Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Harry Potter, Ron, Hermione and Draco Survive 5th Film / 7th Book - Publishing Re

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    LOL Ouch!!
    It has been a long time since movie 1 came out.
    I agree: he's not that good
    Of course, I don't think Emma, Rupert or really Daniel are that great of actors either.
    (runs and hides)
    I think Daniel plays his role perfectly with a full range of emotions. Emma is a good enough actress - except for her inability to emote humor - and aside from the fact that backstage she is a whiny and demanding little bi.. um, diva.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
    I can see Michael Gambon pulling a Yoda ala Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones in his duel with Voldemort. That's right, I said it.

I'd love to see stiff geazer Michael spring into action and open up a can of whoop azz on a shocked Voldemont!

On the other hand, perhaps Yoda could make a cameo. First, he would give Voldemort a fatal dose of the Force. Then, he would train Harry to become the first jedi wizard.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-03-2007 at 10:29 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Re: Harry Potter, Ron, Hermione and Draco Survive 5th Film / 7th Book - Publishing Re

When I read (and re-read) the books, I always picture the first guy who played Dumbly. Not the new actor.. He doesn't have that cool, calmness to him that first actor did.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
    I agree that Alan Rickman is amazing as Snape; I can't picture any other actor in that role.
    Ruckman/Snipe is just aresome all the way around!

Quote Originally Posted by TraceCub View Post
    I read an interview somewhere where he stated he actually hasn't. http://www.hpana.com/news.19095.html

I suppose I'm one of the few who like Gambon's portrayal of Dumbledore. Don't get me wrong, I liked Richard Harris as well and would have preferred, if he had lived, for him to continue the series. Alas, we have a new Dumbledore.

Bryan and I have gone on each side of the fence as to this debate. There are many pros and cons (to us so this is highly subjective) to each actor.

Pro Richard Harris: He's the original and had a lot of the grandfathery aspects of Dumbledore.
    Pro Michael Gambon: He gets a lot of those little crazy little nuances of Dumbledore down pat! I can't watch Azkaban without cracking up at the Time Sequence scene when he is in the hut with Hagrid and the Minister. His one liners "Well, I have a long name" and "I could do with a nice cup of tea...or, a large brandy." - to which Hagrid happily replies, "There's no small cups here, Professor!"

Con Harris: He just kind of...stands there. It's almost like he's a prop with a movable head. You only see him actually move from point A to point B a few times. I could not see him, if he continued, being able to pull off the sequence between Dumbledore and Voldemort in OotP or the cave sequence with the ring horcrux in HBP at all let alone well.
    Con Gambon: He doesn't seem to understand how endearing his character is to so many people. I think he takes the role a bit for granted and doesn't bother to read (metaphorically) deeper than the script put in front of him.

As to the whole "man handling" debate in which Dumbledore supposedly pushed Harry around in GoF: I don't see where he's rough with Harry. I get the impression he's showing genuine concern. I'd like to see anyone else rush down those stairs (in order to get to Harry, say, before Snape or the giantess?), rush to Harry and be able to stop the sheer velocity without an excess of his energy pushing Harry a little farther back than he would have intended. I would be grabbing Harry's shoulders to, and demanding that he not take this moment to be his usual self (where, let's face it, Harry doesn't like to bring any attention to himself and would rather brood over why someone would do this rather than come right out and fight it, too)while insisting he speak up as to how he bloody well did NOT put his name in the Goblet.

I think Daniel has come a long way as an actor, and I think Rupert deserves more lines than just "Bloody hell" but, I think Emma needs to tone down her moodiness. She's got the "pout" face down pat, so I'd like to see her branch out into a little more emotions.

There.
    "His (Gambon) one liners "Well, I have a long name" and "I could do with a nice cup of tea...or, a large brandy." - to which Hagrid happily replies, "There's no small cups here, Professor!"

This exchange was pretty funny! Hopefully, Gambon will prove to be more endearing to audiences in the last three movies.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet View Post
    When I read (and re-read) the books, I always picture the first guy who played Dumbly. Not the new actor.. He doesn't have that cool, calmness to him that first actor did.
    Love your affectionate name for the first Dumbledore. "Dumbly" is "cute as than the dickens". Michael - if you can hear us m- is it too much to ask for a more cool, calm, and endearing portrayal?

• Original Mice-Chatter

Maybe I am missing the point of this thread. If anyone has read the 5th book you know who "survives" it- and no one knows about 7.

• Clearing my Calendar

I think if you read the full title it's meant to be taken as: the same actors who portray Ron, Harry, and Hermione "survive" the fifth film and have offticially signed on for the 6th one.

And the 7th book hit a publishing record?

"But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Original Mice-Chatter

I think if you read the full title it's meant to be taken as: the same actors who portray Ron, Harry, and Hermione "survive" the fifth film and have offticially signed on for the 6th one.

And the 7th book hit a publishing record?

According to IMDB all three are attached all the way through to the 7th movie.

I guess I was unaware this was news to anyone.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    Maybe I am missing the point of this thread. If anyone has read the 5th book you know who "survives" it- and no one knows about 7.
    In spite of the fifth book, Rowling's had previously said that a key figure in the film series would die. Movies are not always consistant with novels that they are based on. The movie sites that list the cast of the Order of the Phoenix clearly prove that none of the principle figures that I have listed will be knocked off. The movie sites also verify that the screenplay will remain consistant with the storyline of the book - leastwise as it relates to the characters in my list.

Actually not. Although, this is another important point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    According to IMDB all three are attached all the way through to the 7th movie.

I guess I was unaware this was news to anyone.
    And yet another interesting revelation.

• Original Mice-Chatter

huh???

While the movies have differed from the books in small ways- the Potter movies have always stayed true as best they can. Certainly no major changes have been made- such as someone dies in the book but not the movie.

Besides that-except for book 7 here in a few weeks- we already know who lives and dies in each book and movie.

I am just baffled......but ok.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I'm with Neph here. I just don't understand why they would actually go about killing someone in the movie that doesn't die in the book. That has weird continuity written all over it.

• Circle of Ancients

When JK was referring to somebody dying she was referring to BOOK 7 ... but of course if say ... Ron died in book 7, it would happen in MOVIE 7, so of course he would still be in the movie.

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    Maybe. I'm still not convinced that Dumbledore is even alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    the actors in the movies have been signed for all of the movies this happened a few months ago!
    Was Dawn French also signed for the 7th movie? How about John Cleese?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    When JK was referring to somebody dying she was referring to BOOK 7 ... but of course if say ... Ron died in book 7, it would happen in MOVIE 7, so of course he would still be in the movie.

whoo- there's that blinding grasp on the obvious

• I love loop jokes.

I read an interview somewhere where he stated he actually hasn't. http://www.hpana.com/news.19095.html
    How can he not read the books!? What ever happened to an actor preparing for his role?

Like MissViolet, I picture Harris as Dumbledore while reading the books.

• Clearing my Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    How can he not read the books!? What ever happened to an actor preparing for his role?

Like MissViolet, I picture Harris as Dumbledore while reading the books.
    For the record, it doesn't look like Harris did either.

So have you read the books?
    I haven't, even today I haven't read them. Not because they're not grand, I know they're great. I love the script, but I don't read fiction, it's as simple as that. There's more fiction in my life than in books, so I don't bother with them.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/2001/11/0...nterview.shtml
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast