Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Potc 4, 5, 6?

Potc 4, 5, 6?

Hi, I'm new to these boards. My daughter read a post from IGN that a new Pirates trilogy or 4th Pirates movie was announced at some convention. There was a title "Dead Men Tell No Tales". Can anyone else confirm this? Thanks I need to know if we need to plan for another Premiere lol!

Re: Potc 4, 5, 6?

A Disney insider told the British tabloid The Daily Star Sunday, "The script for the fourth "Pirates" movie is being worked on and all the finances are in place but it was decided Bloom's character and a number of minor roles were not necessary to ensure it would be yet another box office smash for Disney."

Also, from a cast interview, they are supposably writing a screenplay, but it will be for a spin-off movie focusing on Jack. Johnny wants to do another one, while Keira Knightley and some other actors are tired of the series. Overall, Disney has announced that there won't be a continuation of the trilogy, but a screenplay for a spin-off is in the works, and if it's good enough, it'll be produced."

Quote Originally Posted by girrrtacos View Post
    A Disney insider told the British tabloid The Daily Star Sunday, "The script for the fourth "Pirates" movie is being worked on and all the finances are in place but it was decided Bloom's character and a number of minor roles were not necessary to ensure it would be yet another box office smash for Disney."
    No Bloom? Thats fine with me, but I think I just heard millions of teenage girls scream out in horror.
    Photographers Unite!
    Preserve Our Liberties

"Mono" means one and "rail" means... rail.

• Another part of me

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Commando View Post
    No Bloom? Thats fine with me, but I think I just heard millions of teenage girls scream out in horror.
    I am not a teenage girl, but I am scream out in horror.

• Minion

a spin off? how dumb. I heard keira wasnt going to be in the last one but she made it so maybe she will do another.

And if it is a spin off or normal movie it would probly be Agua de Vida, focussing on eternal youth.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermom7 View Post
    Hi, I'm new to these boards. My daughter read a post from IGN that a new Pirates trilogy or 4th Pirates movie was announced at some convention. There was a title "Dead Men Tell No Tales". Can anyone else confirm this? Thanks I need to know if we need to plan for another Premiere lol!
    I'm looking forward to Pirates XXVII wherein Jack retires to the Old Pirates Home

• Premium Youngling and

Welcome to the MC Family

I recently attended a "Pirates" event at the Florida resort. This question was the number one question asked. We had members from the crew, actors, producers etc. present who answered as follows. The people who worked on this film serries have been doing that for the last five years and they need a break. They did say, the door has been left open (which it was in the movie) Time will tell.

• =)

Despite my ardent love for the first POTC movie and the spirit of optimism I generally try to uphold, I've got a very bad feeling about any further adventures in that particular franchise. The second and third films, IMO, were disasters with character inconsistencies and confusing plots and dumb humor and a profound lack of connection to the ride. I don't foresee anything better coming from the same filmmakers. A very sad thought--as I said, I adore the first film and the ride--but I don't like this idea. I have heard, though, that everything will soon be in place for it to become reality.

• Defying gravity

We have two new posters in this thread (which will soon be moved to a different forum....), but I'd like to welcome Tinkermom7 and firebox to Mice Chat!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by foxerbox View Post
    I recently attended a "Pirates" event at the Florida resort. This question was the number one question asked. We had members from the crew, actors, producers etc. present who answered as follows. The people who worked on this film serries have been doing that for the last five years and they need a break. They did say, the door has been left open (which it was in the movie) Time will tell.
    In Pirates 7, the son (played by an actor to be born later) of Will and Elizabeth (who appear in cameo roles) is apprenticed to Jack and proves to be a handful leading to all kinds of mischievous mahem.

And, in a foreshadowing and to-be-famous scene, Jack jumps a shark ....
    Last edited by JeffYardDog; 07-03-2007 at 03:39 PM.

• Minion

the 3rd movie was SO confusing, im still confused. The beginning was the worst, out of no where their in singapore...WHAT!?? then it just kept speeding up and up and too much.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    the 3rd movie was SO confusing, im still confused. The beginning was the worst, out of no where their in singapore...WHAT!?? then it just kept speeding up and up and too much.
    I agree! It was like they took every character and every plot line from the first two movies, put them all together, then added new characters and plotlines and combined them to make one story!

PoTC: Curse of the Black Pearl is still the best movie IMO. It was cute, simple, and gave Captain Jack the biggest role.

• Minion

yes the first pirates was amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Despite my ardent love for the first POTC movie and the spirit of optimism I generally try to uphold, I've got a very bad feeling about any further adventures in that particular franchise. The second and third films, IMO, were disasters with character inconsistencies and confusing plots and dumb humor and a profound lack of connection to the ride. I don't foresee anything better coming from the same filmmakers. A very sad thought--as I said, I adore the first film and the ride--but I don't like this idea. I have heard, though, that everything will soon be in place for it to become reality.
    Well stated. I second that.
    Ryborg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast