Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farenheit 451

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

Farenheit 451

Hey everyone,

I was curious about how many of you have read this book. I had to this summer for school and while it does get boring at parts it is actually a great book. Im almost done (past the part where Guy becomes a fugitive).

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Farenheit 451

I have read it several times over the years, most recently from a copy that I bought to have Mr. Bradbury sign for me!

You should also check out the movie - it's available on DVD I believe.

I am not the biggest science fiction fan in the world, but Ray Bradbury is one of the finest authors of our time, and that book you are reading is, in my opinion, nothing short of a classic.

And it's message is all too real.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I still shudder when I remember how they burned books. Sacrilege!

I am a huge sci-fi nut and when I was a kid I read just about everything I could find. Asimov, Clark, Bradbury... definitely.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

This was a wonderful little book... I would love to re-read it again... Scary view of the future

Disney: true inspiration!

Well I finished it and I love it! While it starts off slow, when it gains momentum it gets GREAT!

• Curiouser and Curiouser

And it's message is all too real.

--Barry[/quote]

Read it my sophmore year and could not agree more.

I also recommend the movie...it is interesting to see a film makers perspective on the robot dog.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Yes; I read it back in High School. Oddly enough there is a thread in the debate lounge right now about "stupid pedestrians".....which reminded me of this book before I even saw this thread.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Circle of Ancients

Great book ... I think it's time to go get some bradbury books to read.

Now I'm reading through To Kill A Mockingbird.

If you have the 50th edition of Farenheit 451, you should read the coda at the back. I have to say, Ray Bradbury is speaking the truth when he says all of that.

• Senior Minion

Love this book. Bradbury is such a great writer. I even have a copy signed by him(Thanks to a friend) and my dad met him up in Santa Rosa, Ca. This guy is brilliant.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

The book was ok...i had to create an epic comic book/graphic novel and did it some justice....with a little stylized coolness

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Banned User

Still haven't read the book, but I did see the Truffaut-directed movie, and it was unnerving to say the least. An excellent film, and I have no doubt the book is equally superb if not better.

A book I did read in high school that is similar and continues to resonate for me (and many other people), though, is George Orwell's 1984. Absolutely unforgettable, but not really in a good way. I mean, it's marvelously written, no question; it's the ideas in it that remain disturbing, and very likely always will.

• Master of Suspense

I read the book last year as a freshman and I didn't like it as much the first time. I had to write an essay on it and I liked it better when I went over it a second time though.
    Now I'm reading through To Kill A Mockingbird.
    I read To Kill a Mockinbird ands it's my favorite book now.

"To Serve Man... it's a cookbook!!!"

Ever heard of the dyslexic man who sold his soul to Santa?

Quote Originally Posted by TiaDalmaFan View Post
    A book I did read in high school that is similar and continues to resonate for me (and many other people), though, is George Orwell's 1984. Absolutely unforgettable, but not really in a good way. I mean, it's marvelously written, no question; it's the ideas in it that remain disturbing, and very likely always will.
    Please remember. I agree, it's a very disturbing book, and not only because it's kind of starting to happen for real.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

i read it a couple of years ago for my english class. yes it does have its boring parts but overall i enjoyed it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast