Disney Cruise Auditions

Anyone Going in Los Angeles? Anyone know if the costumes onboard are smaller than DL?

Re: Disney Cruise Auditions

I know there are auditions going on in New York September 10th, I won't be able to make those, but I'm hoping to get into the next round afterwards.

Does anyone know how long character contracts for the ship last? I know one friend's ex had a 9 month contract.

I was also curious if they hold both face and atmosphere auditions at the same time (in the NY office for the cruise), or should you come prepared for both?

• Banned User

Huggy Bear Alice, of whom I had videos posted here in a different thread via a YouTube link had the same nine-month contract.

The best place to check for your answers is DisneyAuditions.com. They will have all the answers for that. In addition, they hold auditions for Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disneyland and Hong Kong Disneyland as well, so if you don't mind staying abroad, you can get a job there.
    Last edited by mouseinphilly; 08-27-2007 at 01:13 PM.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I have never heard of costumes being a different size anywhere. DL, WDW, Tokyo have all the same sizes, they're not going to make a costume bigger or smaller for one person.

Mouseinphilly> yeah, I already checked there first, but they don't specify actually...although the tips are helpful.

So hers was 9 months as well....drats..urg that may be problematic...oh well, never know until I try!!

On a sidenote, I wouldn't mind working in the Tokyo park. I do know a little conversational japanese etc. If they offer housing to cast just like they do in Florida. Thankyou for your help!

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

You are not required to speak Japanese in Tokyo, in fact they discourage it. The Disney characters speak English which is why TDR wants their face characters to speak English. They house all international performers in the E-Village, a high rise apartment building not too far from the train station. Everyone has a small studio apt with a kitchen and bathroom. Did I mention small? You have to supply your own TV and such. You could be living next to a fellow face character from the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or the Jammitors. There is good security there. You can walk to the train station but people usually trade bicycles as it is easier to get around. You are given a food per diem on top of your pay and housing is factored into that.

Sorry I don't know more about the operations of the cruise. Any Tokyo face questions I can answer.