He's a pudgy panda: Po (voiced by Jack Black) gets
instructions from master Shifu (Dustin Hoffman).
DreamWorks Animation

Black gets his moves down
for 'Kung Fu Panda'

Stephen Shugerman, Getty Images
Proud papa: Jack Black and his wife, Tanya Haden,
have a son, Samuel, 1, who is on a "sleep time" schedule in L.A.
while his dad is in New York.

By Donna Freydkin
USA TODAY
July 6, 2007

NEW YORK — In the animated Kung Fu Panda, coming next summer, Jack Black's pudgy, lazy bear is schooled in martial arts by a hard-nosed instructor so he can fight his enemies.

It is Black's third foray into big-screen 'toons, following 2002's Ice Age and 2003's Shark Tale.

"It's such a sweet gig," says Black, 37. "There's no hair and makeup. You just roll out of bed.

"I'd say, 'You guys cool starting at the crack of noon?' I'd show up with a little KooKooRoo rotisserie chicken with the creamed spinach. I'd ease into it, do five hours and call it a day."

Black and animation go back a long way.

"I've been a big fan of cartoons, and I actually got in there and did some animating when I was in high school," he says. "I won a prize. I won a Rocky & Bullwinkle for my don't-drink-and-drive cartoon."

The other perk of starring in kiddie flicks? He'll eventually get to watch them with his son, Samuel, 1.

Black celebrated Father's Day with Sam and his wife, Tanya Haden, 35, before jetting to Manhattan to woo members from the toy and gaming industries at a Panda licensing party.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...ck-black_N.htm

DreamWorks Animation

Angelina Jolie joins DreamWorks' 'Kung Fu Panda' - USA TODAY 7/9/06
Angelina Jolie joins DreamWorks' 'Kung Fu Panda' - USA TODAY 7/9/06