View Poll Results: How do you rate Transformers?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 stars! I loved it! Long live the autobots!

37 45.68%
  • 4 stars- entertaining escape from reality

33 40.74%
  • 3 stars- it was ok, like Nascar on steroids

4 4.94%
  • 2 stars- too many explosions

4 4.94%
  • 1 star- not enough Megatron

3 3.70%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Space Mountain Expert

Re: Transformers- MiceChat reviews

Just got back from a little work-trip to the theater.
    This movie was everything that I was hoping for and soo much more.
    I LOVED it! I was rocking back and forth in my seat at times from the excitement. And let's face it... two hours staring at Megan Fox isn't a bad waste of time.
    The only question I now have is:
    Spoiler
    now that Megatron is gone, who will lead the Decepticons in the next movie?
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

• Grim Grinning Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by disneyking View Post
    Just got back from a little work-trip to the theater.
    This movie was everything that I was hoping for and soo much more.
    I LOVED it! I was rocking back and forth in my seat at times from the excitement.
    Spoiler
    There is an extra scene during the credits
    Spoiler
    It shows Starscream flying into space, hopefully heading to get more decepticon re-enforcements.
    But if they follow the Transformers old storyline then either Starscream will lead them, Unicron will come to Earth and in the process resurrects Megatron, or Megatron just comes back some other way.

"I Want That Simple Life"

B.F.F.=Brian Fyfe Forever
    4-8-1983 to 4-28-2010

• Knight of Naughtyness

Spoiler
    Spoiler
    It is possible that he could be rebuilt into Galvatron.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I've seen the previews. My almost 9 year old can't wait to see it but it doesn't look like it is appropriate for that age -- I know it is PG13 but he has seen Spiderman and loves the latest Star Wars movie and Pirates. Does anyone think it is too intense?

Also, for me, is Blur in it?

And as far as the Abrahms movie I hope it doesn't make me sick!

• Space Mountain Expert

thanks for the insight
    Spoiler
    i'm going to have to research both Galvatron and Unicron and find out exactly who they are.

sadly I'm not completely up to speed with the entire storyline and characters
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

• Knight of Naughtyness

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I've seen the previews. My almost 9 year old can't wait to see it but it doesn't look like it is appropriate for that age -- I know it is PG13 but he has seen Spiderman and loves the latest Star Wars movie and Pirates. Does anyone think it is too intense?!
    I was on the fence about taking my son who has seen both Pirates and Spiderman. He is younger than your son, and I will not let him see it. 9 is iffy. If my son was 9, I might take him.
    -Osky

Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

.-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

• Space Mountain Expert

sorry for the lengthy spoiler... but if anyone else isn't as up-to-speed as I was, here's some info. I found on the greatest site on the internet... Wikipedia.
    Spoiler

On the Decepticons' return journey to Cybertron following their attack on Autobot City in the Earth year 2005, a mortally wounded, but still functional Megatron was jettisoned into space along with several other fallen Decepticons in order to reduce Astrotrain's mass in order to reach Cybertron. The end seemed to be near for Megatron -- but it was not to be, as he encountered Unicron, who made him an offer - in return for Megatron's service, he would give him a new body and new troops to command. Megatron initially refused, enraged at the thought of being Unicron's servant. However, faced with death as his only alternative, Megatron reluctantly accepted Unicron's offer, and was reborn as Galvatron.

the world of disneyking

• Knight of Naughtyness

thanks for the insight
    Spoiler
    i'm going to have to research both Galvatron and Unicron and find out exactly who they are.

Spoiler
    Galvatron is the rebuilt Megatron after Unicron resurrects him. Bonus is that in the past, Galvatron was voiced by Leonard Nimoy.
    -Osky

• Space Mountain Expert

I've seen the previews. My almost 9 year old can't wait to see it but it doesn't look like it is appropriate for that age -- I know it is PG13 but he has seen Spiderman and loves the latest Star Wars movie and Pirates. Does anyone think it is too intense?
    As far as being too intense, I don't think it is. There's not any blood and guts gore that I'd have a problem with if my kid were 9 years old.

The only thing I that caught me off guard, and made me feel sorry for any parents who had brought younger kids was a scene where Mom and Dad are questioning Sam about the big 'M' word that is already too prevalent in a young teenage boys life. Did we really need this scene? They could have at least made it a bit more subtle... 'hey Sam, why is the door locked? Were you having some ummmm, private time?' or something like that.

But other than that, I don't think the violence was overkill at all.
    Last edited by disneyking; 07-03-2007 at 11:51 AM.

the world of disneyking

• Happy Memories

And let's face it... two hours staring at Megan Fox isn't a bad waste of time.
    Amen to that!

thanks for the insight
    Spoiler

All you need to do to get up to speed there is watch the animated film that came out in '86. There's an excellent 20th anniversary DVD available.

Personally I...
    Spoiler
    Don't think Megatron is down for the count. Yeah, he had the cube shoved into his chest and was dropped into the ocean, but other than that he appeared to be mostly in tact. If he survived a century (or more) frozen prior to this film's action, I'm sure he can come back from his current state as well. That being said, it would seem to me that someone else would have already been leading the Decepticons (Starscream?) with Megatron stuck on Earth in the big freeze, so I'm sure the end of this film requires merely a regrouping effort on their part. The biggest thing I missed this time around was not enough Megatron/Starscream banter, so i'm hoping they're both back for that aspect alone.

• Shablagoo!

The only thing I that caught me off guard, and made me feel sorry for any parents who had brought younger kids was a scene where Mom and Dad are questioning Sam about the big 'M' word that is already too prevalent in a young teenage boys life. Did we really need this scene? They could have at least made it a bit more subtle... 'hey Sam, why is the door locked? Were you having some ummmm, private time?' or something like that.
    It think the whole point of the scene was to be as embarassing as possible for SAm. Had it been really Subtle, it would not have been as funny. ANd that scene was hysterical.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

In Pirates, a girl gets shot in the head. Mercer gets his face tentacled. And Jack Sparrow stabs Jack Sparrow with a sword. Transformers is far less intense as far as violence goes... but maybe MORE intense with volume.

Also, for me, is Blur in it?
    Spoiler
    No.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Space Mountain Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    It think the whole point of the scene was to be as embarassing as possible for SAm. Had it been really Subtle, it would not have been as funny. ANd that scene was hysterical.
    I agree it was funny. I just didn't expect it in a movie that is going to draw every single boy aged 12-99. I'd more expect it in a movie like 'Chuck and Larry' or some American Pie flick. I know that if I had a son who was a teenager, I would want as few references to that behavior as possible throughout adolescense.

I'm all for adult humor. Just not in a movie like this. Don't get me wrong, it didn't wreck the movie. I still think it's the funnest time I've had in a theater all year!
    Sorry Pirates AWE... I still love you loads as well!
    Last edited by disneyking; 07-03-2007 at 01:13 PM.

the world of disneyking

• Directly directed

I'm going tomorrow and know nothing about transformers. I'm really hoping it's good!

• Gepetto 2

The Unknown Trailer is for "Cloverfield" a top secret so far project due out in 2008. It is not actuall footage from the film...it was shot to tease before a foot of film was shot on the actual project. :-)

JJ Abrahms (Abrams) is busy on the big Star Trek prequal due out next year so it was thought he might not be directing Cloverfield but is exec producer. The wraps are still tight...but the buz is on.
    http://SpookyBook.com
    'Scary Dark Rides' Now in Hard & Soft Cover!
    The ONLY Dark Ride Book.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast