Thread: Singing Bee

• Grumpy old man

Singing Bee

So I was indulging in some cheesy mind numbing TV tonight (America's Got Talent kills my brain cells for awhile) and decided to watch this new game show on NBC for a good laugh.

And I was pleasantly surprised. It was cheesy, over the top, wild, high energy, fast paced and fun. It was a breath of fresh air after so long of game shows like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and Deal or No Deal which are slow, dramatic, and suspenseful. It was getting really old and those shows were frustrating to watch.

I have no opinion of Joey Fatone, but he did what a game show host should do, introduce the challenges, makes a few stupid jokes, and get on with it.

I'll definitely be tuning in as this goes on and hope it sticks around and hope it influences more short, fast paced, fun game shows so we can do away with the slow borefests we've had lately.

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

Re: Singing Bee

I totally forgot this was on! I wanted to watch it. I will have to check and see when it is on again and DVR it. I am glad to hear that it wasnt boring like some of the other game shows on. I agree, Deal or No Deal and some of the others take too long and its like, "Get on with it already!!!".

Thanks for the review of it!!!!
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I haven't watched it yet, but I'm glad to hear it's not really slow or anything. For some reason, my TiVo is choosing to record it tonight, along with the other karaoke show. So, I'll be watching both tonight.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

I was strangely drawn to the show.

I didn't like it...but I couldn't stop watching it.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by belle View Post
    I totally forgot this was on! I wanted to watch it. I will have to check and see when it is on again and DVR it. I am glad to hear that it wasnt boring like some of the other game shows on. I agree, Deal or No Deal and some of the others take too long and its like, "Get on with it already!!!".

Thanks for the review of it!!!!
    It'll be on again next Tuesday night at 9:30PM after America's Got Talent.

I enjoyed the show. Looks like it would be fun to go on there because you don't have to carry a tune to win but some of the songs were really easy!
    I wonder how the other one with Wayne Brady on Fox will be like. They sound pretty damn similiar. I believe that one airs tomorrow...

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

It was very entertaining. I must admit I get so frustrated with shows like "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader" where it takes a contestant 5 minutes to answer a question like, "How many sides does a square have?"

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    It was very entertaining. I must admit I get so frustrated with shows like "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader" where it takes a contestant 5 minutes to answer a question like, "How many sides does a square have?"
    Wayyyy too slow for me. I used to watch Deal or No Deal at the very beginning but I gave up. It's too dramatic and drawn out. I still don't understand how my parents still love it.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I forgot this was going to be on. I must watch!

My sister and I really enjoyed this summer diversion-type series (that Game Show one last year was strangely addictive as well). It's funny when you realize you've been singing the words to some of these songs wrong all these years .

Actually, last night we met Joey Fatone after the DWTS tour here in Buffalo and since I'm still basking in the glow of meeting all the stars, here's the pic of me and Joey (Bad=me, Good=him...it was late!). We were the only ones who mentioned the show to him, and he seemed pretty glad we were enjoying it.

"When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• Looking for room codes!

LOL that shows great.It gets really fun when none of them know the words XD
    VMK Rox Meh Sox!

Looking for Room Codes!

Don't steal my picture,please.I was the girl in the cowboy aka.Jami-Lynn at the time.Now i'm Lil-Rich because my name got changed but oh well.I like Lil-Rich anyways

Here is a list of Great traders I have traded with:
    RocketRods
    Dreamytime

• Googly eyed

THe show is ok, its a little slow and wasnt exactly what I was expecting. The one thing that made me sad was that the guy didnt know the correct lyrics to Bye Bye Bye. lol I heart that song.

Lucky Sabres2006 getting to meet Joey!
    STACIE and YODA-Dland partners for life

And, I , I close my eyes
    And, I kiss that frog
    Each time finding
    The more boys I meet the more I love my dog

Who'd'ya think you're kiddin'
    He's the Earth and heaven to you