View Poll Results: Did you like Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Wands: Best Harry Potter Yet!!!

44 34.11%
  • 4 Wands: Harry's put a spell on me.

56 43.41%
  • 3 Wands: Same movie different day.

16 12.40%
  • 2 Wands: How many more are there?

6 4.65%
  • 1 Wand: I prefer the EPCOT Wand

7 5.43%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Blog Entries

Re: Harry Potter Review and Official "did you like it?" Poll.

I loved it, I second it only to Sorceror's Stone!!! The theater was clapping and cheering!!!

• Resident Duck

Here again adding 2 more cents. (should I post a spoler warning on this, or is this whole thread considered a spoiler?) They missed out on Tonks, too! She wasn't in it as much as I would have liked, especially since I believe she is one of the more interesting characters. And Ginny had virtually no dialogue, which was disappointing. Aside from that--I can hardly think of anything I disliked about the movie.

Disney has ruined my love life

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick View Post
    I also wish the scenery & sets wouldn't keep changing from movie to movie.
    I like that they do and let me tell you why......the sets and scenery that your own mind created when you read the books have a better chance of surviving this way. They are constant...the movies are not.

If the sets were all the same for 7 movies in a row our imagination would have a much harder time competing and would probably just default to the movies.......
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Again the movies missed the second biggest point in the whole entire series.

Spoiler
    The first was the horribly anti-climatic graveyard scene in the 4th. I feel this is the scene when the series changed entirely. I mean at least 3 chapters in the book involve just this one scene! And the movie was just...meh he's back.

The second scene is in the 5th explaining what the heck the prophecy was all about. Who made it, why it was made, could Neville been a part of it.

And another thing, why involve Kreacher and then have nothing for him?

Besides those gripes I did like the movie. They did their own twists but again, it's really watered down. It's not my favorite but the battle scene was awesome.

3/5 for me as this, like the 4th book, should and could have been made into 2 movies. Warner Brother's would make a killing off it. You film it all at once and then release them at different times. LOTR and The Matrix did it and Harry Potter DOES need to do this.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Well, I just got home from the theater. If I had to pick between HPOTP or Transformers, I would rather see Transformers again. The movie wasn't as good as the book. Don't get me wrong, I love the HP books, but this movie could have been better. Just my thoughts.

• Resident Duck

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    3/5 for me as this, like the 4th book, should and could have been made into 2 movies. Warner Brother's would make a killing off it. You film it all at once and then release them at different times. LOTR and The Matrix did it and Harry Potter DOES need to do this.
    I totally agree. And, this way, they could stop cutting out crucial scenes.

I also wanted to see more of young Snape...wow, I'm just full of griping! But I still love the movie. OotP is my favorite HP movie so far--Goblet is my favorite book, but I didn't like the movie precisely because of what you stated in your spoiler. It was one of those "Wait...it's over??" moments

Disney has ruined my love life

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Spoiler

The second scene is in the 5th explaining what the heck the prophecy was all about. Who made it, why it was made, could Neville been a part of it.

And another thing, why involve Kreacher and then have nothing for him?

Spoiler
    I believe it was explained in the book that Neville is not all that important now....he could have been but for the Dark Lord "marking" Harry as the one. I'll have to go back and read that part again and see.

As for Kreacher. It's my understanding that they were not going to put him in the movie at all but Rowling told them they needed to(perhaps he will turn out to be even more important in book 7)
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Spoiler
    I believe it was explained in the book that Neville is not all that important now....he could have been but for the Dark Lord "marking" Harry as the one. I'll have to go back and read that part again and see.

As for Kreacher. It's my understanding that they were not going to put him in the movie at all but Rowling told them they needed to(perhaps he will turn out to be even more important in book 7)
    I agree with what you are saying, but that scene should have explained more leading up to the next movie, just sayin.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

We just saw it last night. I gave it 4/5 stars, mainly because I agree with previous posters, they need to just split up the longer books into two films and address some of the plot points that are needed.

Our crowd was great though, you could really tell there were nothing but hardcore HP fans in the theater. We cheered when it started, we laughed at those scenes that were only funnier because we had read the book and we all catcalled (myself included) when Harry and Cho kissed. Made the movie that much more memorable for me.

I really wanted them to show how the Malfoys are halfbloods on the family tree, that part of the book was vindication for me. But I was happy overall. Here were the responses of my children so you can get an age appropriate review..

My 7yr old - "I liked it mommy, if I ever got scared I just covered my face with the blanket." (We bring her blanket to movies that might scare her for comfort, it's a psychological thing but whatever works.
    My 11yr old - Mom, when can we see it again? And when asked what her favorite scene is she said, "When Harry and Cho were kissing! (giggles)"

• Directly directed

I liked it. I thought Umbridge and Luna were fantastic. I did think the whole movie was rather rushed but my biggest complaint was that Dumbledore did not wear glasses once throughout the entire movie! That is such a big part of Dumbledore's character and he wore them in POA and GOF so how hard is it to wear glasses in this one?

•   
    • So fetch

I saw the movie last night and I loved it. It's my favorite Potter movie.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by LuvsLilo View Post
    I saw the movie last night and I loved it. It's my favorite Potter movie.
    I LOVED Luna and Umbridge, the actors protrayed them exactly as I imagined them in my head.

Also, Bellatrix Lestrange is my new favorite villain. I always loved those overly crazy bad people, like Drusilla from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

•   
    • So fetch

I loved Luna, Bellatrix, and Tonks. I wished Bellatrix and Tonks got more screen time because they were awesome. Good thing there are two more movies.

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick View Post
    I was hoping to see the Penseive as well. Hopefully they'll use it for the HBP movie.
    Haven't seen the movie yet, but wanted to say, they'll have to include the pensieve in HBP, half the book is pensieve flashbacks!
    xo, Deanna

• Space Mountain Expert

Bellatrix was the best. I absolutely love Helena and thought she was absolutely amazing.
    'YOU DARE SPEAK HIS NAME?'

ahhh the chills
    Last edited by disneyking; 07-12-2007 at 09:10 AM.
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast