Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• I love loop jokes.

Re: Harry Potter, Ron, Hermione and Draco Survive 5th Film / 7th Book - Publishing Re

Quote Originally Posted by TraceCub View Post
    For the record, it doesn't look like Harris did either.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/2001/11/0...nterview.shtml
    Yet he did such an excellent job in portraying Dumbledore. He was EXACTLY as I had imagined Dumbledore would be.

• Clearing my Calendar

Re: Harry Potter, Ron, Hermione and Draco Survive 5th Film / 7th Book - Publishing Re

I think part of the reason why I can accept Gambon more readily then (what it seems like) a grand majority of the fans is, I didn't read the books until after I saw the Chamber of Secrets movie.

I didn't have a preconceived notion of what Dumbledore was supposed to be like, so I can accept the changes. I think he's wonderful as Dumbledore, but I don't fault anyone else for thinking differently.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

•   

Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    Yet he did such an excellent job in portraying Dumbledore. He was EXACTLY as I had imagined Dumbledore would be.
    He sure did!
    I'm surprised to hear he didn't read the books. He either really understood the character or Chris Columbus did an amazing job directing him.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by TraceCub View Post
    I think part of the reason why I can accept Gambon more readily then (what it seems like) a grand majority of the fans is, I didn't read the books until after I saw the Chamber of Secrets movie.

I didn't have a preconceived notion of what Dumbledore was supposed to be like, so I can accept the changes. I think he's wonderful as Dumbledore, but I don't fault anyone else for thinking differently.
    That totally makes sense. I can see what you mean.

As for me, I read the books before the movie came out and it's just weird how Harris fit Dumbledore almost exactly to what I pictured when I read.

• Original Mice-Chatter

shh, don't say that. People like to slam Columbus (just like they slam Michael Bay)- and then they claim the director for PoA was the BEST ever!

(and I thought it was the "worst" if that term can apply to those movies)

• Clearing my Calendar

I loved PoA. It doesn't follow the book like the first two, and it took me a LONG time to get over that. PoA is my favorite book in the series (with a close 2nd to HBP). So I was really scandalized, probably as scandalized as some people by Gambon's performance, to the turn out of the movie.

But now, it's definitely my favorite in the series so far. It's very artistic and when you give it its own pedestal to stand on (instead of comparing to the book) as a movie, it's really pretty darn good.

All the movies have their moments for me though. I watched GoF last night (gotta prep up, ya know!) and from the moment Harry and Cedric enter the graveyard to the end of the movie it's just... really good cinema.

And, I don't think there's any disputing Fiennes, is there?
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• I love loop jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    He sure did!
    I'm surprised to hear he didn't read the books. He either really understood the character or Chris Columbus did an amazing job directing him.
    From all the interviews I've watched of the different directors, Chris Columbus seems the most passionate about the books. So maybe we can give credit to Harris' great performance to Chris. However, I'm so glad he's not directing the Harry Potter movies anymore.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    shh, don't say that. People like to slam Columbus (just like they slam Michael Bay)- and then they claim the director for PoA was the BEST ever!

(and I thought it was the "worst" if that term can apply to those movies)

Funny how that works huh?
    I like em all. They're all different but I like them all.

•   

From all the interviews I've watched of the different directors, Chris Columbus seems the most passionate about the books. So maybe we can give credit to Harris' great performance to Chris. However, I'm so glad he's not directing the Harry Potter movies anymore.
    Yeah, that's what I've heard too. He is very passionate about them. I think he did a good job by getting people who didn't read the books to understand the movies.
    Doesn't he still have his hand in every movie though? Not directing but he's still involved isn't he?

• I love loop jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    Yeah, that's what I've heard too. He is very passionate about them. I think he did a good job by getting people who didn't read the books to understand the movies.
    Doesn't he still have his hand in every movie though? Not directing but he's still involved isn't he?
    I believe he directed the first two and produced the third. I haven't heard anything about his involvement in the 4th and 5th movies.

•   

I believe he directed the first two and produced the third. I haven't heard anything about his involvement in the 4th and 5th movies.
    Darn, too bad.
    Thanks!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Chris Columbus

Lists his involvement in the first 3 movies-

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    When JK was referring to somebody dying she was referring to BOOK 7 ... but of course if say ... Ron died in book 7, it would happen in MOVIE 7, so of course he would still be in the movie.
    Well, I certainly do not want to see any of the protaganists/good guys die - not even in the final book or movie version of Deathly Hollows. I even have a certain afinity for Draco. Not only do I hope he survives the entire series - I hope that he sees the the light and ultimately redeems himself. He'll probably remain evil to the end, though.

The only consolation should one or more of our favorite/beloved characters bite the dust in Book 7/Movie 7 is that we know that it's the final adventure, and nobody is coming back anyway.

http://www.hecklerspray.com/harry-po...r/20051482.php

Interestingly enough, in 2005, Harry Potter apparently said that he wishes Harry Potter to die.

"I would like Harry to die at the end of the seventh book. I think it would be a very good ending if he had to die in order for evil Voldermort to die. I wouldn't want it to be sentimental. I don't like sentimental ends to books on films. I think that would undermine the darkness the rest of the books have." Daniel Radcliffe quote from hecklerspray.com

Their are many dark elements contained in each of the books/films. Although, I think that manny would take acception to Daniel's moot overall view that the series is dark. The stories have been just as much if not more about magical whimsy, friendship, humor, and the timeless element of good conquoring evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    Was Dawn French also signed for the 7th movie? How about John Cleese?
    Jo Rowling's and the film profucer are remaining tight lipped about practically everything yo do with the final film. The book release of Deathly Hollows on July 21st will soon reveal to us which characters are in the last story and which are not.

If the personalities that Dawn French and John Cleese have portrayed in the past are included, then we can reasonably expect these awesome actors to return - though even this is not definite.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post

If the personalities that Dawn French and John Cleese have portrayed in the past are included, then we can reasonably expect these awesome actors to return - though even this is not definite.
    OK it would appear that I was too subtle in my initial response. Let me try again in a more direct manor.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland
    Maybe. I'm still not convinced that Dumbledore is even alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam
    the actors in the movies have been signed for all of the movies this happened a few months ago!
    So Alice says Dumbledore is dead but Sam implies that's not the case since the actor is already booked to play the part for movies 6 and 7. I interjected with an example referencing two dead characters who appear in the movies (Fat Lady and Nick) thereby insinuating that Dumbledore could in fact be really dead and in the movies. You see? He could appear as either a ghost or a photo.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    OK it would appear that I was too subtle in my initial response. Let me try again in a more direct manor.

So Alice says Dumbledore is dead but Sam implies that's not the case since the actor is already booked to play the part for movies 6 and 7. I interjected with an example referencing two dead characters who appear in the movies (Fat Lady and Nick) thereby insinuating that Dumbledore could in fact be really dead and in the movies. You see? He could appear as either a ghost or a photo.
    I gotcha.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast