View Poll Results: Did you like Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Wands: Best Harry Potter Yet!!!

44 34.11%
  • 4 Wands: Harry's put a spell on me.

56 43.41%
  • 3 Wands: Same movie different day.

16 12.40%
  • 2 Wands: How many more are there?

6 4.65%
  • 1 Wand: I prefer the EPCOT Wand

7 5.43%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

• Space Mountain Expert

Re: Harry Potter Review and Official "did you like it?" Poll.

you guys seriously weren't 'wowed' by the end battle between Dumbledore and Voldy?
    Come on... what does it take to impress you guys then? That was one badA scene.
    This movie ROCKS... plain and simple.
    And I just have to laugh at the people who have commented on not being able to follow it really clearly, but then say they haven't read the book.
    LOL
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

• Minion

Again, they need to make the full movie, based on the books, and film exclusively for the dvds. Or for special edition. They can't do them like Lucas did for Star Wars. They have to film them while the cast is still young enough to be in their roles.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by disneyking View Post
    you guys seriously weren't 'wowed' by the end battle between Dumbledore and Voldy?
    And I just have to laugh at the people who have commented on not being able to follow it really clearly, but then say they haven't read the book.
    LOL
    The whole ministry of magic battle with the prophecies and then the battle were totally awesome. Brought back visions of Yoda in Episode II. And just think, movie 7 we will get Harry vs. Voldy (can you say Obi-Wan vs. Anakin good!!!)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneyking View Post
    LOL
    After seeing Transformers, it's going to take a lot more than projectiles coming from the end of a wand to wow me!

What's so funny about people seeing the film and not reading the book? What was the point of making the movies if everyone read the book already?

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    The whole ministry of magic battle with the prophecies and then the battle were totally awesome. Brought back visions of Yoda in Episode II. And just think, movie 7 we will get Harry vs. Voldy (can you say Obi-Wan vs. Anakin good!!!)
    Complete with light saber noise. *Yawn* Derivative and boring.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Clearing my Calendar

Wow.

My husband has *not* read the books (except for the first four chapters of OotP in an attempt to catch up when HBP came out...yeah...that worked out well) and the 5th movie is by far his favorite.

After Azkaban and Goblet, he had sooooo many questions because it was pretty obvious to him that it was taken for granted that the viewers had read the book.

But he had zero questions at the end of this one. He was completely blown away by it and is rather upset (after we compared book read and no book notes) with the two flaws that I can't cope with. Those are: Cho being the sneak (I know they did it so they can quickly establish why their relationship went kaplooey...but they should have at least had SNEAK on her forehead!) and no mention of Neville also matching the description in the prophecy.

Other than that, it's only been reading through this thread that I began to remember other things that were not included. But, to me, they're not significant.

I guess it helps that the last time I read book five was in preparation for HBP. So I only had major plot points in my head, which in reality, should be all the movies strive for anyway.

So, even after all my evaluation on the differences, I still think it was an absolutely wonderful movie with great directing (yay! David Yates is returning for the next one!).

But, then again, I very rarely like or get those "fabulous" movies that win the Oscars every year. So maybe I'm just one of the many included in the "stupid public" demographic that Hollywood makes its money off of. 'Cause I'll be seeing it in theaters again.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Quote Originally Posted by silverphoenix View Post
    Again, they need to make the full movie, based on the books, and film exclusively for the dvds. Or for special edition. They can't do them like Lucas did for Star Wars. They have to film them while the cast is still young enough to be in their roles.
    That would be wonderful, but it would take a whole lot of money. HP#5 cost $200 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    What's so funny about people seeing the film and not reading the book? What was the point of making the movies if everyone read the book already?
    The funny thing is, it is hard to understand the movies without reading the books, and when someone says they cannot understand it, and you ask if they read the book, and they say no, then you just have to shake your head and give them a copy of the book. The point of making these movies is to see some of the things you imagined in your head, on the big screen. Daniel Radcliff and the gang will always be the people I invision when I read and re-read the books.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    That would be wonderful, but it would take a whole lot of money. HP#5 cost $200 million.

They can afford it. Either that, or just start making them a little bit closer to the books. Like including Dobby in them a little bit more.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    Haven't seen the movie yet, but wanted to say, they'll have to include the pensieve in HBP, half the book is pensieve flashbacks!
    I know, but I'm just hoping they don't turn them into "flashback" scenes instead of including the pensieve.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Agreed agreed agreed. And I love that she intervened, but then he had no point. And they should have shown Sirius's mother's portrait....why allude to it if you're not going to show her screaming?? That would be an incredible scene, and I was looking forward to hearing Gary Oldman say, "I see you met my mother..." or something like that. It's little details like that that can make a movie.

Also, Sirius called Harry "James" at the Ministry of Magic, but they didn't establish in the movie that we was blurring the two in his head....maybe there are Grimmauld Place scenes that were cut?

I really wanted to see St. Mungo's and the Longbottoms and Gilderoy. I was so looking forward to that!!

Big complaint:
    Spoiler
    Bellatrix used Avada Kevadra on Sirius in the movie, NOT in the book. I hated that!!

We were all really disappointed in that. I wanted more Tonks. Also, in the book, Tonks and Lupin are in scenes together a lot....which helps in Book 6. And you'd think they'd beef up Ginny's involvement--she had the boyfriend in Book 5, and she should have had more scenes with Harry.

I wanted WAY more Snape. Way more. Again, because of the next book/movie....he's so integral. And his story is so interesting. And there was no Malfoy. That was horrible. I think he only spoke once or twice in the whole thing. That sucked!

And no Quidditch? Ugh! Kids (and adults!) love watching Quidditch scenes, especially with the whole "Weasley is our king!" thing...the movie needed it, as it really dragged in the middle with the music montage--showing the progression of the DA and the inquisitor's team.

I wanted it to show that Narcissa Malfoy and Bellatrix Lestrange are sisters and Sirius's cousins. Also, that Tonks is related to Sirius. Also, wanted him to refer to his brother, Regulus.....but nada.

I thought it was cheesy that Umbridge got carried off by the centaurs, but no mention of whatshisname, the one who teaches Trelawney's class.

Plus, I wanted to see Trelawney's sherry-drinking habit develop.
    Agreed with all of the above! No Firenze, hardly any Ginny & Draco (who should have REALLY big parts in #6 at least), no Snape's mother's portrait, no prefects, no Quidditch, etc. I truly hope for some serious extended version DVD's!!
    <o>

• Minion

It sounds like the general consensus here is that everyone is upset there were not enough scenes from the book included, or that they switched something from the book with someone else.

Looks like it's time to get the word out my fellow HP fans. We should either use mugglenet.com or something else to get our voices heard. The way they are making these movies lately, don't get me wrong they are good, but they might as well be just ripping the books apart because they becoming too different.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I agree with the fact that there are two different tales being told here. One is the tale in the book, and the other is the tale in the movies. As long as they all have the same ending, I won't be too upset.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Up is Down

Jk has always said the books and the movies are two diffrent things and they are! You habe to understand this film is a summer movie for the things people are saying they miss it would be even harder to show these things in the movie it has to be short if you have to explain too much people get bored.... The Neville not being in the prophecy makes sense because having him in it just confuses things too much.... plus having them all hear it makes it to where they dont have to have a scene showing him telling them they already know.... sure a lot is cut out but it was done right this time.... all you need to know for this film is there is a war and it is here and Harry has to face Voldy there is no way around it....
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Jk has always said the books and the movies are two diffrent things and they are! You habe to understand this film is a summer movie for the things people are saying they miss it would be even harder to show these things in the movie it has to be short if you have to explain too much people get bored.... The Neville not being in the prophecy makes sense because having him in it just confuses things too much.... plus having them all hear it makes it to where they dont have to have a scene showing him telling them they already know.... sure a lot is cut out but it was done right this time.... all you need to know for this film is there is a war and it is here and Harry has to face Voldy there is no way around it....
    Spoiler
    But this is the reason why Voldy wants to kill Harry! This is the big question for the whole series! It's discussed in every book up until this. It was the first question Harry asks Dumbledore in the 1st book! And a very short scene was given to it? Why? Very disappointing. Honestly, it was the biggest book yet the shortest movie of the series. Don't get me wrong, I liked the battle scenes with the apparition and such but come on, this whole thing happened for a reason and why it was, the time given was way too short. I was waiting for this scene to see Harry's reaction and it was pitiful.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Up is Down

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Spoiler
    But this is the reason why Voldy wants to kill Harry! This is the big question for the whole series! It's discussed in every book up until this. It was the first question Harry asks Dumbledore in the 1st book! And a very short scene was given to it? Why? Very disappointing. Honestly, it was the biggest book yet the shortest movie of the series. Don't get me wrong, I liked the battle scenes with the apparition and such but come on, this whole thing happened for a reason and why it was, the time given was way too short. I was waiting for this scene to see Harry's reaction and it was pitiful.

you have to understand that not everything can be shown in these films.... They arent written by JK, but she does read it I have heard, before it goes to filmimng.... I go into each of these films knowing they will be way diffrent from the books and I shut the books out of my head for awhile. In watching these films for those who have read the books have to do this.... they are both diffrent monsters!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

No locket, that is what was interesting to me.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast