Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Pathetically Obsessed

Disney Rewards Visa Card

Anyone apply for this card? I'm interested in your opinions and experience with this card. Why did you get it? What exactly are the rewards? Have you enjoyed it? Or were you disappointed for any reason?

Thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by InspiredByWalt; 06-04-2007 at 08:05 PM. Reason: removed note to mods
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• Feel the breeze!

Re: Disney Rewards Visa Card

I have one. I used the stored points to pay for most of my room at the Disneyland Hotel this weekend.

I am happy with the card. Of course, I pay my card off in full each month.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I had the old Disney credit card before they partnered with Visa. So I;m no help.

• Senior Minion

I have one.

I have a quite a few stored points that I may use soon on my next trip. I will say it takes a lot purchases too get any sort of point accumulation.
    I liked it better when it was Bank One, the interest rate was better. Lots of cool offers and deals though.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Minion

Blog Entries

i have the card, and have round 16 pts, lol, yea, i'm a lightweight. i havn't yet tried to use my points, i'll let you know how it goes.

• Pathetically Obsessed

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon View Post
    I have one.

I have a quite a few stored points that I may use soon on my next trip. I will say it takes a lot purchases too get any sort of point accumulation.
    I liked it better when it was Bank One, the interest rate was better. Lots of cool offers and deals though.
    We have an airline credit card and use it for almost all our food, gas, and misc purchases. We also pay it off every month and have accumulated enough points to get 4 free tickets anywhere in the US.

However, I wanted to know what the rewards are, so any help there is appreciated. Sounds like hotel rooms and park tickets, right? Anything else? Do you get a discount in the parks when you use the card?
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

I got it a few years back and put our whole Dland trip on it, air tickets, DL hotel room, park hoppers and everything we purchased..think I racked it up to 6K+ in 10days! A few weeks before the NEXT trip I called the rewards peeps n' had them transfer all the pts onto a Disney Gift card which I gave to the hub to use (cash is like water thru his fingers, the giftcard worked MUCH better for him!). There is a clincher tho', I found this type of VISA card typically carries a higher interest rate than most others so to get around that I just made sure to pay it off b4 the grace period ended.....and what I couldn't pay off I transferred to a preferred interest card. Wooo, then it was ready for Round 2...and repeat. It's kind of neat also because if you aren't a Premium AP holder (which garners a greater discount in some areas) it's a good 10% discount on anything purchased at the DisneyStore over $50.(and all you have to do is SHOW the card, don't actually have to charge with it!!).. AND you have access to some 'exclusive' pins ---if you've been sucked into that vortex of collecting!

And ONE last thing, you get choice of COOL Disney themed cards...kinda makes you stand out from the regular Visa/MC crowd. ;-)

Otherwise, you probably get bigger bang for your buying buck from one of those lower interest rate Bank cards awarding points/miles/rebates.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredByWalt View Post
    Anyone apply for this card? I'm interested in your opinions and experience with this card. Why did you get it? What exactly are the rewards? Have you enjoyed it? Or were you disappointed for any reason?

Thanks for sharing!
    A few things I forgot to mention, is they have a lot of special merchandise and special offers exclusive to Disney Visa customers. One of the collectible items I purchased, actually tripled in value on Ebay. Not that Ebay is a good gauge for value, but it is interesting too see the item are still worth something later on.

Movie Tickets, Lion King and Mary Poppins Broadway shows, special resort deals, O% financing on Disney Vacations.(If one needs that).
    Thank goodness we saw the Haunted Mansion movie for free.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredByWalt View Post
    We have an airline credit card and use it for almost all our food, gas, and misc purchases. We also pay it off every month and have accumulated enough points to get 4 free tickets anywhere in the US.

However, I wanted to know what the rewards are, so any help there is appreciated. Sounds like hotel rooms and park tickets, right? Anything else? Do you get a discount in the parks when you use the card?
    I honestly do not think it is better then the airline ticket credit cards. It really isn't as valuable.
    Here's an example from the Chase Disney Visa Site for the 50th anniversary.
    # Meet some of your favorite Disney Characters and receive a keepsake photo.4, 5
    # Discounts on dining at select locations at the Disneyland® Resort6
    # Discounts on merchandise at select locations7, 8
    # 20% off the non-discounted price of select tours9, 10
    # Free Stroller rentals at the Disneyland® Resort (theme park admission required).
    Oops they beat me too it.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I've had mine for a while and have not used the points yet. But, I had a bad experience with an ebay auction and they were very quick and accomodating to work with me on reversing the transaction and credited my account within the month.

Also, I just love having Mickey on my card

• MA Reader Since 2003

You only get 1 point for every $100 charged so you have to spend $75,000 to get 750 points or $750. I think your airline card is probably a better deal.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein

• Directly directed

I love it! The interest rate sucks so I try to pay it off every month and no the reward points aren't the best, but you can use them on so many things and you get a discount on merchandise and food throughout most of the park. Plus I have tinkerbell on my credit card and i think that's pretty cool.

I have actually been quite happy with my Disney Visa. One time I lost one of the cards and someone racked up about 700 bucks at Wal-mart that day and the charges were quickly removed without hassle. Also the regular interest rate maybe on the high end, but I recently got a special offer from them through us of those convince checks of an addition 0% for 6 more months or 5.99% for the life of the balance. I took advantage of both by transfering a smaller amount that I could pay off before it expires at 0% and most of the rest of my credit line at the fixed rate.

I wouldn't expect to use the points to pay for an entire trip but in December we cashed in the points we had and it was enough for a nice dinner for 2 at O'hanas at the Polynesian Resort. The points you earn are basically converted into a gift card with can be used toward just about anything the balance of your hotel stay, passes, food, souvenirs.

They also mail you a monthly (or maybe it is quarterly) newsletter with info about Disney (although it is stuff usually already know here on MC) and special merchandise offers or discounts on the tours offered at WDW or the Broadway shows.

We're going to Disney World this weekend and have some pretty good Disney dollars we can use to buy some meals with. Since we're buying the things we use the card for anyway, I like getting the Disney credit.

Supposedly we get a photo opportunity at EPCOT that we'll have to check out, I'm not quite sure how that works. But the free strollers at Disneyland is a nice savings for us too.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Bottomline, other cards offer MUCH greater value, but none other than Disney offers the cool cards..love my mickey!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast