• The Darkness to Light

The Power of Pixar

So I was channel surfing last night and stumbled upon Disney Channel's airring of Monsters Inc. It was already at the end where the bad guy gets arrested and you find out what was really going on behind the scenes. It was also the part where Sully had to say goodbye to Boo.

I haven't seen the movie in years, and even though I am very familar with the plot to the point of nerdom, that part of the film made me cry like a baby as if I was watching it for the first time. And all I saw was the end!

I don't know any other film that can do that or has done that to me. Just makes me appreciate the work Pixar does in films like these.

Anyone else have a similar moment like mine?
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: The Power of Pixar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    So I was channel surfing last night and stumbled upon Disney Channel's airring of Monsters Inc. It was already at the end where the bad guy gets arrested and you find out what was really going on behind the scenes. It was also the part where Sully had to say goodbye to Boo.

I haven't seen the movie in years, and even though I am very familar with the plot to the point of nerdom, that part of the film made me cry like a baby as if I was watching it for the first time. And all I saw was the end!

I don't know any other film that can do that or has done that to me. Just makes me appreciate the work Pixar does in films like these.

Anyone else have a similar moment like mine?

Spoilers please!

hhaha j/k.

Yah I love Pixar's films. I can watch them all constantly and still find them completely enjoyable. And t hey're visually the most dazzling as well. They're hands down the best representation of American cinema. If I want other worlds to see the best we have to offer, Pixar would be a strong representation of that.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

I was watching AFI's Top 100 movies on TV last week and started to get weepy when they showed the scene in Toy Story where Woody is telling Buzz that Andy likes Buzz better, because who would want to play with an old cowboy toy. Gets me all the time.

Of course I can cry at the drop of a hat, but Pixar is the best. During that TV show, John Lassetter quoted Walt Disney as saying, for every laugh there must be a tear. He took that to heart.

•   

Yup, I know what you mean. My daughter watches that movie all the time and she acts like each time is her 1st. I sit and watch it with her sometimes and I forget how good the whole movie is and that part is very sad to me too.
    It's funny what being a parent does to your emotions.

• Supermom

This is exactly how I feel at the end of Nemo, right after Nemo saves all the fish from the big fisherman's net. And Marlin goes to him, recalling the time that he found the little un-hatched Nemo after Coral and all the other eggs were attacked. So touching!