Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   

80's cartoons that might become movies

Check out these movies that are sort of in the works!
    I think its cool that there are options of bringing them back but I hope it doesn't go too far. Some of these I'd love to see though!
    I love M.A.S.K.!

http://movies.msn.com/movies/hitlist/06-12-07_3

• Boogers are salty

Re: 80's cartoons that might become movies

TMNT was horrible, if done well ok but bad is not better than nothing at all.

• For You!

Okay, those "ideas" were pretty funny.

They already did a He-Man movie - anyone remember Dolph Lundgren running around in a loin cloth?? It was a pretty bad movie if I remember.

I used to love Thundercats though! That'd be cool.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Boogers are salty

Lindsay Lohan as Jem................i think im gonna puke

• Married and happy again!!

Out of that list I'd love to see BUT only if they can do them right!

G.I.Joe (live action or traditonal animation)
    Thundercats (no CGI! TNMT is the reason why nuff said. animation perfered)
    Voltron (I doubt they will get it right the last time they did the cartoon it was horrible)
    Jem And The Holograms (live action please)
    M.A.S.K (live action, please don't let Michale Bay direct it!)
    Warning rant coming!

I was super excited about Transformers but after seeing the previews I just don't know now. I don't like the look of the Transformers for the most part. I thought it was suposed to be gen 1 Transformers? But they are messing with the protoforms that they take ( I knew Megatron wouldn't be a gun like the cartoon since they can't sell a gun that looks real as a toy) but they are messing with others as well They have a car that is Decepticon Swindle well that is just wrong he was a military jeep that was part of the combinder group that formed Bruticus. Bumblebee a Camaro why? There is no reason he couldn't still be a VW Bettle. They could have used a new one I would have been fine with that. Or why the heck is Ironhide black? There are other things I have found wrong already but I won't go into them now.
    Ok rant done I'll return to the regular thread now.

And god please not another He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe. The 80's one with Dolf was HORRIBLE
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Boogers are salty

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    Okay, those "ideas" were pretty funny.

They already did a He-Man movie - anyone remember Dolph Lundgren running around in a loin cloth?? It was a pretty bad movie if I remember.

I used to love Thundercats though! That'd be cool.
    Masters of the Universe was one of the greatest movies of all time

• Boogers are salty

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalover View Post

Voltron (I doubt they will get it right the last time they did the cartoon it was horrible)
    Warning rant coming!

I was super excited about Transformers but after seeing the previews I just don't know now. I don't like the look of the Transformers for the most part. I thought it was suposed to be gen 1 Transformers? But they are messing with the protoforms that they take ( I knew Megatron wouldn't be a gun like the cartoon since they can't sell a gun that looks real as a toy) but they are messing with others as well They have a car that is Decepticon Swindle well that is just wrong he was a military jeep that was part of the combinder group that formed Bruticus. Bumblebee a Camaro why? There is no reason he couldn't still be a VW Bettle. They could have used a new one I would have been fine with that. Or why the heck is Ironhide black? There are other things I have found wrong already but I won't go into them now.

And god please not another He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe. The 80's one with Dolf was HORRIBLE
    Actually VW wouldnt allow Bumblebee to be a Bettle, they are really contious of what they allow their image to be, a bad move on their part cuz it would have been their best commercial of all time

OK, so he-man bombed...but what about She-Ra?
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by 1disneynut2another View Post
    Actually VW wouldnt allow Bumblebee to be a Bettle, they are really contious of what they allow their image to be, a bad move on their part cuz it would have been their best commercial of all time

Agreed. Very lame of them. Especially since Bumblebee is a GOOD guy!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Married and happy again!!

Dumb move on thier part. Still there had to be something closer to a Bettle than a Camaro.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'd love to see a Jem one but... Lindsay? NOOOOOOO!!!!!

• More Than Meets The Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalover View Post

Warning rant coming!

Well if you can rant...

Nobody ever said the Transformers movie was going to be G1. In fact it was (and still is) being said quite the opposite. The Movie-verse is a whole new retelling of the mythos that takes elements from several areas of Transformers.

Why does Bumblebee have to be a Beetle? I think it's about time the character took a better alternate mode. The Camaro has much more power and muscle than a little Beetle. Especially the concept Camaro that they used for the movie. On a side note, for the G1 "purists" an easter egg was thrown in at the car lot and can be seen in the first trailer where the old '74 Camaro pulls under the awning.

Same can go for Ironhide. Why does he have to be red? Or a van for that matter? This new Topkick vehicle is much more fitting of the character.

I know the movie designs aren't for everyone, they aren't the norm that everyone aware of the mythos is used to... but honestly, go see the movie before passing judgement on them.

Lastly, Swindle is just a name... might as well be like meeting someone named David and then a day later meeting someone else named David and then complaining that they weren't the same person you met the day before. The Swindle you saw (the red car with the monocle face) was a character created for the Movie tie-in video game. It's not in the movie and is not in any, way, shape or form (obviously) related to the combiner (no 'd' in there) character that formed part of Bruticus in G1.

Now... Back on topic.

GiJoe and Thundercats are pretty much a go, I'm excited for those.

Voltron, I have to admit, I'm not that excited about but if done well could bring in some decent money with the nostaligic crowd but a lot of today's kids/teens wouldn't know who or what a Voltron is unless they have a parent or family member that still collects it. Then again, now that I think about it, the same could be said of Thundercats.

I would love to see a M.A.S.K. movie, and I really hope they get Michael Bay to direct it. If he gave it the same treatment he gave Transformers then it would be awesome.

I'm leery on the news of a new He-Man movie as well... not because of the 80s flop like most people are thinking... but mostly because of the recent attempt to revive the line failed and a movie about it may not go over too well. Then again, I could be completely wrong on that one.
    Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

• Minion

LOL at Bumblee being a little punk a** beetle.

Might as well made it a prius!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Agreed. Very lame of them. Especially since Bumblebee is a GOOD guy!
    It has nothing to do with the character being a good guy or bad guy. The fact that they don't want their vehicles portrayed in a war-type movie, especially one that has their car transforming and causing possible destruction (big robots no matter how careful they try to be will cause destruction, you'll see thatin the movie.)

It wasn't just for the movie that VW denied the license. It's been that way in the toyline for years now. Hasbro tried to go to them to make a new Alternator Bumblebee (websearch Transformers: Alternators for more info) but were denied the license for the above stated reasons. Which is too bad because it used the new Beetle design and was very complimentary to both modes and would've made a nice toy. That's also why the Bumblebee figure in the Classics line (line right before the movie toys came out) is closer in kin to a mini cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    LOL at Bumblee being a little punk a** beetle.

Might as well made it a prius!
    Or a Vespa...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast