View Poll Results: How do you rate Transformers?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 stars! I loved it! Long live the autobots!

37 45.68%
  • 4 stars- entertaining escape from reality

33 40.74%
  • 3 stars- it was ok, like Nascar on steroids

4 4.94%
  • 2 stars- too many explosions

4 4.94%
  • 1 star- not enough Megatron

3 3.70%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Transformers- MiceChat reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I believe it's LOST. The only 2 ABC shows I watch are LOST and Grey's Anatomy, so it's one of them.
    Yeah its gotta be LOST then. The only ones I watch are LOST, Greys, DH, & EHMO and I know that it aint Greys. Its logo is a heart enclosed by a roller coaster. DH is cherry productions, so therefore cherry with sunglasses and EHMO is definitly not it. So its definitly LOST then. I figured it could've been LOST or that lasted for only one season, but I wasn't sure.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    Who and where did it say that was LA? Maybe I missed something-
    They focused on a street sign that said "Wilshire" twice, they went to a building known as a Los Angeles Landmark, with a big sign that said GRIFFITH OBSERVATORY twice - once at night, and again during the daytime, they flew around signature downtown Los Angeles buildings, including Library Tower and the Deloitte and Touche building, and one key battle took place in front of the ORPHEUM theater, a common filming location.

Speaking of which, someone behind me in the theater said "nobody noticed them at Griffith Observatory???". It's only one of the most visited buildings in the world, and it is the one telescope that more people have looked through than any other on the planet. It also overlooks Los Angeles (it's near the Hollywood sign), so it's kind of hard to miss - and giant robots climbing all over it during the daytime would be especially hard to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    I can't believe I am seeing this here- did you read the reasoning behind Jazz being the one to die? I hated it- but I don't know why some feel the need to see racist stereotyping in it. That is a mindset I just don't get-he was a ROBOT- not a black man- who cares who voiced him- and I have seen white jive talking people- so that means nothing. Someone should note- of the special ops guys- a white guy died, but the black men did not.
    That brings up a good point - I found it impossible to really feel anything for any of the robots that died, because we really didn't get to know them at all. I didn't know anything about the robot that died... except that he acted like a black man, (not like a robot). Poor character development, and it made what was meant to be a special moment just weak. As another reviewer said:

And this is one of the great "did I really just see that?" moments when one of the robots says something along the lines of "Yo yo yo wussssUUUUUUPPPP Autobots REPRESENT!" and I don't think he was eating robotic chicken or watermelon but I swear to you on my mother's grave that he started breakdancing. And I'm sure black stereotype robot was in other parts of the movie but the next time I was sure it was the same character was at the end when Optimus Prime was casually holding his broken-in-half corpse like it was the pieces of a plate he dropped.
    Speaking of the special ops guys, isn't it strange that a whole base of special ops guys can't fight off one transformer robot, (in fact, they run away), but two guys out in the open can fight off six of them??? Or that a girl with a sawzall, an electric saw made to cut wood, can just slice off the head of one bad robot, without an electrical plug anywhere around?

I'm sure you'll be there at the premiere of the 20 million dollar gobots movie, but I think I'll skip the next one.

But credits to the ILM crew that obviously worked hours, days, and months on the great special effects here. It's just too bad they didn't have a better script to show this stuff off with.

• Circle of Ancients

I just don't see why people can't go into a movie about things called "Transformers" that is based on a cartoon and not be able to look past some plot holes and just have fun watching robots kick the **** out of each other for 2 hours.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I just don't see why people can't go into a movie about things called "Transformers" that is based on a cartoon and not be able to look past some plot holes and just have fun watching robots kick the **** out of each other for 2 hours.
    I COMPLETELY agree It was a fun summer movie. Overanalyzing it just takes the enjoyment out of it. I loved it for what it was, a fun movie about CARTOON characters.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    I COMPLETELY agree It was a fun summer movie. Overanalyzing it just takes the enjoyment out of it. I loved it for what it was, a fun movie about CARTOON characters.
    I'll be the first to admit that after the trailers for this movie I was NOT interested AT ALL. It was mainly the reviews from people here that finally convinced me to check it out. And I'm very glad I did.

It reminded me of what a "Summer escape from your life for a couple of hours and have some fun" movie should be. Kind of like the first MIB, Independence Day, etc. Just a BIG movie with lots of **** blowing up. If our 9 year old is any indication, he was on the edge of his seat the whole 2+ hours and was SO into it.

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by silverphoenix View Post
    Ok can someone please help fill me in on something here? When I saw this trailer, I didn't see a name, but I know I read it in one of these threads. But what's buggin me here is that I saw that the production company is Bad Robot and I KNOW that company produces a show that's currenty on ABC, but I can't figure out which one it is. Well, it's either on ABC or the CW. Can anyone else fill in that blank?
    Bad Robot is JJ Abrams company, so it's most likely Lost you're thinking of.

Frogberto, I respect that you didn't enjoy the movie. That is your right, and i'm quite sure you aren't the only one who feels that way. I'm not the kind of person who is going to go off on you simply for not enjoying something that I did (I've been on the other end of that, and it's lame). But seriously, the way you're picking the film apart, I have to ask if there's a film on earth that you do enjoy? I mean, if this is the way you analize and pick apart every movie you see, then there can't possibly be very many that you would give a thumbs up. This is meant to be a fun, turn off your brain for 2 hours, action film. You aren't supposed to think about these things in real terms, because NONE of it is real. It's a movie... about large, alien robots. Very realistic that premise.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

It reminded me of what a "Summer escape from your life for a couple of hours and have some fun" movie should be. Kind of like the first MIB, Independence Day, etc. Just a BIG movie with lots of **** blowing up. If our 9 year old is any indication, he was on the edge of his seat the whole 2+ hours and was SO into it.
    I felt the same way. And my almost 9 year old was the same way(so was his 12 year old brother and 16 year old uncle )

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Neep meep beep

I think I enjoyed this movie on some levels, and that's why I had praise for aspects of it. I wouldn't go see movies if I didn't enjoy them, and the movie I saw before this, Ratatouille, I enjoyed a lot, along with others I've seen this year.

If you look at this thread, someone asked for anyone that didn't join in the lovefest here to explain their reasons. I did that, and somehow that's not acceptable for this particular film here.

I have a very non-professional website where I review movies, I've published reviews for other sites, I love movies, and I have given hundreds of movies "thumbs up" over the 10 years I've been reviewing films for my own enjoyment.

Just one dissenting opinion as to this particular film, that's all, and it's posted in this thread, which is titled "Transformers - MiceChat reviews". I'd say for someone that thinks that they might be interested in this film to see it anyway- and make your own opinion.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    I'll be the first to admit that after the trailers for this movie I was NOT interested AT ALL. It was mainly the reviews from people here that finally convinced me to check it out. And I'm very glad I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb View Post
    Bad Robot is JJ Abrams company, so it's most likely Lost you're thinking of.

Frogberto, I respect that you didn't enjoy the movie. That is your right, and i'm quite sure you aren't the only one who feels that way. I'm not the kind of person who is going to go off on you simply for not enjoying something that I did (I've been on the other end of that, and it's lame). But seriously, the way you're picking the film apart, I have to ask if there's a film on earth that you do enjoy? I mean, if this is the way you analize and pick apart every movie you see, then there can't possibly be very many that you would give a thumbs up. This is meant to be a fun, turn off your brain for 2 hours, action film. You aren't supposed to think about these things in real terms, because NONE of it is real. It's a movie... about large, alien robots. Very realistic that premise.

If you're gonna pick somethin apart and analyze it every which way, don't do it unless you can put it back together that way you really think it should be.
    Enough said.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    I'm sure you'll be there at the premiere of the 20 million dollar gobots movie, but I think I'll skip the next one.
    Gobots are the Kmart version of Transformers

Seriously. I went into it knowing the story line might not be the best, but was stoked cause Transformers were something I grew up with. Same thing when TMNT came out. I didnt go in there expecting to see an Oscar winning movie. I went in expecting a kick azz action movie and came out MORE than satisfied.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Gobots are the Kmart version of Transformers

Gobots was actually the other robot cartoon that was closely as successfull as Transformers, at least in my opinion, but it just didn't have any spinoffs or any different versions. I liked them, I had the toys, and wish that both the original transformers and gobots would be aired on cartoon networks boomerang. Not like that's going to happen anytime soon.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Uh, that was a line from another movie Thats all.

Im pretty aware of the difference between Gobots and Transformers
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Minion

Really? Heh, didn't know that. doh!

• Shablagoo!

For those of you that don't know, here is another way to tell the difference.

1. Transformers = Robots in Disguise.

2. Gobots = Mighty Robots, Mighty vehicles

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    For those of you that don't know, here is another way to tell the difference.

1. Transformers = Robots in Disguise.

2. Gobots = Mighty Robots, Mighty vehicles
    Thank you!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast