Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Lego Announces Indiana Jones License

I for one am VERY excited about this! I am so happy Lego got this license and not one of the lesser quality building block companies out there

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LEGO Group Secures Exclusive Construction Category Rights to Indiana Jones™ Property

--World’s best-selling construction toy brand to bring blockbuster movie franchise to life in LEGO® form—

NEW YORK (June 18, 2007) – LEGO Group, the world’s leading construction toy manufacturer, today announces a partnership with Lucasfilm Ltd. to produce building sets based on the Indiana Jones franchise – one of the most globally successful movie series ever made.

Three worldwide blockbuster films, and the highly anticipated May 2008 premiere of the new Indiana Jones movie, will provide inspiration for a series of highly iconic and action-packed build-and-play adventures of the rogue archaeologist and hero.

“There is such a natural synergy between Lucasfilm and LEGO enthusiasts of all ages that makes combining our stories with the LEGO play pattern an easy decision,” said Howard Roffman, President of Lucas Licensing. “We’re thrilled to have a chance to share the history and success of LEGO Star Wars with another Lucas franchise.”

Four playsets based on the classic trilogy are slated to launch in January 2008. Three sets based on iconic scenes from Raiders of the Lost Ark include: Temple Escape ($49.99 USD) which brings the legendary rolling boulder scene to life in LEGO form as Indy faces spiders and poisoned darts in his search for the Golden Idol of Fertility. With Race for the Stolen Treasure ($29.99 USD), kids build two desert vehicles and recreate Indy’s truck-hopping fight to save the treasure. Indiana Jones and the Lost Tomb ($19.99 USD) recreates the eye-popping suspense of Indy rescuing Marion from slithering snakes in an Egyptian tomb. And based on Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade action, Motorcycle Chase ($9.99 USD) depicts the scene where Indy and his father escape with the map to the hidden temple.

Four more constructible playsets based on the fourth movie will launch in May 2008, with suggested retail prices ranging from $9.99 to $79.99 USD.

“We are thrilled to be bringing yet another blockbuster Lucasfilm property to life for LEGO kids and adult enthusiasts,” said Jill Wilfert, vice president, partnership and alliance management for the LEGO Group. “The marriage of strong story, well-known characters, dynamic vehicles and action-oriented movie scenes with the classic LEGO play pattern is a proven winner, and Indiana Jones lends itself perfectly to the build-and-play world of LEGO building.”
    For more than 25 years, audiences have been enraptured by the exploits of Indiana Jones. The film trilogy – Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade – garnered 14 Academy Award nominations, won 7 Oscars, and grossed over $1,182,000,000 at the box office. The films are among the most popular movies ever made and have become a legendary part of film history.
    # # #

About the LEGO Group
    The LEGO Group (www.LEGO.com) is a privately held, family-owned company, based in Billund, Denmark. It was founded in 1932 and today the group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of play materials for children. The LEGO Group is committed to the development of children's creative and imaginative abilities through its products, which can be purchased in more than 130 countries, and its employees are guided by the motto adopted in the 1930s by founder Ole Kirk Christiansen: "Only the best is good enough."

LEGO and the LEGO logo are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2007 The LEGO Group.

© 2007 Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved.

• Shablagoo!

Re: Lego Announces Indiana Jones License

NOw that's a cool combination.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

thats cool even thought they already had a indiana jones style playset, the main charcter was johnny lighting and he was afraid of snakes, the first series of the playsets were set in egypt
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• far, far away from DL

Wow, I can't wait. Wonder if they will make a Lego video game for Indiana Jones? Like they did with Star Wars.

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl View Post
    Wow, I can't wait. Wonder if they will make a Lego video game for Indiana Jones? Like they did with Star Wars.
    Heheh - now THAT would be fun!
    She did it!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Sooooooo cool. I can't wait.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

there making a lego video game of batman
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Senior Minion

This is pretty cool. I like the idea of a video game though too if it ever happened.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

That's a cool news, but I'm actually more stoked that Hasbro scored the license for action figures!

Hasbro, making of the current Star Wars (and Star Tours) toys... who knows.. maybe an Indiana Jones Adventure vehicle will come our way?!!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Rawr...

And my time has come. I am so excited, that I may seem calm and collected to most. I do wish there were more sets of the classic trilogy though...
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Oh heck yes. Im still a big kid when it comes to legos and I love Indiana Jones. Its like Christmas in July. (eer....June)
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• One weird cookie...

I hope they do the mine car chase!

• All you need is LOVE

So cool I am happy now

TY

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Oh my heck! I just watched that trailer and I'm just giddy!! I love the lego giant rock!! Now I can't wait to see the actual legos they come out with...I wonder if Cohoteboy saw any at Comic-Con since they Lego was there...hmmm...
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast