View Poll Results: Did you like Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Wands: Best Harry Potter Yet!!!

44 34.11%
  • 4 Wands: Harry's put a spell on me.

56 43.41%
  • 3 Wands: Same movie different day.

16 12.40%
  • 2 Wands: How many more are there?

6 4.65%
  • 1 Wand: I prefer the EPCOT Wand

7 5.43%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Harry Potter Review and Official "did you like it?" Poll.

Saw it today. Thought it was great, but it had a very different feel than the other 4 films.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    No locket, that is what was interesting to me.
    I thought the locket was in book 6? What they didn't show was the mirror that Sirius gave to Harry to see him whenever he wanted. Maybe that was what you were thinking of. The locket was the horcrux that Dumbledore and Harry found at the end of book 6, the one that RAB found before Voldemort could find.

• My cuties!

The locket NNL means is the one they find when they are cleaning Grimmauld Place. Most people believe that is the true horocrux, hidden in the house by RAB.

• Minion

Funny, I didn't remember that part. Guess I'll have to read the book again.

• My cuties!

I didn't pick up on it when I read the book either. Thank God for message boards with people who do pick up on this stuff!

• Circle of Ancients

I'm with Sam ... I love the books and I love the movies. But they are 2 totally seperate things.

I think not including Neville in the prophesy was the right thing to do in the movies. Why? Because Neville's part in the movies is not as big as his part in the book. And it would have left those who have not read the books scratching their heads.

The movies, whether you are agree or not, are bigger than the books. I only just read the books earlier this year, so this was the first movie I saw after reading the books. There are millions of other people who have not read the books, who probably will never read the books.

Does that mean that they should sacrifice the movie audience so those of us who also read the books can get more stuff that most people wouldn't understand.

IMO ... no they shouldn't.
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 07-15-2007 at 07:17 AM.

• Disney Memory Maker

Harry Potter 5
    6:50 @ Long Island
    90-95% full (in large AMC theater)

Trailers:
    Golden Compass - No reaction (looks like crap)
    Stardust - None again (cheap using Narnia to advertise it)
    The Bourne Ultimatum - Some general reaction (crappy trailer)
    Enchanted - A lot of laughter (half this-looks-stupid laughter and half this-looks-really-funny laughter)
    10,000 BC - No reaction other than "Huh?"
    Get Smart - Biggest laughs of them all, audience was cracking up
    Fred Claus - A few this-looks-stupid chuckles, but not much more
    Also getting good reaction was an advertisement for ABC's Pushing Daisies

As for the movie itself, I give it a C ! It was by far the worst Potter in the series (which is ashame considering OotP was the 2nd best book so far). Chucks of the movie were missing and the direction was just bad (should have kept Mike Newell). I would have rather stood the extra 30-60 minutes if it meant they would actually do justice to the book.

The only stand-outs in the movie were Alan Rickman as Snape (despite being in only like 15 minutes of the movie) and of course Imelda Staunton as Dolores Umbridge (she just nailed the character down perfect). Evanna Lynch as Luna Lovegod was also a nice addition.

Overall, a serious disappointed that was certainly not shared by me alone. Everyone I heard coming out of the theater was speaking of the scenes not included and how the movie didn't do the book justice.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by TraceCub View Post
    Those are: Cho being the sneak (I know they did it so they can quickly establish why their relationship went kaplooey...but they should have at least had SNEAK on her forehead!) and no mention of Neville also matching the description in the prophecy.
    Cho was not a sneak- When Umbridge summons Snape to assist her in questioning Harry he says she used the last of his Veritas Serum on Cho Chang. Harry and Hermione share a glance because they now realize how and why they were discovered in the Room of Requirement- and that Cho had not ratted them out. (so no, they should not have had SNEAK on her forehead)

The movies bring the books to life- I for one am glad they do not mirror them exactly and so far I think they have cut parts very appropriately. I knew some of the lines that were coming because they were straight from the books!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    Harry Potter 5
    6:50 @ Long Island
    90-95% full (in large AMC theater)

Trailers:
    Golden Compass - No reaction (looks like crap)
    Stardust - None again (cheap using Narnia to advertise it)
    The Bourne Ultimatum - Some general reaction (crappy trailer)
    Enchanted - A lot of laughter (half this-looks-stupid laughter and half this-looks-really-funny laughter)
    10,000 BC - No reaction other than "Huh?"
    Get Smart - Biggest laughs of them all, audience was cracking up
    Fred Claus - A few this-looks-stupid chuckles, but not much more
    Also getting good reaction was an advertisement for ABC's Pushing Daisies

As for the movie itself, I give it a C ! It was by far the worst Potter in the series (which is ashame considering OotP was the 2nd best book so far). Chucks of the movie were missing and the direction was just bad (should have kept Mike Newell). I would have rather stood the extra 30-60 minutes if it meant they would actually do justice to the book.

The only stand-outs in the movie were Alan Rickman as Snape (despite being in only like 15 minutes of the movie) and of course Imelda Staunton as Dolores Umbridge (she just nailed the character down perfect). Evanna Lynch as Luna Lovegod was also a nice addition.

Overall, a serious disappointed that was certainly not shared by me alone. Everyone I heard coming out of the theater was speaking of the scenes not included and how the movie didn't do the book justice.

The only above trailers we didn't see with the midnight showing was Stardust and the third Bourne movie.
    Fans went nuts with Get Smart and were laughing with Fred Clause and some shouted out "MCDREAMY!!!!!" with the enchanted trailer. But that gets a "I'll pass" from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    Cho was not a sneak- When Umbridge summons Snape to assist her in questioning Harry he says she used the last of his Veritas Serum on Cho Chang. Harry and Hermione share a glance because they now realize how and why they were discovered in the Room of Requirement- and that Cho had not ratted them out. (so no, they should not have had SNEAK on her forehead)

The movies bring the books to life- I for one am glad they do not mirror them exactly and so far I think they have cut parts very appropriately. I knew some of the lines that were coming because they were straight from the books!
    Yeah, now that I think of it, they did skip the scene with Harry & Cho in the coffee shop in Hogsmeade, and instead had them kiss in the requirement room. Good point of having her be the sneak, sorta speak, so they basically end their relationship.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by silverphoenix View Post
    Yeah, now that I think of it, they did skip the scene with Harry & Cho in the coffee shop in Hogsmeade, and instead had them kiss in the requirement room. Good point of having her be the sneak, sorta speak, so they basically end their relationship.
    In the book they did kiss in the Room of Requirement.

But she was NOT a sneak. She was drugged.

..and Umbridge was truly hateful.

Grawp had a very different personality than in the book- I liked him better actually.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by silverphoenix View Post
    The only above trailers we didn't see with the midnight showing was Stardust and the third Bourne movie.
    Well... if you want the pleasure of seeing Stardust's trailer..... just take a knife and poke yourselves in the eyes repeatedly. Seriously though, you didn't miss much with those two.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    In the book they did kiss in the Room of Requirement.

But she was NOT a sneak. She was drugged.

..and Umbridge was truly hateful.

Grawp had a very different personality than in the book- I liked him better actually.
    That's right, they did kiss in the room of requirement. They didn't kiss in the cafe because they got into yet another arguement and that's where it was basically splitsville for them.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Saw it again, IMAX 3D. Worth the price - the 3D was AWESOME.

I liked it A LOT better this time. I think it was easier to separate the movie from the book, and as a movie in a series, it was really good.

And Lucius, so evil.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I liked it better the second time, too. I think it's easier to take it for what it is on the second go-round. The first time you get so busy anticipating things that you can't enjoy it as much, and the second time you can see the bigger picture.
    A signature should go here.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

The fact that the locket is NOT introduced in the movie raises huge flags in my mind. Granted, I'm a little too lazy to do it myself, but I'm sure someone on here can find me the quote from OotP about the locket they find. Ready...GO!

The reason I ask, of course, is because I am curious to see how the locket is described in that scene. One of the things I'm already set up to be disappointed in is that while it is true that they couldn't open it...wouldn't they SEE Slytherin's symbol on the locket. Even if it was on the other side, they'd still see it, I'm sure of it. I think it is poor writing if that turns out to BE the Horcrux just because it would be like mentioning Harry's scar as just a scar and then in the last book being like "Oh, by the way, Harry's scar had all these other properties the entire time that I just didn't tell you about...oopsie!"

We'll see soon, though.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast