Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Up is Down

Re: Harry Potter, Ron, Hermione and Draco Survive 5th Film / 7th Book - Publishing Re

the actors in the movies have been signed for all of the movies this happened a few months ago!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Up is Down

Re: Harry Potter, Ron, Hermione and Draco Survive 5th Film / 7th Book - Publishing Re

Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    Well let's try to remain positive. Maybe he'll correct his errors and do a better job in the last three films. We'll find out if there's a change in his acting on the 13th.

the 11th you mean
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Well let's try to remain positive. Maybe he'll correct his errors and do a better job in the last three films. We'll find out if there's a change in his acting on the 13th.

the 11th babe
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• Iron-Clad Allie

Harris portrayed the Dumbledore way better... softspoken, kind, constantly deep in though, funny, sweet man.

The new Dumbledore is channeling too much of Snapes energy. I wouldn't be shocked to hear he hasn't read the books.
    From what I have read, I would venture to say that Snapes role and presence in the Order of the Pheonix and he Half-Blood Prince. So, iany channeling of energy from him on Gambon's part should be seriously curtailed. Lots of actors make the mistake of not reading the book that a given film is based on, or previous related films and any existing tv series'.

Very well, then. Good point. I'm sending positive vibes to the director and the new Dumbledore for a much more true to form portrayal in the remaining Potter films.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   

I'd like to see a director slap Gambon around a little bit to get him to play an honest role of Dumbledore. He's nothing like the books! Harris was a freakin perfect Dumbledore. He was exactly what I pictured when I read the books until the 1st movie came out and then BANG, he's exactly like what I had in my mind.

I do think that one of the best portrayals of a character is Voldermort. I like him in the movies. The way he holds his wand, his movement, his confidence. Pretty good I think.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

I think they'll survive...how else would they sell tickets to the movies for HP 6 and 7 if people know the dude is a goner?!?!?

money people...MONEY
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    I'd like to e a director slseap Gambon around a little bit to get him to play an honest role of Dumbledore. He's nothing like the books! Harris was a freakin perfect Dumbledore. He was exactly what I pictured when I read the books until the 1st movie came out and then BANG, he's exactly like what I had in my mind.

I do think that one of the best portrayals of a character is Voldermort. I like him in the movies. The way he holds his wand, his movement, his confidence. Pretty good I think.
    Slap! Slap!

http://www.deadtime.net/malice/index2.htm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373889/

Yes. Ralph Fiennes is a highly believable actor. Can't wait to see him in the Order of the Phoenix. i know that I will become so immersed in the battle that Voldermort will end up scaring the bejezzus out of me.

Interestingly enough, their is a fan club of sorts that actually celebrates the villains. It's called Malice: the Villains of Harry Potter Fanlisting. Check out the top link, above. You have to join it, though, if you want to participate.

http://blogs.timesunion.com/harrypotter/?p=85

A new actor is rumored to assume the role of Voldermort in the sixth film, The Half-Blood Prince - Icelandic actor Jon Pall Eyjolfsson. See the link.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by goofygoof View Post
    I think they'll survive...how else would they sell tickets to the movies for HP 6 and 7 if people know the dude is a goner?!?!?

money people...MONEY
    There it is. You tell 'em goofyfoof!

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    A new actor is rumored to assume the role of Voldermort in the sixth film, The Half-Blood Prince - Icelandic actor Jon Pall Eyjolfsson. See the link.
    If they do cast this dude he'd play the younger Voldermort. I hope they don't though, I'm not too sure about that dude.......
    Of course they can change people so much in a movie.

• Circle of Ancients

I don't think that Michael Gambon is a terrible Dumbledore at all. I mean, Ride Warrior didn't even know it was a different person.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I don't think that Michael Gambon is a terrible Dumbledore at all. I mean, Ride Warrior didn't even know it was a different person.
    As lame as it sounds, I made up my mind in retrospect. Who cut the cheese in your avatar, clinksalot?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    LOL Ouch!!
    It has been a long time since movie 1 came out.
    I agree: he's not that good
    Of course, I don't think Emma, Rupert or really Daniel are that great of actors either.
    (runs and hides)
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I can see Michael Gambon pulling a Yoda ala Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones in his duel with Voldemort. That's right, I said it.

And I hear that the portrayal of Dumbledore in the 6th movie will be entirely through song and dance with tapdancing throughout the movie's adaptation of The Lightning-Struck Tower chapter.

In all seriousness, I agree that Gambon is pretty bad, but at the same time, it seems like the problem also lies with the director and the writer. Sure, the actor has to get the nuances, but Gambon's performance is lacking in the character overall, which was quite apparent by GoF. The scene where he like...manhandles Harry sticks out in my mind.

At the same time, while I enjoy the portrayal of Snape, I'm afraid GoF sort of ruined it for him. Alan Rickman is amazing and totally fits, but I'm concerned that it's going to be hard to take the 5th movie seriously after he was relegated to just a teensy bit above a comedic relief in GoF. We'll see.

• My cuties!

I agree that Alan Rickman is amazing as Snape; I can't picture any other actor in that role.

• Clearing my Calendar

I wouldn't be shocked to hear he hasn't read the books.
    I read an interview somewhere where he stated he actually hasn't. http://www.hpana.com/news.19095.html

Empire: Have you still not read any of the books?
    Gambon: Well, I don’t see any point. I’ve got the scripts. People who have read the books get miserable because of all the bits that have been cut out. So I just read the script. That's the best way.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    LOL Ouch!!
    It has been a long time since movie 1 came out.
    I agree: he's not that good
    Of course, I don't think Emma, Rupert or really Daniel are that great of actors either.
    (runs and hides)
    I suppose I'm one of the few who like Gambon's portrayal of Dumbledore. Don't get me wrong, I liked Richard Harris as well and would have preferred, if he had lived, for him to continue the series. Alas, we have a new Dumbledore.

Bryan and I have gone on each side of the fence as to this debate. There are many pros and cons (to us so this is highly subjective) to each actor.

Pro Richard Harris: He's the original and had a lot of the grandfathery aspects of Dumbledore.
    Pro Michael Gambon: He gets a lot of those little crazy little nuances of Dumbledore down pat! I can't watch Azkaban without cracking up at the Time Sequence scene when he is in the hut with Hagrid and the Minister. His one liners "Well, I have a long name" and "I could do with a nice cup of tea...or, a large brandy." - to which Hagrid happily replies, "There's no small cups here, Professor!"

Con Harris: He just kind of...stands there. It's almost like he's a prop with a movable head. You only see him actually move from point A to point B a few times. I could not see him, if he continued, being able to pull off the sequence between Dumbledore and Voldemort in OotP or the cave sequence with the ring horcrux in HBP at all let alone well.
    Con Gambon: He doesn't seem to understand how endearing his character is to so many people. I think he takes the role a bit for granted and doesn't bother to read (metaphorically) deeper than the script put in front of him.

As to the whole "man handling" debate in which Dumbledore supposedly pushed Harry around in GoF: I don't see where he's rough with Harry. I get the impression he's showing genuine concern. I'd like to see anyone else rush down those stairs (in order to get to Harry, say, before Snape or the giantess?), rush to Harry and be able to stop the sheer velocity without an excess of his energy pushing Harry a little farther back than he would have intended. I would be grabbing Harry's shoulders to, and demanding that he not take this moment to be his usual self (where, let's face it, Harry doesn't like to bring any attention to himself and would rather brood over why someone would do this rather than come right out and fight it, too)while insisting he speak up as to how he bloody well did NOT put his name in the Goblet.

I think Daniel has come a long way as an actor, and I think Rupert deserves more lines than just "Bloody hell" but, I think Emma needs to tone down her moodiness. She's got the "pout" face down pat, so I'd like to see her branch out into a little more emotions.

There.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast