Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Studio 60

Studio 60

Did any watch this show? The show ended last night. It was a good show that no one watched.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Re: Studio 60

I loved this show. But once they announced that it was cancelled, I didn't watch the final episodes.

It is irritating that good writing and acting are overshadowed by ubiquitous reality shows. America's Got Talent? Desperate, Trampy Women Looking for a Husband (aka The Bachelor)? Pul-eze!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

We watched the whole series. At first when they announced that it was going to be cancelled we were upset especially since they had finally gotten rid of Christine Lahti being on it. But those last 3 episodes were a little draining to watch.

• Minion

When they first started the show, it seemed like it could have been a backstage peek at how comedy shows get written, and all the drama that goes along with the producing of a comedy show like SNL... then... it tried to be just as politically relevant and as "serious" as West Wing, in a way that said, look, this life is really important too... it was frustrating, because instead of a show that could have snuck pressing matters INTO the premise...it tried to focus on pressing issues and lost what heart it could have had...the creative process. I loved the acting, I loved the dialogue, and I loved the casting, but it overwhelmed itself and came off really preachy. You could almost allow for a fair amount of preachieness on West Wing, because, hello, these people ARE dealing with world matters, but it felt like they didn't feel justified in sticking with the creative process, which could have been even more engrossing.

I'll miss the show it could have been.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I think you are right Pirate Lover. I could've been an interesting backstage peek. That is what I was interested in. Some of the story arcs did get rather bogged down and I found myself spacing out at times.

• World Traveler

I watched it and missed the final episode. I hope they have it on nbc.com

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I watched the show and was bummed that they were canceling it. Although I was pretty irritated that they butchered the show up around December adding romance to the show. But I haven't seen the last 5 episodes though but I have them in my TiVO.

• Minion

I watched it, still have to watch the finale saved on my DVR. Good show too bad it's gone. I enjoyed the last 3-4 episodes.

• Banned User

I loved the show but it was in a bad time slot. monday nights at 10 pm is rough.

• Minion

I watched it at first. I loved that Amanda Peet's character was a strong woman. Then they turned her into a sniveling wimp. Between that and the annoying born-again woman, I stopped watching (along with most of the country).

Quote Originally Posted by mousercise View Post
    I watched it, still have to watch the finale saved on my DVR. Good show too bad it's gone. I enjoyed the last 3-4 episodes.
    I managed to watch 1.5 episodes late last night. I'm on K&R - part 1. All I gotta say is that there is a lot of stuff going on so far in the episodes I watched.

• Space Mountain Expert

Easily the best show on TV. It's such a shame that the general populace never caught the greatness.
    Most Americans just aren't bright enough for this type of writing.... instead chosing to watch Law and Order for the hundreth time
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

Quote Originally Posted by disneyking View Post
    Easily the best show on TV. It's such a shame that the general populace never caught the greatness.
    Most Americans just aren't bright enough for this type of writing.... instead chosing to watch Law and Order for the hundreth time
    LOL, which Law & Order? Aren't there about like 3 different ones?

•   
    • So fetch

I watched the finale last night. I'm sad the show is gone. It was a good show.

I know it's pretty impossible but I wonder if people sent letters to bring the show back, even on a different station? It worked for that Jericho show on CBS didn't it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast