View Poll Results: Did you like Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Wands: Best Harry Potter Yet!!!

44 34.11%
  • 4 Wands: Harry's put a spell on me.

56 43.41%
  • 3 Wands: Same movie different day.

16 12.40%
  • 2 Wands: How many more are there?

6 4.65%
  • 1 Wand: I prefer the EPCOT Wand

7 5.43%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Re: Harry Potter Review and Official "did you like it?" Poll.

I will say, the movie makes me wonder what the purpose is for OOTP, I mean, as far as the film goes. It doesn't give us a whole lot of information, other than the bad guys are bad and the good guys are good. The only thing we see that is truly new is the James/Snape relationship. Where does it ultimately lead?

In the Ministry, all I could think was
    Spoiler
    if only Harry could pick up the prophecy, why didn't he just put it back down, instead of run all around with it? Why doesn't Lucious just Imperius him to hand it over? But, wouldn't it have been cool if he had put it down and then Neville picked it back up? Dun dun dunnnnn!

I think I'll just be sitting at Borders for the next week until the book comes out!
    Last edited by SusieP.; 07-11-2007 at 08:20 AM.
    A signature should go here.

• Clearing my Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    I haven't seen it yet but I was wondering what you all thought of Dumbledore's performance. Did Gambon do a better job at playing him this time?
    You're going to open that can of worms?

As a self admitted Gambon as Dumbledore lover: he rocked, as usual!

Spoiler
    I loved it when Harry finally just got so angry at Dumbledore for not acknowledging his presence he murderously shouts, "LOOK AT ME!" and Dumbledore's immediate reaction...wow.

Not sure if it needs spoilers, but, ya know. Safety first.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
    I watched the movie, noting the scenes she was in, and well, that person was right.

I noticed that all her scenes in which she has to look off camera and she's in the foreground, she definitely acts with those eyebrows! I'm glad I'm not the only one!
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

I enjoyed it....I wished that it had been longer and could have included some more stuff that they had to leave out but it was still really good.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Two words...LOVED IT!

The scene with Harry and Sirus at the end was so sad. When Harry fights Voldemort inside his head made me cry. The twins causing havoc during the OWLS made me laugh. Dumbledore and Voldemort fighting made me cheer. Lusting after Harry made me question my sanity (I am 40 after all). Just enjoying myself during the movie made me happy.

Of course there are some parts I was dissapointed in, like the Ministry of Mystery scene, but you can't put everything in the film. I can always go back and re-read the books. The books will always be so much better than the films, but with that said, I love watching them.

Only one week and two days to go till book #7 comes out. I must get reading!

=D , the best harry potter movie.

I saw it on IMax but the 3D projector broke down =(
    anyways, it was great, and they gave us a re-enter pass to go again.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

I forgot to mention all the great previews they had before the show: Enchanted, Get Smart, Waterhorse, 10,000 B.C., and Stardust.

Very excited about Enchanted and Stardust. Looks like going to the movies this fall and winter will still be magical.

• My cuties!

Loved it, loved it, loved it!!! Luna was great -- so perfectly cast! I have not been a fan of Gambon but he was awesome in this movie. Whoever said something in another thread about it being the director and not Gambon was right on! He was just how I pictured him in the book. Loved the scene TraceCub spoilered above! The music was great -- definitely not the typical HP soundtrack. It really added to it. Some parts did seem rushed (Mr Weasley, Grimwald Place) but it worked. Would have liked them to explain the prophecy more -- like the Neville connection. I wish there was more of Bellatrix; she was great! Overall 5 out of 5!

Rolling Stone gave it 3 1/2 stars out of 4. http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/...of_the_phoenix
    Last edited by twinmom; 07-11-2007 at 03:50 PM.

• Space Mountain Expert

absolutely loved the movie. Best one yet and I agree that the end battle scene was one for the archives.
    I was totally in shock at how great that scene was!
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

I loved it!! The movies (and books) keep getting better and better! The actors were all amazing, and I must admit, Gambon wasn't that bad in this movie. As someone already stated, Luna was perfectly cast! She was exactly how I imagined her. Umbridge was amazing! Such a great villan. Bellatrix was also great, very creepy. The final battle was great and emotional.

My only complaint is the length. I think it should have been a bit longer to add some more stuff in. I know they can't add everything for sake of time, but 2 hours and 18 min is nothing compared to the movies we've been getting lately. I would have really liked to see Neville included in the prophecy. The way Harry heard the prophecy was weird. I would have also liked to see a longer talk between Harry and Dumbledore at the end. One thing I'm happy about is that the movie wasn't all "emo" Harry like the book was...that got annoying. I wouldn't have these complaints if I hadn't re-read the book before. It greatly helped! Seeing little details like the cats on Umbridge's wall and Hermionie's patronus was fun, something I wouldn't have noticed w/o re-reading before.
    Everybody’s got a laughing place. Trouble is, most folks won’t take the time to go look for it. And where it is for one, it mightn’t be for another. ~ Splash Mountain

• Minion

Blog Entries

Just got back from watching it in 3-D and OMG... That was such an amazing movie... I loved it so much... I want to go see it again right now... Although now that I have seen it in 3-D I don't know if I will be able to see it in 2-D...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Googly eyed

I saw it last night and thought it was amazing! Although there are some things I did not like, it was wonderful none the less. I love it, and my friend and I are gonna roadtrip to an IMAX to watch the You Know Who scene in 3d!
    STACIE and YODA-Dland partners for life

And, I , I close my eyes
    And, I kiss that frog
    Each time finding
    The more boys I meet the more I love my dog

Who'd'ya think you're kiddin'
    He's the Earth and heaven to you

• Man O Lantern

I gave it 4/5.

We saw it at 9:30 this morning on IMAX 3-D. Just for anyone wondering about the 3-D experience, it was probably about 25 minutes of the movie, from the time they fly on the Thestrals through the battle at the Ministry. It was worth the extra few dollars to see it on IMAX, but don't expect a ton of 3-Dness.

My six year old devotee of the movies (has them memorized and consistently beats us all at HP Scene It!) squirmed a lot. I could tell she was pretty bored.

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    I will say, the movie makes me wonder what the purpose is for OOTP, I mean, as far as the film goes. It doesn't give us a whole lot of information, other than the bad guys are bad and the good guys are good. The only thing we see that is truly new is the James/Snape relationship. Where does it ultimately lead?

In the Ministry, all I could think was
    Spoiler
    if only Harry could pick up the prophecy, why didn't he just put it back down, instead of run all around with it? Why doesn't Lucious just Imperius him to hand it over? But, wouldn't it have been cool if he had put it down and then Neville picked it back up? Dun dun dunnnnn!

I think I'll just be sitting at Borders for the next week until the book comes out!
    Too much was left out for the movie to have had much purpose for me. I thought the movie was beautiful and well-made and well-acted, and I've read the books and seen the movies so many times that it all blurs for me, but too much was left out for me to make it an excellent telling of the book.

Makes me wonder about Book 7, though, that's for sure!! What details are important in the books ultimately?

I wanted St. Mungo's, and Quidditch (didn't have the heart to tell my husband there's no Quidditch match--it's all he could talk about after reading the book) and for Sirius to explain his family tree to Harry. I wanted the fact that the prophecy could have meant Neville or Harry to be important.

My husband is taking my nine year old right now. I hope they love it!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I agree with you Stink. So it leads me to wonder if those points have any bearing on the books are going to end*, or how they are writing movie #6, or if they are going to end up screwed to fit in all kinds of extra info into movie #7.

I really, really wanted to see Gilderoy Lockheart, so I hope he turns up on the DVD!

*For example, they were going to skip over Kreacher entirely in this movie, but JK Rowling advised them to put him back in the script, hinting that they would be needing him later.
    A signature should go here.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    I haven't seen it yet but I was wondering what you all thought of Dumbledore's performance. Did Gambon do a better job at playing him this time?
    In a word, YES. I'm in the Richard Harris camp, but Gambon was much more like the Dumbledore of the books than the previous movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    Lusting after Harry made me question my sanity (I am 40 after all).
    Count me in as drooling over Harry & being way too old for him!!

I give it a 4.5/5. I had some minor issues with the directing and how some shots were composed, but we were sitting really close & that may have affected my focus. I will definitely go see it again in IMAX.

As many people have said, I could have used 20 more minutes to include some more of the plot. I loved Luna and really enjoyed seeing the Ron/Hermione relationship blossom. I was really looking forward to seeing "SNEAK" written across Cho's friend's face, but alas, that plot line was streamlined for the movie. I was hoping to see the Penseive as well. Hopefully they'll use it for the HBP movie.

The special F/X were light-years ahead of any of the previous movies. I'm so glad that they improved. The soundtrack was good, but I miss the original Hedwig theme. I also wish the scenery & sets wouldn't keep changing from movie to movie. It gets annoying.

I loved the dementor scene in the beginning & how that was shot. That was probably my favorite scene in the whole movie, especially when Harry and Dudley were running from the park.
    <o>

• Progressive Disneylander

I saw the film today and I thought it was only OK. Not great, but far from terrible. (3/5)

I just didn't feel it wasn't nearly as exciting or engaging as the previous film. However, at least it wasn't a disappointing sequel like Spiderman 3 or Shrek 3.

I walked away feeling entertained, but it sort of felt like the same old thing by the end. It didn't feel like any significant ground was broken and we didn't really get anywhere fast.

I feel like if someone saw the last film, misses this one and then goes to see the next one, they will probably feel like they didn't miss a thing.

I'm sure true Harry fans will love this movie more than I, though.
    Last edited by KISSman; 07-11-2007 at 09:37 PM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast