• off in lala land

X-men Movie news (Wolverine and Magneto)

Looks like it it almost 100% official that the X-men movie triology is going to have two prequels in the future.

Wolverine is slated for 2008 while Magneto is possible for 2009 (clickable links to IMDB).

Hugh Jackman will reprise his role Wolverine, Magneto has no actors signed up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperHeroHype.com
    Tom Rothman on More X-Men Movies

Source: The Comedian, A1ant
    May 25, 2007

While he doesn't specifically say that there will be an X-Men 4, Fox's Tom Rothman has responded to the many e-mails and letters from fans about further "X-Men"movies. The note at TheXVerse.com reads:

The next film in the X-Men series will be "Wolverine," starring Hugh Jackman. You can expect some announcements about this movie in the very near future. And we fully intend to continue to make more "X-Men" films with both old and new muties. So fans can rest assured that they will have many opportunities in the coming years to see their favorite characters on the big screen.

The other spinoff in the works is Magneto. In related news, Rebecca Romijn was asked by MTV if she'd heard anything about either spinoff. She hasn't.
    ...it's been a long time.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Re: X-men Movie news (Wolverine and Magneto)

OK I'm really leary about these movies especially how they destroyed the whole Dark Phoenix Saga in the last film. I love Hugh Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine but these writers and directors have a habit of destroying already well written stories.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Circle of Ancients

No offense to Hugh Jackman, but if it's a prequel, how can he pull that off?

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    No offense to Hugh Jackman, but if it's a prequel, how can he pull that off?
    He doesnt age...just like the real wolverine. Its movie magic, which isnt far off from disney magic

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    OK I'm really leary about these movies especially how they destroyed the whole Dark Phoenix Saga in the last film. I love Hugh Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine but these writers and directors have a habit of destroying already well written stories.
    Fox destroyed the Dark Phoenix Saga, and the last film in general by forcing X3 into production without waiting for Bryan Singer. Singer was the man who made the first two films work. The third film, while entertaining, was a complete destruction of the X-Men trilogy. The film had a weaker story, too many new characters with no character development, and it killed off or ignored major players who shouldn't have been killed off or ignored (Professor Xavier, Cyclops, Rogue, etc)

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Lost in Wonderland

I thought X-men 3 was horrid. If my fiance rents the new Wolvie or Magneto movie I will probably watch it, but I sure won't spend $9.50 to see it in theatres. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from watching the last one.

Besides I am still mad they never put Gambit in the movies. Although there are rumors that Gambit will be a major part of the Wolverine movie. If it turns out true I might see the Wolverine movie...in the cheap seats.

• My Boss Has No Idea

With Marvel Studios cranking out around 2 or more movies per year, I'm kinda burnt out with the X-men series. They should give it some more time to build up anticipation, even if it is just Wolverine or Magneto.

I hope they pull of Ironman better than Ghost Rider. And hopefully Thor will blow everyone's mind...

COMING IN THE YEAR 2020