Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Indiana Jones 4 Comes To Universal Studios Hollywood

A giganormous set is being built on the premises that can be viewed by those who take the studio tram tour. Insiders claim that it is for the coming fourth instalment of the Indy movie series.

There's supposed to be some sort of Aztecish construct erected in soundstage 12.

Word has it that Harrison Ford has been adhering to a steady diet of exercise in order to slim down and "beefcake- up" for the long awaited feature. Costar Shia LaBeouf has also been busy at the gym "hunking-up". Steven Spielberg refers to the project as "the sweet dessert I give those who had to chow down on the bitter herbs that I've used in Munich!" After all that body building, I hope that Spielberg doesn't try to fatten Ford and Shia up on too much of that sweet dessert.

Along with Ford, the main cast will include leading lady Cate Blanchett, sidekicks Ray Winstone and Shia LaBeouf, and John Hurt. Contrary to rumor, OO7 Sean Connery will not return as Henry Jones, Sr. So much for Never say Never Again. John Rhys-Davies (Saliah) was axed. The script was written as a colaborative work between George Lucas, Spielberg and Dacid Koepp

Not meaning to change the subject, but wouldn't it rule if, after the film's release, Disney could work things out in order to use Harrison's actual likeness in Disneyland's Indiana Jones Adventure. The nondescript dummy toward the end of the ride (and it's voice) just doesn't do it for me.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-16-2007 at 12:25 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Indiana Jones 4 Comes To Universal Studios Hollywood

No John Rhys-Davies???

You would have thought after LOTR they would have wanted him. I love the Sallah character.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    No John Rhys-Davies???

You would have thought after LOTR they would have wanted him. I love the Sallah character.
    Rhyas-Davies is associated with the Indiana Jones movie series nearly as much as Harrison Ford. He played Saliah in 1989's Last Crusade and reprised his role in 1996's Temple of the Forbidden Eye. He even starred without Ford in an Indiana Jones Adventures production.

As filming has not started yet, we can certainly hope for a miracle. This would make the third decade that Ford and Rhyas-Davies work together in the film series.

In Disney's Jungle Book 2, he voiced Ranjan's father. John's been around forever, and has played a wide variety of roles. It's also to his credit that he voiced characters in two different Lord of the rings movies. In The Third Age he worked with Cate Blanchett, the leading lady in the new Indiana Jones film. It makes no sense at all leaving him out. Let's have some consistancy.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-16-2007 at 12:47 PM.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

I know that if he is not in the movie...die hard and casual INDY fans will be disappointed...hell...pissed even! I know I am/will be! Im overjoyed that there will be another INDY movie, but without Sallah, is like having an Indiana Jones movie without Indiana Jones. Excuse me while i go cry in a corner now.

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I too, am a Sallah fan. I'll miss him.....and I'm a little disappointed in Cate Blanchett being "the girl" in this movie. I don't consider her pretty at all.....I'm hoping there's another they have picked to be Indy's love interest. I keep hoping....and making excuses....maybe she's an unknown and that's why they haven't mentioned her. Whatever gets me throught the night

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
    I know that if he is not in the movie...die hard and casual INDY fans will be disappointed...hell...pissed even! I know I am/will be! Im overjoyed that there will be another INDY movie, but without Sallah, is like having an Indiana Jones movie without Indiana Jones. Excuse me while i go cry in a corner now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    I too, am a Sallah fan. I'll miss him.....and I'm a little disappointed in Cate Blanchett being "the girl" in this movie. I don't consider her pretty at all.....I'm hoping there's another they have picked to be Indy's love interest. I keep hoping....and making excuses....maybe she's an unknown and that's why they haven't mentioned her. Whatever gets me throught the night
    You're *sniff* excused. *wail!*

I find Cate Blanchett extremely sexy and appealing. But...if the leading role should go to Salma Hayek - WOO HOOO!!! One can dream can't they? I'd like to see Indy rescue her while she's in a cave, tied up and dangling in the air.

• Quality not quantity

It ain't true till someone post photos.

Anyone heading out to USH anytime soon?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• We're number one!

Apparently the set that can be seen from the tram tour is actually for the movie National Treasure 2. The Indiana Jones set is apparently under tight security so I doubt we'll get any pics of that one soon.

• Minion

I really hope this movie is as perfect as the first 3. I have my doubts with modern Speilberg, his movies are so serious nowadays. There is nothing wrong with making serious films like Munich and Saving Private Ryan, but he takes his entertainment films like War of the Worlds and Minority Report way too seriously. He is trying to make his films just for serious adults. Hopefully, Indy 4 will be a return to the Speilberg that kids and adults can enjoy equally. The no John Rhys-Davies stuff is crap, he was in the preshow for the ride, he has to be in this movie. My favorite Indy movie is the Temple of Doom because of the intensity and clasutrophobicness of it. Plus the mine cart scene was awesome.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyBear View Post
    Apparently the set that can be seen from the tram tour is actually for the movie National Treasure 2. The Indiana Jones set is apparently under tight security so I doubt we'll get any pics of that one soon.
    The Universal tram spiel is that the set under construction is for National Treasure 2. As this movie will be released around 6 mos. from now in December, there doesn't seem to be enough of a window of time for the set to be used in NT2.

The tour guides appear to be either misinformed, or else instructed to give inacurate information. To repeat the old adage, "you can't believe everything that you're told". Makes far more sense that the set is for Indy.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-16-2007 at 02:46 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I really hope this movie is as perfect as the first 3. I have my doubts with modern Speilberg, his movies are so serious nowadays. There is nothing wrong with making serious films like Munich and Saving Private Ryan, but he takes his entertainment films like War of the Worlds and Minority Report way too seriously. He is trying to make his films just for serious adults. Hopefully, Indy 4 will be a return to the Speilberg that kids and adults can enjoy equally. The no John Rhys-Davies stuff is crap, he was in the preshow for the ride, he has to be in this movie. My favorite Indy movie is the Temple of Doom because of the intensity and clasutrophobicness of it. Plus the mine cart scene was awesome.
    Good point. As fantastic as Spielberg is, he really needs to expand his horizons in terms of doing more of a variety of film projects.

• We're number one!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The Universal tram spiel is that the set under construction is for National Treasure 2. As this movie will be released around 6 mos. from now in December, there doesn't seem to be enough of a window of time for them to be used in NT2.

The tour guides appear to be either misinformed, or else instructed to give inacurate information. To repeat the old adage, "you can't believe everything that you're told". Makes far more sense that the set is for Indy.
    I haven't been on the tour recently, only going by what I've heard. It might of been that they've already used the set for National Treasure 2 and are just leaving it out for people to see now. They did the same thing for the War of the Worlds plane crash set, so it's possible. It just seems to me that they're probably going to want to keep a lot of Indiana Jones hush hush.

Here's a small picture of the set in question:
    http://www.joblo.com/indy-4-set-pics

• Quality not quantity

And I suppose there is an outside chance that the set is being used for both movies. <- With different set dressing of course...

Anyway you slice it, I'd still like to see some photos.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The Universal tram spiel is that the set under construction is for National Treasure 2. As this movie will be released around 6 mos. from now in December, there doesn't seem to be enough of a window of time for them to be used in NT2.

6 Months is plenty of time for them to be using that set for NT2. Still could be for that. Besides, the folks on the tram would be DYING to tell you it was for Indiana Jones if it was for Indiana Jones.

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    The no John Rhys-Davies stuff is crap, he was in the preshow for the ride, he has to be in this movie. My favorite Indy movie is the Temple of Doom because of the intensity and clasutrophobicness of it. Plus the mine cart scene was awesome.
    interestingly, John Rhys-Davies wasn't in Temple of Doom.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast