• Official MC Thread Killer

Tarzan - A New Broadway Musical to Debut in Spring 2006

It's official!! Disney will put on another spectacular Broadway musical next spring based on the movie Tarzan!! I can't wait.. I LOVE the music from Tarzan and Phil Collins was involved in creating new music for the production.

You can read more here..
    http://www.playbill.com/news/article/93800.html

BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• șoș Tom șoș

[sarcasm]Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaat[/sarcasm]

I have an idea what would be really awesome is Phil Collin or Elton John taking a few of the last Disney animated films that had no real music to speak of making them into musical. That would be a triumph for Disney's musical division really worth bragging about. EG- Emperor's New Groove (good idea) Lilo and Stich (bad idea) Toy Story (good idea maybe) Finding Nemo (just weird)

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    Isn't Tarzan kind of over, as a marketable thing?

• I was deleted.

Here's a link to the news forum.

And as far as Tarzan's market, I have no clue. But Eisner shared this as one of the next shows along with The Little Mermaid and Mary Poppins. I did have a guest ask for a Tarzan product the last time I worked -- maybe it could be because Tarzan II came out June 14th that there is a bit of a buzz? Sure, it's simple a sequel, but it's still all over the Disney channel, people buy it and kids watch it.

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    Oh boy, more Phil Collins songs...
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Hm, Terk's a guy in it, apparently...unless the actor listed is gender role reversing for it. though, if its the latter, that'd make the broadway musical closer to the books...Terk's a male in those, too. Or so I've heard.

• behind the curtain

I had only seen Tarzan once before I watched it on a whim last night. I honestly was blown away by how good it was (and i am definitely not a fan of Phil Collins). The hopeless romantic in me was stirred and now I'm really excited about eventually seeing this show.

On a slightly related note, I have front row tickets to the Sacramento Music Circus production of Beauty and the Beast for next sunday and I'm ridiculously excited!

• Puppy Cuddles

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    [sarcasm]Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaat[/sarcasm]

I have an idea what would be really awesome is Phil Collin or Elton John taking a few of the last Disney animated films that had no real music to speak of making them into musical. That would be a triumph for Disney's musical division really worth bragging about. EG- Emperor's New Groove (good idea) Lilo and Stich (bad idea) Toy Story (good idea maybe) Finding Nemo (just weird)
    I would love to see Elton write all new music for something like this, but not Phil. I'm going to open myself up to the and say that I enjoy much of Phil Collins music, especially Tarzan and Brother Bear (especially whien the Blind Boys of Alabama are involved). Phil was the perfect choice for the jungle rhythms of Tarzan and the ceremonial Inuit rythims of Brother Bear, but I can't actually see him doing much else.

That said, I'm way skeptical of Tarzan the musical. I'll see it, but I don't think I'll be expecting much if Julie Taymar isn't involved.

P.S. I would so marry Elton John if he weren't gay.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.