Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 'Ratatouille' discussion thread (merged threads)

I loved it!! My 5 year old son started getting antsy about half way through. As soon as the popcorn was gone he wanted to leave. It is a bit long, I think it was just over 2 hours.

So mixed reviews from us, but it'll definately be a movie we'll buy when it comes out on DVD.

• Minion

ORDDU: Well, my sisters and I had the pleasure of conjuring up this charming film inside our crystal ball last night and we all 3 agreed that it was one of the best, most heart warming movies we'd seen in a long time. The furry little chef can come cook in our kitchen ANY time. (He is also welcome to clean up the current mess left behind by my two sisters who haven't yet learned the art of being tidy.)

ORWEN: Well, all I know is that I wanna get a rat just like Remy for myself! He's so cute and sweet and watching his movie made me cry. I wanna' bring him home so I can pet him and feed him and love him and sleep with him--

ORGOCH: Well, Good Lord, witch!! I ain't seen ya this messed up since the time ya tried ta pretend ya was Snoozin' Floozie!! An' this time yer outta control over a dang RAT?!

ORWEN: Don't you call him a 'danged rat', old biddy! Remy is my newest hero and if you don't like it you can go stick your head in a cauldron and boil your eyelids off for all I care!

ORDDU: (Ahem!) The point IS, ducklings, we really believe RATATOUILLE to be one of the best Disney/Pixer films to date. We're also hoping that this movie helps to dispell a terrible myth about rats because--whether people realize it or not--they are some of the most loveable and intelligent creatures on God's green Earth. Everyone should have one for a pet!

• Minion

Just saw it today..I loved it. I have a question. Which character was Mustafa? That's the role John Ratzeberger did and I can't remember which one that was.

Never mind, I did a Google search. He was the waiter.

• Man O Lantern

I thought it was beautiful and my six year old really freakishly loved it. I haven't seen her fall in love with a movie like this in quite some time. Cute! To see her completely engrossed in it was touching. Go Brad Bird!

It's not my favorite Pixar movie, but it's my favorite animated movie since The Incredibles.

• Ravenclaw

For someone who loves cooking and food as I do, this movie was excellent. The animation of the chefs show they really did their homework as to how chefs and cooks behave in the kitchen; their technique (elbows in! always return to this position! dirty apron, clean sleeves!) And I love that they shouted out Thomas Keller in the credits; he is my favourite chef in the entire planet!

--nick--
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

• Just this guy......

From Yahoo News:

The previous weekend's No. 1 flick, Disney's animated "Ratatouille," dropped to second place with $29 million, raising its 10-day total to $109.5 million. "Ratatouille" held up well in its second weekend as revenues fell just 38 percent, compared to drops of 50 percent or more for many other big summer movies.

$109 in 10 days, that's not too bad.

I saw the movie the other day and loved it

Only one question, I read John Ratzenber's name in the credits but I don't remember hearing his voice in the movie. Can anyone help me identify his character from the movie?

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    I saw the movie the other day and loved it

Only one question, I read John Ratzenber's name in the credits but I don't remember hearing his voice in the movie. Can anyone help me identify his character from the movie?

The waiter- Mustafa

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    The waiter- Mustafa
    I had such a hard time figuring out who he was too. Even Jeanine Garafolo, who I knew would be in the movie also, I would not have been able to tell it was her. The French accents really do throw you for a loop.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

We saw Ratatouille on Saturday. Even had my mom tag along (she doesn't even know what Pixar is. How sad). We all enjoyed it very much. Looking forward to the DVD.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    The waiter- Mustafa
    Interesting I would have never guessed, missed Jeanine Garafeoo too. Which one was she? Those voices are usually very obvious to me.

Either they were so good at getting into the character with the accents or I was too wrapped up in the movie I wasn't paying attention. Yeah I really liked it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    Interesting I would have never guessed, missed Jeanine Garafeoo too. Which one was she? Those voices are usually very obvious to me.
    Jeanine Garafalo was the love interest, Chef Colette.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

^^ oh that makes sense now. Thanks

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    I just came back from it. I thought it was very poor and I was dissapointed. However, from the first trailer I saw, I had no desire to see it. The only reason I saw it is because I've seen every other pixar (and loved them all, except cars which I only liked). This just wasn't funny to me. It was as unique as the past movies have been...It just lacked the charm. Wall-E looks promising though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole220 View Post
    Wow, this is exactly how I feel, especially the bolded part.

I didn't care for it. I wanted to like it, I really did. After hearing all the great reviews, I went in with very high expectations. Plus, it's Pixar, I love their movies.

I didn't find it funny, it was actually quite boring. Yes the story was great, it just didn't do it for me. I did like the visuals, very beautiful, everything looked real. I'm not a rat person, but Remy was very cute.

The short before the movie, Lifted, was very cute!! I loved the little green guy. He sort of reminded me of myself. When he got angry and started pushing all the buttons...yeah, totally would have done the same.

This joins Cars at the bottom of my Pixar list. Hopefully Wall E, Toy Story 3, and all the others will be better.
    I absolutely agree with everyone above. We saw this last week and I had not read this thread until today but I really wasn't that impressed. It was cute and I would definitely watch it again, but I could have waited for DVD. I think I laughed the most during the short "Lifted" in the beginning than I did throughout the whole movie.

I don't hate it, I just wasn't that impressed with it either. I so wanted to be too.

• Infinitized!

I saw the movie a few nights ago and thought it was great. I think it is Pixar's best so far.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast