmes, "She won't be in the sequel... the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress. Warner is happy that people are now focusing on who'll be playing the Joker rather than Katie and Tom."
    I actually liked Holmes, but I'm sure a stronger actress would be better. Yay for the other castmembers returning, sorry about the title of my post (Batman 2) but I am thinking of Batman Begins as the new Batman and the original Batman as dust.
    Last edited by Speedway; 06-21-2005 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Added origin of quote
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    I actually liked Holmes, but I'm sure a stronger actress would be better. Yay for the other castmembers returning, sorry about the title of my post (Batman 2) but I am thinking of Batman Begins as the new Batman and the original Batman as dust.
    Why does he need a love interest? Doesn't David Goyer read the books? Batman/Bruce Wayne has a horriable time trying to hold down a relationship. I would love to see just one movie where he wasn't a Romeo. He has a lot of personal issues and they seem to lose that so often in these films. If anything his two most notable relationships have been with Catwoman and Raj a Ghuel's daughter Talia both whom are his pseudo enemy.

I would love to see more of the detective side develop in the next film as he solves the mystery of the Joker.

• Best Buds

It's not that I don't trust the article listed above...but I don't. I doubt WB would try to sign the stars AFTER the movie is released. I'm sure they would have signed multi-picture deals beforehand. Also, I've never heard of a studio complaining about publicity regarding one of their stars just before the film opens.
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• a saweet songbird =)

I actually got a chance to see the new Batman and feel as though they could have a chosen a stronger leading lady as opposed to Katie Holmes. I also highly doubt that her love affair had that big of an effect on the movie's sales seeing as how it made "$72.9 million since its debut last Wednesday."

• Banned User

So who will play Jocker??

I heard that was the next film's villan.... (or was it riddler??)

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries
    Hollywood.
    Though I, too, thought that everyone had already signed.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    So who will play Jocker??

I heard that was the next film's villan.... (or was it riddler??)
    You mean Joker? Jocker sounds like some high school jock who spread jock rash to unsuspecting victims.

Rumors are already abound- names like Robin Williams and Kevin Spacey are already being tossed around- poor choice since he set to play Lex Luthor next summer. I think they should go young, someone similar in age to Bale and skinny and pale.

• Still holding the keys

I really hope they don’t cast Robin Williams as the Joker. No offense to Mr. Williams, but I don’t want to see this latest incarnation of Batman go down the same path as the previous series; with each sequel sporting a villain more over-the-top than the last. Batman Begins really benefited by focusing on Batman/Bruce Wayne and having more understated bad guys.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    hubby and I were debating this last night- I don't know if I want to see them going back over territory that has already been explored by the movies already. What more can they do with the joker? (someone please answer, I have no expereince with the series apart from the movies and I am really curious if there is something compelling to explore with the joker)
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• IZTUAZU!!!

This was the first time I saw Holmes act. I wasn't impressed. No offense, future Mrs. Cruise, maybe your fiancee can get you some films because your acting really isn't enough.
    J.B. Opie

"Doubt is the rust of a feeble mind. The only way to seize the future is to grasp the present. Let's Go!"

-Chairman Clench, Alien Encounter

• Minion

I don't know about you, but I am SOOOOOOO tired of seeing the tiny helpless girl run after ideals by going into dark alleys or putting themselves in immediate danger, only to see the hero get injured or trapped as a result...

That's why I hated the Superman series as a kid.... Somebody lock Lois' crazy *** up before she kills herself!

And Katie Holmes wasn't that great and she won't be missed by me!

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    hubby and I were debating this last night- I don't know if I want to see them going back over territory that has already been explored by the movies already. What more can they do with the joker? (someone please answer, I have no expereince with the series apart from the movies and I am really curious if there is something compelling to explore with the joker)
    The Joker is a far more sinister complex creature than the first film gave him credit for. The territory is wide open as far as I am concerned because the cornering the Joker and solving his clues are part of the fun that was somewhat lost by the first film. Plus he needs his Harley Quinn and troop of stooges and wonderful dier plot that is simply designed out of criminal insanity and a hatred of Batman.

• Disney Dream 10/23!!

Uhh...the only thing I think of when I see her is tom cruise, and she really isn't that great of an actress.

• They wanna know, HO!

Adam West better have a guest role in this movie just like how Stan Lee is in all the Marvel comic movies....

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Plus she pretty much killed any thought of a relationship at the end of the movie (well, her character did) so who needs her anyways?
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast