• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)

Samantha vs. Herbie (Reviews)

Well kids, I just got home from the multiplex. I saw both Bewitched and Herbie: Fully Loaded. My score:

Bewitched - a big fat zero. I so wanted to like this movie since I'm such a huge fan of the TV show. But it was truly horrible.

The story made no sense. I think it's time for Nora Ephron to retire. They kept talking about how the TV show (within the movie) wasn't working because the "Darrin" actor was making it all about him and not Samantha, yet the movie was ALL about Will Ferrell! I like Will Ferrell, but a movie called Bewitched should be about Samantha. I felt a little sorry for Nicole Kidman because she really didn't have a lot to do.

Don't even get me started on Samantha's father (Michael Caine - boring and unnesessary), Endora/Iris (Shirley Maclaine - is she a witch or not? Is it in real life or the TV show?), and Aunt Clara (not Samantha's Aunt Clara from the original TV show, even though she's disheveled, forgetful, wears a mink stole, and collects doorknobs...). The movie is just a mess. And it doesn't help that they're constantly showing the original Bewitched every time a TV is on...

The biggest laughs, however, came from Kristin Chenoweth. She's amazing.

Luckily, I had a free pass to see Bewitched. it came in the Bewitched: Season One DVD set. If I had paid money to see it, I would have been really mad.

Herbie - Nearly perfect. I was never a big fan of the original Love Bug movies, but I decided to see this on impulse. I was so glad I did! Lindsay Lohan is really good, the story is well-written, the movie has HEART! I really found myself rooting for Herbie and Lindsay. I was totally caught up in the story. And I'm so glad I saw this movie today.

Anyone else have any opinions to share?
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Rock Star Minion

I've decided not to pay to see either of them. But then, I'm not much of a moviegoer.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Best Buds

Go Herbie!!!!!
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I also saw both last night-

I whole hearted agree with your assesments MickeyJCA- Bewitched was so dissapointing because it had so much potential- such a great cast, it could have been so funny and such a great film. It so was not any of those things. I spent half the time being distracted by the fact that Will Ferril and Nicole Kidman are the most unlikely couple in the history of coupledom. She is soooooooo out of his league, it is about as plausable a match as Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes (oh wait.....)

And Kristin Chenowith is delightful (it was quite a Wicked evening as the "Rent" trailer with Idena Menzel was shown before the film)

EDIT: It is almost worth the ticket price just to see Steve Carrell channeling Paul Lynde- too bad he is only in the last 10 minutes of the film- but the resemblance is scary- I am inclined to believe that Paul Lynde really is a witch and it is really him in the movie

Herbie was just plain fun- adorable movie, very entertaining- Herbie is amazing (I want a "53" necklace). I think it is a great addition to the series and I hope it does well and is seen by the audience it deserves to have. Now if only we could have the old booby-licious, redheaded Lindsay Lohan back, all would be right with the world
    Last edited by dramaqueen; 06-25-2005 at 04:39 PM.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Best Buds

Just got back from seeing "Herbie: Fully Loaded" at the drive-in. The movie was a lot of fun. It really was a traditional Disney film -- family-friendly, but with enough going on to keep grown-up entertained. I don't think it will do well with the teenage crowd, but I think younger kids, parents and other adults will find it entertaining.
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• Minion

My Review of Bewitched the Movie

Samantha: "Doctor Bombay, Doctor Bombay... Emergency. Come right away!"

(flash)

Dr. Bombay: "Did somebody call for a witch-doctor?"

Samantha: "We--ll. What I really need is a script doctor..."

Dr. Bombay: "Case in point, my dear. Hmmm... I should say you are suffering from a lethal case of Hollywood Development Hell-it-tosis."

Samantha: "How do you cure that?"

Dr. Bombay: "Take two meetings and call me in the morning."

(laughter)

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    Herbie was just plain fun- adorable movie, very entertaining- Herbie is amazing (I want a "53" necklace). I think it is a great addition to the series and I hope it does well and is seen by the audience it deserves to have. Now if only we could have the old booby-licious, redheaded Lindsay Lohan back, all would be right with the world
    ooohh.... me too! Now that is one "tween" product I do hope we get in out Disney Stores.

I loved this film and found myself relating it quite nicely with the originals. I felt that Lindsay did a great job, her friend "Kevin" was probably the weakest part but all in all I did enjoy the film. And Herbie was adorable. I loved Lindsay's red hair, so hopefully it will come back sooner rather than later.