Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Ratatouille' discussion thread (merged threads)

ADMIN NOTE: This thread is a place-holder for Ratatouille discussion. If you have a review or would like to vote on the film, please follow this link: http://micechat.com/forums/miceage-discussions/67862-ratatouille-official-mice-chat-revues.html

What a treat- It's like ordering dessert first! Resistance is futile and foolish.

Discuss the film here. To read the reviews, post a review, or vote on the film, click the link below.
    If you have a review of the film, would like to vote on the film, or would like to read the reviews of others, please follow this link: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67862
    Last edited by Dustysage; 06-15-2007 at 08:29 AM.

• out & about

Official "RATATOUILLE" Movie Review and Poll!

*Caution: There May Be Spoilers Ahead*

I know this movie doesnt officially open for a few weeks but the sneek peek is tomorrow night (plus todays myspace preview). I know Im going... are you?

Anyway, go see the movie and then hurry home so we can talk about it (and possibly ruin it for others).
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Official "RATATOUILLE" Movie Review and Poll!

Join us here for reviews from last night's and a previous benefit screening:

'Ratatouille' officier Mice Chat Revues - 6/14/07
    'Ratatouille' official Mice Chat Revues
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Re: Official "RATATOUILLE" Movie Review and Poll!

I am buying tickets today for the sneak peek tomorrow night. Yippee!

• back to WDW in January

Is 'Ratatouille' REALLY that good?

I have yet to read a really bad review of this movie.
    There are a few (very few) critics who dislike it but don't totally pan it, while the vast majority of them seem to think this is a great film.
    Rotten Tomatoes, a site which rates movies by first, listing and then averaging all critic reviews, has it set at a whopping 94% favorable rating - as of this writing .
    Jim Hill has mentioned that despite all this, the industry (himself included) does not think it will prove to be a big money maker for Disney and will probably come in way behind their last animated blockbuster, "Cars".

So what do you think? Is Ratatouille a diamond in the rough, an underdog with huge potential, a bright but distant star? or will it ultimately prove to have only critical and not mass audience appeal?

Rotten Tomatoes results: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ratatouille/
    Rotten Tomatoes negative reviews: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/rata...?critic=rotten

• Banned User

Re: Is 'Ratatouille' REALLY that good?

Well first, they should lay off on the negative expectations for the film. At a Buena Vista private premiere this morning, I will gladly admit that the movie was stunning. A wonderful storyline that kept you engaged, emotion that brings the tears to your eyes, amazing voice acting, stunning animation that made you feel like you were in the movie itself, characters that you can't help but love, and humor that made you feel great. A far cry from the sleezy crap of Knocked Up and familiarity/repeatability of Pirates, Shrek, and Spiderman. It was fresh and made you want to watch it over as soon as the movie ends. Even the credits were delightful. Good word of mouth helps. The difficulty of Cars was that it was difficult to connect to and take to. It was more a boys movie. Ratatouille is much more humerous and attractive in that it is much more relatable. A few of people I talked to said the same thing. There is no rock n roll music or loud race scenes. It is better for sure- depsite Cars still being a strong film. It is a cool, classy fare.
    Last edited by DisneyMickey; 06-29-2007 at 02:03 PM.

• Minion

I really hope Ratatouille does well in the box office; it sure deserves it.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Outstanding reviews don't necessarily equate to big box office. Disney/Pixar knows that no matter how good it is, Ratatouille is a tough sell. Hence the extra preview showings--they wanted to build good word of mouth. The movie's still about a rat in a kitchen and some people are going to be put off by that. Ratatouille is also the second "rat" film to come out in the last year. Flushed Away may not compare to Ratatouille, but it was cute and entertaining . . . and never really found an audience.

The timing for Ratatouille, however, is very favorable. After all the sequels and 3-quels released in the past couple months, audiences are starved for something original (even though plenty will see the fourth installment of Die Hard this weekend) and Ratatouille could fit the bill. I don't expect a spectacular opening--it's not a true holiday weekend and box office figures have been soft the last few weeks. $35-40 million is probably the best it can hope for.

Still, Ratatouille could have legs and do steady business as word of mouth spreads. I doubt we'll see the drop off in week two you normally see with blockbuster releases. Ratatouille's success will be over the long haul.

• Just this guy......

Re: 'Ratatouille' discussion thread

I just got back from the theater........ WOW!!!!

Ratatouille is the best film of summer without a question! I haven't laughed that much in a very long time. It might be Pixar's best but it is so different from their other great movies that it's not fair to compare them..... other than their quality.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I just got back from seeing ratatouille, and if I only say one (well, maybe two) things about it, I will say this: This movie is so stinkin' awesome!! Give John Lasseter your support!! Well, I may have one more thing to say... if this is what we can expect from John, then the Disney execs. would be so foolish not to give him the reigns. I think we can- well at least I will- give him our full support. I have full confidence that he will be an enormous asset to Disney, and will only do great things, if the quality he puts out matches or surpasses that of this movie, which, again, I have full confidence that he can.

Bravo, Mr. Lasseter! Bravo.

And I so wanted to go back and see it again as I was walking out. Such an awesome movie, music, and credits. Yes, the credits; well put together, and it is amazing at how many people it takes to make such a great movie. Also: "no motion capturing was used in the making of this film", or something to that effect, appeared towards the end of the credits. ... ... ... Wow.

Nothing but pure, Disney magic.

I can't express my excitement enough about this movie. Go see it, if you haven't!!!

• back in Austin

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I really hope Ratatouille does well in the box office; it sure deserves it.
    ditto.

I think Brad Bird has done an awesome job with this film. I'm looking forward to buying the DVD so I can watch the extra features on what a maniac he is to work with!

• Senior Minion

I saw it this morning, first showing at the local cineplex.

Yes, IMHO it's spectacular. Better than anything they have done so far, and that's saying a lot. It's one of the few movies over the past decade I would honestly pay to see in the theater again.

And get there on time, because the short they opened with is hilarious!

• Sock Puppet

Ah! I loved it.

Brad Bird is a genious of a film maker. I loved seeing how Pixar approached the film as a whole. The plot stucture is one in it's own... and the life they brought to the world of Remy and his world through camera shots.... wonderful!!!
    I adore Linguini as a character in general. His movements and attitude... wow, he is just an example of great characterization.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

You know it's a good film when you're sitting there watching and you start to nod "this is good... this is really really good"

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Comin' at ya!

I just came back from it. I thought it was very poor and I was dissapointed. However, from the first trailer I saw, I had no desire to see it. The only reason I saw it is because I've seen every other pixar (and loved them all, except cars which I only liked). This just wasn't funny to me. It was as unique as the past movies have been...It just lacked the charm. Wall-E looks promising though.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast