• I was deleted.

Fort Wilderness Segway Tour Begins Tests

Walt Disney World's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground is now testing their new Wilderness Back Trail Adventure Segway Tour. The test duration begins today (June 22nd) and continues through August 11th, 2007 on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. This tour is approximately two hours long and is for guests 16+ (under 18 must be accompanied by legal guardian.)

As a beginners tour, guests are first taught and trained on how to use a Segway X2 Personal Transporter before going onto the trail. Cameras and video cameras are permitted on the tour.

This experience costs $65 for each guest. Guests must book in advance as same-day telephoned bookings are not accepted. Book your tour experience now by calling: 407-WDW-TOUR.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Fort Wilderness Segway Tour Begins Tests

Great news. Sounds like fun.
    -Bill

• Huh?

Ah... nothing says "roughing it" like a hike through the woods on your Segway..
    -Tim

Awesome!! In the winter months and early Spring, Fort Wilderness becomes practically a second home for us. We spend a lot of long weekends there with our RV, sometimes without ever leaving to go the parks. I also loved the Segway tour at Epcot that I took several years ago when it was just getting started. Hopefully the trial goes over well and I'll have something extra fun to do on my next visit.

• I was deleted.

I can't wait to hear guest reviews of this tour as it does sound like it would be a lot of fun! If you get the chance to participate in it CTXRover, please let us know how it goes!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

If it were offered when I was there, I would so totally take this tour!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Too bad this is only in Florida. It sounds like fun!!! I did get to ride a Segway once. It was weird but interesting. Easy to get the hang of it.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Something just seems wrong about going through the wilderness on a Segway. And Monsters Inc doesn't belong in Tomorrowland????

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Too bad this is only in Florida. It sounds like fun!!! I did get to ride a Segway once. It was weird but interesting. Easy to get the hang of it.
    I believe there is now a segway tour at DCA.

Anyone book Cruzin' Disney's California Adventure Park Tour? (Segway!)

I need to hook that up. Hopefully soon. I just don't quite know what to do with my dog for me being away from home that long.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I just wanted to say this is a WONDERFUL tour. I wasn't really wanting to do a Segway tour (but I had a poll on my own personal website, and that was the tour nearly everyone was interested in). When the FW tour came up, that is the one I chose to take.

It is - a lot of fun. I love Fort Wilderness anyway, but the tour guides were wonderful. The XT is a great Segway model, large tires and more sturdy (to me). I liked doing more off-roading, not just on pavement - and since it's almost July, the shady spots helped a lot! The tour guides kindly let me walk through their next class with my camera (as much as I could), which was good - I was able to get more action photos, since I couldn't get anything while actually moving myself! I spliced together like 55 photos from both classes (I even got a thumbs-up review from one of my instructors!). I really want this class to succeed, so I can take it again in the future! So book it, take it, enjoy it!

Denise