Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Delawarean Girl

Re: THS:Mickey Mouse Club!

Ok, now I can truly comment.

I have So-So about it. Of course I would have liked them to focused more of the other decade versions then just the 90's. I shook my head when THS said something like 90's was the most best version ever out the others. I feel that all decade versions of the Mickey Mouse Club are all loved.

But I am happy that they gave the 50's & the 70's a little spotlight. But I do wish they were given more.

They forgotten the 1929 org. version. But that's alright. Not many remember or focus on that one much. (This was what I ment by four in one of my post up there)

Jennifer current look wows me. She is still a pretty lady. But, such a change. I am happy to see that DeeDee got a little work.

I didn't know that about Doreen Tracy. (but I will save that to the gold room. If I talk anymore further on that)

I wondered why they got rid of the Mickey Mouse Club Logo, when Brittney & Justin came along. That was like Mickey Mouse was nothing but a name and less important in that era, IHMO.

But, yes such a change in the world. It was more Brittney then Annette.Which was sad.
    Last edited by Hayley B; 06-10-2007 at 12:28 PM. Reason: fixing some spellings.

• Minion

I watched it (the 90's MMC was my show ). Wasn't as Britney/Justin heavy as I thought it was going to be. Completely forgot about some of the people that were on it pre-Britney/Justin.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I only caught the end of it (last 45 minutes or so) so I didn't even realize they focused on the 50's and 70's era clubs at all!

For a THS, this was pretty tame in my opinion. Similar to the Saved By the Bell one. You watch to see the dirt, and there is nothing really substantial. I guess that is a good thing though.

Really good to see some updates. What a blast from the past. I remember going to MGM and walking through the Backstage Tour where you actually saw the set of the show.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

I missed it...again!!!

I tried to watch yesterday but missed the 5pm showing. I looked online and saw that it was playing at 12 so I was at my parents house at midnight to watch only to find out that it was playing at noon. So I'm back at my parents house but they got satellite a few months ago and apparently cable shows play with eastern time so I missed it by 3 hours! It plays again at 8pm but it's really on at 5pm so I'll have to try it again. arg!!!

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I only caught the end of it (last 45 minutes or so) so I didn't even realize they focused on the 50's and 70's era clubs at all!
    It's very early in the beginning of the show and get ready to listen. They talk very fast in the spotlights. I had to rub my ears a couple of times for how much they putted in quickly.

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by mousercise View Post
    I watched it (the 90's MMC was my show ). Wasn't as Britney/Justin heavy as I thought it was going to be. Completely forgot about some of the people that were on it pre-Britney/Justin.
    I got into the pre-Britney/Justin time myself. I remember being so happy that I was going to have my very own Mickey Mouse Club in my time, at the time.

I was so interested in learning more about Jennifer, DeeDee, & the others from their time in the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    I didn't know that about Doreen Tracy. (but I will save that to the gold room. If I talk anymore further on that)
    Yep. I have a copy of that infamous issue of Gallery magazine. Doreen has had some very rough years along the way (as did Tommy Kirk), but in recent years she seems to have been doing much better.

I've run into her three times in the last 25 years. It was like meeting three different people.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by dcaguy View Post
    Todd has a regular 9 to 5 job now and plays in a band called Loud Neighbor and the band even has a website. They play alot in Hermosa Beach CA. I loved the 70's version and went to the Disneyland shows all the time back in 77 and 78. Glad Julie gave an interview and she was my first crush . Julie has a fansite called www.juliepiekarski.com. Also go to www.newmickeymouseclub.com for more 70's club pictures and links. Todds band website is www.loudneighbor.com
    Ahhh.... covers band. Looks like they do a lot of songs I like though. They do a lot of songs the band my guy currently plays in does too. LOL! If I lived out that way I'd totally check them out.

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    but in recent years she seems to have been doing much better.
    yes, that the way she appears to me currently too. (remembering how she was in the Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse Club). She seems happy and likeable by listening to her from there. Easy to get along with as they all do.

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    I've run into her three times in the last 25 years. It was like meeting three different people.
    Wow. Awesome that you got to run into you her.

I always thought she was a cutie during the 50's Mickey Mouse Club show.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Tonight at 8 it's on again!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain