• Banned User

Beatles - Larry King Live - Tues. June 26 Paul, Ringo, Yoko Ono....

Hey gang...for those of you interested in the Beatles, there will be a special Larry King Live tomorrow night which will have Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, George Harrison's wife (I cannot remember her name) and Yoko Ono. Should be wonderful!!!

• my two sunshines

Re: Beatles - Larry King Live - Tues. June 26 Paul, Ringo, Yoko Ono....

thank you so much for reminding me!!! George Harrisons wife is Olivia - I'm one of the original screaming mimi's for the Beatles - I was only 6 but hey I knew those LP's inside and out!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Hey gang...for those of you interested in the Beatles, there will be a special Larry King Live tomorrow night which will have Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, George Harrison's wife (I cannot remember her name) and Yoko Ono. Should be wonderful!!!

• Do You know?

Thank you so much for letting me know. That sounds like it will be really intresting. This will be put on the Tivo. The only bad thing is that they will be telling the audience all the time that Paris will be on Wednesday (I am so sad that I know that).

• Circle of Ancients

Cool

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Trac View Post
    thank you so much for reminding me!!! George Harrisons wife is Olivia - I'm one of the original screaming mimi's for the Beatles - I was only 6 but hey I knew those LP's inside and out!!!!!
    Me too!!! Since I was a child born in 1961, I heard the Beatles playing all of my childhood....or until they broke up in 1970. Since then, I've listened to them my whole life!

• Do You know?

I am loving this interview. ::

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

This has been one of Larry's better shows of late. I used to be a big fan of his, but lately he's been such a soft-toss questioner in his interviews, he seems best suited for this kind of thing.

Wish I had the money to get away to Vegas to see the show. Born in 1956, with Brian and the Beach Boys as cousins, we were fearful when the Beatles came over...for a time in 1964, the Beatles had eight songs in the top ten or something like that.

But as it turned out, both groups have a rightful place in rock and roll history. And the Beatles, of course, have no peer.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

I loved this show!! I like how it was a nice balance between the LOVE show and the Beatles history. And, it almost made me cry several times...with the memories of George and John. Having Yoko and Olivia there was really sweet. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Thanks for the heads up, Barry! I'd had it marked on my calendar for a week! ha! Cool that you are related to the Beach Boys.

Larry King is the worst interviewer I've ever seen or heard. What horrible transitions! The banter and jokes between Paul and Ringo was quite cute, like old times. I really enjoyed seeing those two together again The photo montages were quite nice too

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by brigeet View Post
    Larry King is the worst interviewer I've ever seen or heard. What horrible transitions! The banter and jokes between Paul and Ringo was quite cute, like old times. I really enjoyed seeing those two together again The photo montages were quite nice too
    I also enjoyed the cute back and forth with Paul and Ringo. Too bad John and George couldn't have been there.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I'm really sorry I missed this . If anybody hears if they are going to replay it again (maybe sometime this weekend), could you let us know.

Thanks!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by brigeet View Post
    Larry King is the worst interviewer I've ever seen or heard.
    I was thinking the same thing when I was watching it. It could be Larry was nervous or just plain dumb. I don't know.

I watched it half way through and I need to see the rest today.

I luv it when Paul and Ringo talk about the good ol times. And you are right I Heart Disneyland, I wish that George and John were there with them, and they are in spirit.

I'm planning a trip to Vegas in October. Looks like I need to see "Love", if its still there.

you can watch clips of the show on my blog:

http://krupsjustsayin.blogspot.com/2...wwwk-ward.html

thank me later...

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    I was thinking the same thing when I was watching it. It could be Larry was nervous or just plain dumb. I don't know.

I watched it half way through and I need to see the rest today.

I luv it when Paul and Ringo talk about the good ol times. And you are right I Heart Disneyland, I wish that George and John were there with them, and they are in spirit.

I'm planning a trip to Vegas in October. Looks like I need to see "Love", if its still there.

Love should still be there. My parents went last night. I went last summer. It was wonderful. I can only say good things about it!