Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• My cuties!

Final Harry Potter book question....

So do you plan on reading it fast or slow?? I whipped through 5, tried to take my time with 6 but I think I'll be back to reading fast for 7 because I'm so anxious to see how it ends.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Re: Final Harry Potter book question....

I'll want to let it all soak in, so I'll take my time.

I'm a fast reader anyway, but I'm not going to go faster than normal.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Directly directed

I'll read it that night, give it a couple of days and read it again, much slower.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'll read it at my usual pace. I have 3 other non-HP books to read before I get to it though.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

It really depends on how the story plays out. If it starts fast and moves fast, then I'll read fast. If it's detailed and intricate, I'll take my time.

Oh, who am I trying to kid. I'll stay up and anxiously read page after page as quickly as possible. And then, I'll read it again, much more slowly, to soak it all in!

I'm with MTN, I'm gonna probably be whipping through it to get through it all, and then read it again to catch all the details.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Good question twinmom. I have been thinking about how I am going to read #7. At first I thought I would read it fast so I got it done with and if any spoilers got out, it wouldn't effect me. But now I am thinking of just taking my time and enjoying the bittersweetness of it. If I hear any spoilers, I just won't believe them until I read it for myself.

Isn't it great that a book is drawing all this excitment?

• Shablagoo!

I'll read at my normal pace. I'm pretty fast though.

•   

It's funny when I think of how much I've gone through since I started reading the Harry Potter series. I've gotten married, had 2 kids, and just all the normal stuff of being a husband, parent and home owner! Time isn't as available as it used to be. I used to be able to read it however I wanted but now I'm probably going to have to be staying up late to read it. I'll probably have to read it fast after my daughters fall asleep and then I'll re-read it slowly.
    New release of Harry Potter = valued time on the toilet.

• Man O Lantern

I'm a fast reader, but I'll be honest--I'll be flipping back and forth all over the book the night I get it...the closer it gets to being here, the more anxious I am. I've re-read 5 and 6 twice recently and I'm so ready. I'll read quickly, then re-read. We've decided to buy three copies for me, my 12 year old and my 9 year old. Oy. Can't decided who gets it first, so we decided to just buy our own.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I will probably read it as much as I can, depending on how the story is going. If it's fast paced, it will make long marathon reading easier. If it drags (coughOotPcoughcough), then faster reading may not be possible for me. I'll re-read it after I let it kind of soak in, unless it ends up with an ending that just sort of kills my interest.

• Resident Duck

I spent a full, exhausting 24 hours reading the last one. Seriously, if book-reading, and all the anxiety-ridden, teeth-clenching, book-throwing, it caused, could be considered an exercise, there would be no need for gyms...but, I'm getting sidetracked her. I think, for this next book, I'll do what I always do: whip through the book at break-neck speed until I reach a "WHAT?!!!" moment, then put the book down, and get up to make a meal in an attempt to digest what I've read. About five minutes into my meal-making, I'll say "screw it!" and run back and finish the book. I simply cannot prolong the pleasure that closure will bring...I just want to know which two main characters die!

• She was sweet as a peach

I usually read the book pretty fast over the course of a couple of days. They when the next book comes out I read the previous book again (find things I missed the first time, realize I like more than I thought...).

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    We've decided to buy three copies for me, my 12 year old and my 9 year old. Oy. Can't decided who gets it first, so we decided to just buy our own.
    That's what we do. I buy two books, one for me and one for my husband. When we are finished, we donate one to the library. The look of gratitude from the librarians is priceless.

We have been catching up on the series by watching the movies. After the fifth movie, I will speed read the sixth book to get ready for the last book. All things Potter, all the time.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I'm planning to read it through in one day, then go back for the details later, and will most likely read through the series again before summer is out.

However, if Harry dies, all bets are off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast