Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Pageant of the Masters Laguna Beach

I am coming to So. Cal. for a week and I will be at DL and also seeing Wicked (as mentioned in my other thread). My niece (who is near my age) and I are also going to Laguna Beach for the "Pageant of the Masters". I've heard this is an incredible artform.

Anyone been to this performance? (If you call it that.) And, what did you think of it?

Re: Pageant of the Masters Laguna Beach

Yep. Been going since before electricity.

Pageant of the Masters, the Laguna Beach Art Festival, the Sawdust Festival...all those. Lots of fun.

Disneyland is actually doing a tie-in with them this year. I think Annual Passholders get 2 for 1 tickets or something like that. If you're an Annual Passholder...you might want to check it out (unless you know about it already).

I haven't been in a while, but the event is one of the best in southern California.

• done

We went to the Pageant of the Masters in 2005 since it was a gift. It was ok, but it didn't do as much for me as I've heard people gush about it. I also probably have bad associations with it since it turned out it was the first night of me being sick that eventually turned into pneumonia.

Be sure to bring binoculars, preferably one for each of you. It's much more enjoyable that way.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Someone is actually going to do an activity outside of the DLR?!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post

Be sure to bring binoculars, preferably one for each of you. It's much more enjoyable that way.
    My niece is already on that task! She's buying binoculars for us both. (We are also seeing Wicked, so, they may come in handy there too....I've not been in that theatre before, so, not sure how good our seats will be!)

Opus, I did not know about the AP discount! Rats! My niece already bought us the tickets. It's neat to know that I may see Disney art too! Very fun!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Someone is actually going to do an activity outside of the DLR?!
    I KNOW! The humanity! DL, Wicked, Pageant of the Masters AND spend time with my niece (who is actually like a sister to me). Should be a well-rounded and amazing week!!!

• Circle of Ancients

I have not been to the Pageant of the Masters but I have been to the Sawdust Festival in Laguna Beach.

And all the things you have planned in CA., you'll have a Wickedly good time!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    I have not been to the Pageant of the Masters but I have been to the Sawdust Festival in Laguna Beach.

And all the things you have planned in CA., you'll have a Wickedly good time!
    What's the Sawdust Festival?? Should I check that out too? My niece will be run ragged! haha! (And, she's pregnant!!)

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

I haven't been but my friends works at it and of course she loves it! LOL
    have fun!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Neep meep beep

I have gone to the Pageant of the Masters every year since I stumbled on this event in 1999, and I usually take a large group of friends and family. From the description alone, I really expected something semi-cheesy, but this event is really, really well done.

Binoculars will help, no matter where you sit, to see details. Photography of any kind is not allowed, so don't bring a camera.

Admission includes a fairly extensive art exhibit outside the theater, so plan on extra time to see that, if that's your thing. The Sawdust Festival, across the street and up the highway a ways, is an arts and crafts festival, where you'll find all kinds of artwork, and people blowing glass, and creating all kinds of creative things. It's a lot of fun also.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    I have gone to the Pageant of the Masters every year since I stumbled on this event in 1999, and I usually take a large group of friends and family. From the description alone, I really expected something semi-cheesy, but this event is really, really well done.

Binoculars will help, no matter where you sit, to see details. Photography of any kind is not allowed, so don't bring a camera.

Admission includes a fairly extensive art exhibit outside the theater, so plan on extra time to see that, if that's your thing. The Sawdust Festival, across the street and up the highway a ways, is an arts and crafts festival, where you'll find all kinds of artwork, and people blowing glass, and creating all kinds of creative things. It's a lot of fun also.
    I saw some cool prints for the festival on the festival's website. I hope to pick one up to frame, since this is my first time. I am SO glad you told me about the camera. I would have brought mine along!!! It sounds amazing...I am really excited!!! I doubt we'll have time for the exhibit outside as my niece works that day and we are heading from Long Beach around 3:30 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    Yep. Been going since before electricity.

Pageant of the Masters, the Laguna Beach Art Festival, the Sawdust Festival...all those. Lots of fun.

Disneyland is actually doing a tie-in with them this year. I think Annual Passholders get 2 for 1 tickets or something like that. If you're an Annual Passholder...you might want to check it out (unless you know about it already).
    I am fairly certain that the AP discount is for the Sawdust Festival. Pageant tickets sell out rather quickly. If you didn't have them now you'd probably be SOL.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by brigeet View Post
    I am fairly certain that the AP discount is for the Sawdust Festival. Pageant tickets sell out rather quickly. If you didn't have them now you'd probably be SOL.
    We already have them! My niece bought them last week.

• Neep meep beep

The "discount" for Disneyland Annual passholders is for the festival of the arts only, which is the art exhibit outside the walls of the amphitheater I described above.

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservic...ofthearts.html

Celebrate the Arts!
    Disneyland® Resort Annual Passholders
    Receive 2 for 1 Admission to the Laguna Beach Festival of Arts

The Disneyland®Resort and the Festival of Arts of Laguna Beach come together in this Year of a Million Dreams to celebrate the Festival's 75th Anniversary! All Disneyland® Resort Annual Passholders will receive 2 for 1 admission to the Festival of Arts - California's Premier Fine Art Exhibition from July 1 - August 31, 2007.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast