• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus CD Debuts at #1

Miley Cyrus performs as Hannah Montana.

Miley Cyrus's second album, Hannah Montana 2/Meet Miley Cyrus, debuted at #1 on the Billboard Hot 200 chart as well as #1 on the Children's and Soundtrack charts. According to Nielsen SoundScan, the 2-disc release from Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records moved over 325,000 units for the week ending July 1st. The CD was also the #1 download on the iTunes Music Store.

This makes Cyrus, 14, the youngest recording artist ever to have two Billboard #1 albums in less than a year.

Source: Business Wire

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus CD Debuts at #1

Congratulations to everyone at Walt Disney Records, Disney Channel and The Cyrus Family!

Cyrus Sidesteps Clarkson To Debut At No. 1
    Miley Cyrus

July 04, 2007, 10:30 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

In a battle between two top-selling female acts, Miley Cyrus triumphed over Kelly Clarkson to score the No. 1 position on The Billboard 200 with the confusingly titled double album "Hannah Montana 2 (Soundtrack)/Meet Miley Cyrus." The Disney project sold a whopping 326,000 units in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Clarkson’s embattled "My December" (RCA) opened at No. 2 with 291,000.

The "Hannah/Miley" album is a two-disc, 20-song set evenly divided between music from Cyrus' TV series "Hannah Montana" and her debut studio album. On one side of the album is cover art for "Hanna Montana 2," while the other side boasts artwork for "Meet Miley Cyrus." The first "Hannah Montana" soundtrack also debuted at No. 1 on The Billboard 200 last October with 281,000.
    http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003607217

• horsin' around!

wow that's so awesome for her! she is literally the only one of her age group that i actually enjoy listening to!

• Hillary scares me.

God, what is this world coming to?

Those charts should be reserved for artists that actually write their own music, not for properties of media conglomerates that just slap a marketable singer's name on something and whore it out to pre-teens.

Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by chrisaaron View Post
    God, what is this world coming to?

Those charts should be reserved for artists that actually write their own music, not for properties of media conglomerates that just slap a marketable singer's name on something and whore it out to pre-teens.

Sigh...
    Might want to check into the facts a little before you criticize the kid. 1. She actually does write her own music. 2. Right now she sets a great example to her age group and younger children. 3. She does have a father that knows a bit about fame and it does seem to keep her feet on the ground. 4. Let's hope and pray she does not become as confused as other Disney Kids of fame that have gone before. 5. She's as cute as a button!

• Hillary scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by shadylanestudio View Post
    Might want to check into the facts a little before you criticize the kid. 1. She actually does write her own music. 2. Right now she sets a great example to her age group and younger children. 3. She does have a father that knows a bit about fame and it does seem to keep her feet on the ground. 4. Let's hope and pray she does not become as confused as other Disney Kids of fame that have gone before. 5. She's as cute as a button!

That's standard fodder for the music industry. They just slap whatever artist that happens to have the greatest pull at the moment on generic music. It isn't new and she isn't alone in this, but these "artists" exist solely to make money for their corporate parents. Don't be so naive to think she actually writes and perfoms the music, on her own. And even then, it's not much to be proud of.

Everything else you wrote is subjective.

• Senior Minion

That's standard fodder for the music industry. They just slap whatever artist that happens to have the greatest pull at the moment on generic music. It isn't new and she isn't alone in this, but these "artists" exist solely to make money for their corporate parents. Don't be so naive to think she actually writes and perfoms the music, on her own. And even then, it's not much to be proud of.

If you look in the credits on the Miley Cyrus part of the album, she co-wrote 8 of 10 songs on there.

It's awesome that she was #1, the music is great and unlike Kelly, no offence to her, but Hannah/Miley you can actually understand what she's saying when she sings.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Hmm, I do work in the industry hence the Shadylanestudio handle. With Miss Cyrus your perspective sounds a little cynical. I kind of get a kick out of your subjective viewpoint of the music industry and kids in music. I find it a bit ironic you would dismiss my "subjective" opinions without much thought.

As for the naive, as I said, you might want to research that one your own. You may find your own evaluations a wee bit inexperienced. She does write a large majority of her own music.

As for her music "not to be proud of" - that is truly subjective. You even borderline on sounding a bit jealous of her. A whole lot of folks are, in fact, buying her music. I would say that outpacing Kelly Clarkson is pretty impressive for a 14 year old girl.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

My only thought about this is...whatever became of barfrownz?

Hope he's okay, and enjoying all the copies of the cd he bought.

Young people today -

they never call, they never write...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.