BURBANK, June 20: Disney Channel has ordered a second season of the preschool CG-animated series My Friends Tigger & Pooh for its Playhouse Disney programming block.

My Friends Tigger & Pooh currently airs weekends at 10 a.m. Since its debut on the Disney Channel on May 12, My Friends Tigger & Pooh has ranked as the number-one series on all of television among kids aged 2-5, garnering a 5.2 rating. Internationally, the series has already debuted with strong ratings in Germany, Italy and the U.K. It will launch across the Middle East, Latin America, Australia and parts of Asia in July, and then in India, Portugal, Spain and Taiwan in August, eventually reaching over 175 million homes worldwide.

My Friends Tigger & Pooh is based on author A.A Milne’s classic characters Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore, among others. Each episode of My Friends Tigger & Pooh revolves around the solving of a mystery in the Hundred Acre Wood, and features an interactive curriculum to encourage the youngest viewer to apply "reflective" thinking skills. The series is a production of Walt Disney Television Animation. Brian Hohlfeld (Pooh's Heffalump Movie, Piglet's Big Movie and A Very Merry Pooh Year) is the executive producer and story editor.

"From day one My Friends Tigger & Pooh resonated with our audience and we were able to introduce a new generation of preschoolers to these lovable characters, getting them to 'think, think, think' together," said Nancy Kanter, the senior VP of original programming at the Disney Channel. "We hope to continue to create fun-filled storylines that help encourage young minds to think, share and learn the importance of teamwork, community and friendship."

Source: http://www.worldscreen.com/newscurre...gger062007.htm