Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Star Trek 11'

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Star Trek 11'

Michael has also created the latest Space Mountain music and the scores for 'The Incredibles' and 'Ratatouille'.

Paramount confirms Star Trek XI composer
    May 23, 2007, 5:36AM
    Film Music Magazine

Paramount Pictures has confirmed to FMW that Michael Giacchino is indeed attached to the new Star Trek movie. In fact, it was only officially confirmed a couple of weeks ago that director J.J. Abrams has signed on to direct the film. For anyone who knows Giacchino’s work, the Star Trek assignment doesn’t come as a big surprise since he scored Abrams’ previous projects, Mission: Impossible III, Lost and Alias.

J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek 11' - 1/12/07
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ight=star+trek

• I'm not really here

Re: 'Star Trek 11'

Wow, that is a huge departure from standard Trek though. I am incredibly curious to see what Michael comes up with. He is an amazing composer and I love his other work. This will be fun to see. I'm not only a huge Disney freak, but a trekkie also.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quinto cast as next-gen half-Vulcan

By Borys Kit
    The Hollywood Reporter
    July 27, 2007

SAN DIEGO — Zachary Quinto (“Heroes”) will don a pair of pointy ears to play Spock in Paramount Pictures’ newest installment of its long-running “Star Trek” franchise — and he’ll be joined by Leonard Nimoy, reprising the role that he created.

J.J. Abrams, who is directing the 11th “Star Trek” film, currently untitled, revealed the casting Thursday at the San Diego Comic-Con International during a presentation hosted by Paramount Pictures, DreamWorks and Nickelodeon Movies. The actors joined Abrams onstage as he made the announcement.

As part of the presentation, Steven Spielberg said that Karen Allen, who starred opposite Harrison Ford in the original “Raiders of the Lost Ark,” will appear in the upcoming untitled sequel to that franchise. Spielberg spoke via satellite from the film’s set about the movie, which will be released March 21.

Quinto is best known for playing the villainous Sylar on NBC’s hit “Heroes.” Plot details were not revealed about the new “Trek,” though the film is believed to revolve around the first encounters between a young Spock and Capt. James T. Kirk at Starfleet Academy.

Abrams, the prolific co-creator/executive producer of ABC’s hit drama “Lost” and director of Paramount’s “Mission: Impossible III,” has been developing the project, which he also is producing through his Paramount-based Bad Robot shingle.

Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, who wrote “M:I-3” for Abrams and Paramount, have penned a screenplay and will executive produce along with producers Bryan Burk and Damon Lindelof. The film is scheduled for a Christmas Day 2008 release.

Quinto, whose credits include the TV series “So Notorious” and “24,” is repped by WMA. Nimoy is repped by attorney Tom Hansen.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...739497b0bcd75b
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Wait, is that ... ? Could it be ... It is! Spock!

The big surprise of the day?

Leonard Nimoy strolled out on-stage to thunderous applause during the Paramount Pictures panel on the new "Star Trek" film. The film, to be directed and produced by J.J. Abrams, follows the iconic crew members of the USS Enterprise during their early years in Starfleet. Abrams (who admitted to the crowd that he grew up more of a " 'Star Wars' kid than a 'Star Trek' kid") introduced the "young" Spock for the film: Zachary Quinto of "Heroes."

The crowd clearly approved.

Then Abrams playfully told the audience he had another casting revelation: "We have more than one Spock." Then he brought out Nimoy (whom the filmmaker repeatedly referred to with a deferential "Mr. Nimoy").

Apparently the film will have a framing device with the older Spock. Nimoy told the crowd the movie has a "fantastic" script and a "great director." He added: "People keep asking me why I'm doing this movie. The answer is, well, it was logical."
    Photo: Sheigh Crabtree LAT
    --Geoff Boucher
    http://www.latimes.com/
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Wow, I must have really bad dyslexia; at first I thought this thread title was "Shrek 11".... I was like holy cow have they made that many already??

--Jonathan

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

The Q&A
    Spock Meets Spock!

In a roundtable conversation with EW, the two Spocks -- Leonard Nimoy and newly cast Zachary Quinto -- join director J.J. Abrams to talk about their preparations and hopes for 2008's ''Star Trek'' reboot

PASSING THE TORCH ''I feel like the character is being put in very, very good hands,'' says Nimoy (left) of the casting of Quinto (right) as the new, young(er) Spock
    Leonared Nimoy and Zachary Quinto: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage.com; Spock: Kobal Collection

By Jeff Jensen
    Entertainment Weekly
    Jeff Jensen, an EW senior writer, has been despondent since the cancellation of ''Twin Peaks''

Finally, they're beaming up.

Ending months of speculation, J.J. Abrams announced the first major casting in the director's hush-hush re-energizing of the Star Trek movie franchise by tapping Zachary Quinto to play Spock, the hyper-logical science stud with the pointy ears and Vulcan death grip. In case the name doesn't register on your tricorder, the 29-year-old actor plays Sylar, the serial killer who eats superpowered brains on Heroes.

Quinto's fellow Heroes are thrilled for him. In fact, Milo Ventimiglia reveals to EW that his friends helped champion Quinto for the role. ''A long time ago he and I had a conversation about roles we would love to play,'' says Ventimiglia. ''His was like, 'Man, I just want to play Spock.' Now, my friends knew Star Trek was coming back, and they had gone online and started dropping hints like, 'Milo — Spock '08.' It was a total joke. But when they heard Zach wanted to be Spock, they looked at him, totally saw Spock in him, and went back to the Web and started dropping 'Zach Quinto — Spock '08.' I'm blown away that Zach got the part.''

Masi Oka seconds Milo's motion. ''We can't be any more happy for him. He's so talented. He's perfect for the part. He wanted it really badly and we were all rooting for him,'' says Oka, adding that he offered Quinto some suggestions on mastering what might be his greatest challenge: nailing Spock's Vulcan salute. ''When Zach and I would hang out, he'd have a rubber band over his fingers, practicing his muscle. We've come up with ways to practice — wiggle the fingers, doing yoga for the hand.... He's been practicing for about a month. I'm betting on him. He'll get it down.''

Maybe Quinto can get some pointers from his pointy-eared predecessor, seeing how they'll soon be seeing a lot of each other. As it turns out, Leonard Nimoy, the original Spock, will also be in Abrams' movie, which is set to begin filming in November and is due Christmas 2008. Creative details are still under wraps, but Abrams and producer Damon Lindelof (Lost) confirm that Nimoy will be playing the role of... Spock. While we can only guess what this means for the story — framing device? time travel? — here's what we know for certain: Abrams is still searching for his Captain Kirk; Quinto will go MIA during a chunk of the upcoming season to film Star Trek (the logistics were hammered out between Lindelof and Heroes creator Tim Kring, who are old friends); and Nimoy has advised the new Spock to brace himself for scads of ear jokes. The three Trekkers sat down for an exclusive conversation with EW following the casting announcement last week at Comic-Con in San Diego.
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20049407,00.html

• nothing like the sun

I'm not really a Trek fan but I do think it would be a larf to see Sylar as Spock. I may see it for that reason alone.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Saldana on 'Trek' with Abrams, Par

By Borys Kit
    The Hollywood Reporter
    Sept 18, 2007

Zoe Saldana (Getty Images photo)

J.J. Abrams is slowly bringing his crew together for Paramount Pictures' 11th film in the "Star Trek" movie series. Zoe Saldana is in final negotiations to play Uhura, who is the chief communications officer on the USS Enterprise.

Plot details are begin kept under wraps, but it is understood that the movie chronicles the early days of the Enterprise crew. Saldana will join Anton Yelchin as a young Chekov, the Russian-born navigator, as well as Zachary Quinto as a young Spock. Leonard Nimoy, who originated the role of Spock, is on board as well.

On the original TV series and in the movies, Uhura was played by Nichelle Nichols.

Abrams is directing and producing the tentpole through his Paramount-based Bad Robot shingle. Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci penned the screenplay and will executive produce along with Bryan Burk and Damon Lindelof. The film is scheduled to bow on Christmas Day 2008.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...fc7163318f1e5c

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I just imed my friend saying "we're seeing this I don't care what you say." Zach Quinto is probably the hottest bad guy and the cast just keeps getting better (I heard Anton Yelchin is going to play Checkov.).

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

Kirk? McCoy? Can't wait to see how the casting rounds out.
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

http://aintitcoolnews.com is reporting Eric Bana is going to play the villian, Nero.

Okay nerdy Kim question: are they looking at the cast and going "okay how can we get the nerd girls into the theaters? How can we make Trekkies out of girls? Oh! Hire really hot men!" Because seriously, Eric Bana and Zach Quintos? Dude... That's enough yumminess to like sizzle the brain.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

WOW!!!

Eric Bana set as 'Star Trek' villain

Actor to play Nero in J.J. Abrams film

Bana

By Tatiana Siegel
    Variety
    October 10, 2007

Eric Bana has signed on to play "Star Trek" villain Nero in Paramount Pictures' bigscreen adaptation of the sci-fi series.

Plot details and even character descriptions of the J.J. Abrams-helmed project are being kept under wraps.

Anton Yelchin, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana and Leonard Nimoy have already boarded the USS Enterprise. Casting is under way in New York and London, and Abrams had been expected to pursue bigger-name actors for the roles of the villain and the Federation captain, the latter of which remains unfilled.

Par still needs to cast several other major parts before the November start date, including a young James T. Kirk and Scotty.

Abrams is producing the film through his Paramount-based Bad Robot shingle alongside Stratton Leopold, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci wrote the screenplay and will exec produce along with Bryan Burk and Damon Lindelof.

"Star Trek" will bow on Christmas Day 2008.
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

• Banned User

So far, these look like good casting choices.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Kirk? Cops?: Both? Pine in demand

By Borys Kit
    The Hollywood Reporter
    Oct 10, 2007

Chris Pine (Getty Images photo)
    Does Hollywood have a new It Boy?

Over sandwiches at Barney's Greengrass and over beer at Barney's Beanery, the talk is about Chris Pine, who might be the hottest new actor in town. He is in discussions to star as Captain Kirk in Paramount's "Star Trek" and in negotiations to star opposite George Clooney in Joe Carnahan's adaptation of the James Ellroy crime novel "White Jazz."

If Pine joins "Trek," which J.J. Abrams is directing, he would face off against Eric Bana, who was cast Tuesday as the film's villain, Nero. It is unknown whether Bana would play a human or a member of the alien race, like a Klingon; as per the veil of secrecy that surrounds "Trek," parts are being solicited and offered without scripts.

The take it-or-leave-it scenario is very much the modus operandi of Abrams, who worked the same way when making his ultra-mysterious film "Cloverfield."

Although not a complete unknown, Pine's biggest gig to date has been the male lead in the 2006 Lindsay Lohan movie "Just My Luck," which flopped. He caught some eyeballs with a scene-stealing role as a neo-Nazi assassin in "Smokin' Aces," also directed by Carnahan.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...9177379ec8a3e4

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Chris Pine was also in "Princess Diaries 2."

Again look at the cast:
    Zach Q.
    Eric Bana
    possibly Chris Pine

Dude! They're trying to get super hot guys to lure women to see the movie.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast