View Poll Results: How do you rate Transformers?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 stars! I loved it! Long live the autobots!

37 45.68%
  • 4 stars- entertaining escape from reality

33 40.74%
  • 3 stars- it was ok, like Nascar on steroids

4 4.94%
  • 2 stars- too many explosions

4 4.94%
  • 1 star- not enough Megatron

3 3.70%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

• Happy Memories

Re: Transformers- MiceChat reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post

Now for a big non-spoiler question.

Which Autobot and which Decepticon do you most want to see in the sequel, that were not in this one?
    I read an interview with someone on the film at one point (writer? producer? can't remember), and this person made a couple of comments regarding characters he'd like to bring in next time. I liked his ideas, so it's stuck in my head since reading it. On the Autobot side, Dinobots. On the Decepticon side, a combiner, Constructicons most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    Spoiler

* I found the end of the battle between Megatron and Prime too abrupt. Why did the All Spark go into Megatron, was it an accident as he lunged for it? Why did Prime say "I had no choice brother"? Was there a significance to him taking a part of the All Spark or whatever it was- out of Megatron?

Spoiler
    we were all devastated by Jazz's death- that was awful!

-I have also read this is meant to be a trilogy and if you check www.imdb.com it does have Transformers 2 listed as announced with Bay directing.
    Spoiler
    I had a nonTransformer fan with me who didn't get the Meg death thing either, but the way I took it... Prime told Sam to push it into him so he could sacrifice himself for the better good. Sam probably figured, if that will destroy the Allspark, why should Prime have to die when I can take out Megs. That's how I took it anyway.

As for the "brother" comment, Prime is a noble guy. He doesn't want to have to kill his kind but has no choice. He doesn't want to be at war, but will do what is necesary in that war. Without sacrifice, there can be no vistory.

Spoiler
    Poor jazz. I guess someone on the good side had to die for the sake of there being real stakes in this war. I'm sad that it was jazz, but by process of elimination, I don't think they could lose anyone else on the Autobot side.

I REALLY HOPE they don't go the trilogy route. That's what has ruined most of the other sequels this year for me. It always comes off too forced. Three movies would be great, but make them all stand-alone adventures. PLEASE!

•   

Saw it last night and loved it!!! They did a great job at getting you pumped up everytime the Autobots were rolled out and were ready to fight. The crowd clapped numerous times in our theater throughout the movie. I loved it!

Megatron was still weird to me though.

I can't imagine being the guys that had to animate the transformations. It had to be SO detailed! I bet they went crazy!

I'm crossing my fingers the Mt Dew dude is in the next one!!!

• Minion

Best. Action. Movie. Ever.

We've been waiting over 20 years for a movie like this, and it's great to see fans get what they want. Kudos to the film makers!

Spoiler
    One of my friends asked me if it was a coincidence that the autobot that sounded like a Black guy was the only autobot to get killed

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    I'm crossing my fingers the Mt Dew dude is in the next one!!!

Shhhh! You'll give them ideas. NExt thing you know he will be the lead.

Actually I wouldn't mind if he did show up in the next film, in a bit part though, as cannonfodder.

EDIT: You know what, He needs a name. I propose Steeldew!
    Last edited by Melonballer; 07-04-2007 at 09:56 AM.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Shhhh! You'll give them ideas. NExt thing you know he will be the lead.

Actually I wouldn't mind if he did show up in the next film, in a bit part though, as cannonfodder.

EDIT: You know what, He needs a name. I propose Steeldew!
    Steeldew......I like it!

As a huge Mt Dew fan and drinker, I loved that part.

•   

I liked Transformers as a kid but I wasn't as into it as a lot of you so there are a lot of things I've forgotten. The voice of Optimus is the original right?

• Up is Down

Yes it was the orignal voice for Optimus but they made his voice way deeper and boomy then it usually is but it was him!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Feeling LOVED

got to see this last night....and just like Dramaqueen...went kicking and screaming. I am actually surprised that I loved this movie.....it was funny and full of action. My 10 year old made me eat my words at the end of the night. This is worth a trip to the movies to see.
    HEARTS CLUB !!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    Best. Action. Movie. Ever.

We've been waiting over 20 years for a movie like this, and it's great to see fans get what they want. Kudos to the film makers!

Spoiler
    One of my friends asked me if it was a coincidence that the autobot that sounded like a Black guy was the only autobot to get killed

Oh yeah- there are LOADS of threads about that subject on the IMDB board for the movie- some even calling for a boycott.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I've seen the previews. My almost 9 year old can't wait to see it but it doesn't look like it is appropriate for that age -- I know it is PG13 but he has seen Spiderman and loves the latest Star Wars movie and Pirates. Does anyone think it is too intense?
    My son will be 9 in November and he loved it. He's seen all over the movies you've mentioned above and I would say they were much more violent/intense than this.

We all loved it. My favorite movie of the summer

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Comin' at ya!

I thought it was a pretty good movie, 4/5. My main beef was that period at Sam's House. Not only was it kinda boring, but it turned into comedy hour. This isn't really a spoiler, but just in case.

Spoiler
    The dog peeing on the Transformers leg, all the slapstick...Just got kinda stupid IMO. The whole deal with Sam and his Parents was kinda silly, distracted from the film to me. And the part where the transformer pees' on the guy was uncalled for and a cheap laugh...The George Bush part was also a super low blow...I don't necessarily like him or dislike him, but it was a bad cheap shot at him.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Sock Puppet

i hope i will be seeing it soon because it looks totally awesome

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2dzneboys View Post
    got to see this last night....and just like Dramaqueen...went kicking and screaming. I am actually surprised that I loved this movie.....it was funny and full of action. My 10 year old made me eat my words at the end of the night. This is worth a trip to the movies to see.
    Absolutely- this is a must see in theaters, don't wait to rent it, it just won't be the same.

Its funny to me that critically, its not being very well received. And yet no one seems to care!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
    Its funny to me that critically, its not being very well received. And yet no one seems to care!
    That's usually the case with this kind of film. It's too comercial for critics to endorse. They only allow themselves to support small, arty pictures that the public doesn't want to see. Makes them feel more elitist or something.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    I thought it was a pretty good movie, 4/5. My main beef was that period at Sam's House. Not only was it kinda boring, but it turned into comedy hour. This isn't really a spoiler, but just in case.

Spoiler
    The dog peeing on the Transformers leg, all the slapstick...Just got kinda stupid IMO. The whole deal with Sam and his Parents was kinda silly, distracted from the film to me. And the part where the transformer pees' on the guy was uncalled for and a cheap laugh...The George Bush part was also a super low blow...I don't necessarily like him or dislike him, but it was a bad cheap shot at him.
    I have to agree with you on those parts. They sort of dragged and were just a little too cheesy. I think those are the only parts I didn't like though.

Maybe I didn't notice because I was into all the action but I only remember hearing the patented Transformers transforming audio twice. You know what sound I'm talking about??? It's the original mixed in with the other transforming sound......
    Does that make sense?
    Last edited by cal4iri; 07-05-2007 at 07:29 AM.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast