• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'POTC: At World's End' steals $904.7 million worldwide

The third "Pirates of the Caribbean" became only the seventh pic to cross the $600 million mark in international grosses and trails the final "Pirates 2" foreign cume by only $33 million after six weeks;
    BVI's "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" followed with $14.1 million at 8,779, led by Japan with $3.9 million and France and the U.K. with $1.4 million each -- all with impressive holds, falling less than 28%. It's now sixth highest in foreign grosses at $608.9 million and ninth in worldwide at $904.7 million.

BVI also saw decent numbers from its limited day and date opening of "Ratatouille" with $4.7 million at 520 in half a dozen markets, mostly from Russia with $3.3 million. The Pixar pic moves into Brazil and Mexico next frame and will launch gradually over the rest of the summer and early fall as the distrib tries to take advantage of strong reviews.
    Read the full article at:http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1
    Last edited by ALIASd; 07-01-2007 at 07:42 PM.

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Re: 'POTC: At World's End' steals $904.7 million worldwide

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Its funny but I finally went to see POTC AWE, today here at Lake Tahoe. My wife did not want to go, so I went alone. It was the 11:00 A.M. showing and when I went into the theater I was the only one there. I had the whole place to myself, my own private screening.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

We went to see At World's End for the 3rd time in the theater Sunday June 24 in Lodi, CA. The theater was at least 3/4 full. Can't wait for the DVD.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

• far, far away from DL

Dvd sales should be pretty good. Wonder how much money they will make from dvd sales?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Franchises pay off overseas

Int'l box office hits $4.65 billion

By Dave McNary
    Variety
    July 3, 2007

At the halfway point of the year, foreign box office for Hollywood's six majors has hit $4.65 billion -- up 13% over the same period last year and 24% from the first six months of 2005.

Nearly one-third of that total has come from the third iterations of Sony's "Spider-Man," BVI's "Pirates of the Caribbean" and Par's "Shrek the Third," which have combined for $1.5 billion outside the U.S..

It's too early to tell how "Shrek" will compare to its predecessors overseas, but "Pirates" is on track to match the No. 2 outing, while "Spider-Man 3" easily outperformed the franchise's earlier editions.
    "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" should be able to match the second film in the series, "Dead Man's Chest," which wound up with $642 million overseas. The third "Pirates" pic is only $32 million away.

Should the next six months deliver the same kind of performance, 2007 is likely to wind up in the $9 billion-$10 billion range.

Early favorites in the 2007 holiday season include Warner's "I Am Legend," Disney's "National Treasure: Book of Secrets" and "Enchanted," New Line's "The Golden Compass," U's "American Gangster," Paramount's "Bee Movie" and "Beowulf" and Fox's "Alien vs. Predator 2."
    Full article at:
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1