View Poll Results: Did you like Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Wands: Best Harry Potter Yet!!!

44 34.11%
  • 4 Wands: Harry's put a spell on me.

56 43.41%
  • 3 Wands: Same movie different day.

16 12.40%
  • 2 Wands: How many more are there?

6 4.65%
  • 1 Wand: I prefer the EPCOT Wand

7 5.43%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

• To infinity & beyond!!

Re: Harry Potter Review and Official "did you like it?" Poll.

Ok, so being a hard core Potter fan,( I pre-ordered book 7 on amazon) I was a little bummed.........The movie was great, but since the books are "brilliant" thats hard to top!! The casting was great, Umbridge, Luna, Tonks, and Shacklebolt were great actors for their charactors, but I was really bummed about what they left out of the story. I went with some friends who hadn't read the book and they were totally confused as to who Ms Fig was and who Tonks was and didnt even notice Kingsley Shacklebolt. I can agree with cutting out part of the story for time, but this was just to much.
    Spoiler
    Did anyone else notice a lack of ghosts? No NHN or Baron? Or the lack of Quidditch?
    I realize that in this part of the story that it is not integral to the plot, but they would have helped make the movie a little less dark.
    Spoiler
    And speaking of dark the death of Sirius Black should have been more "spectacular", Gary Oldman is an amazing actor that would have done that scene amazing well, but my friends that went with me who hadnt read the book didnt even realize that he was dying!

This movie lacked a little bit in depth of the story, which I understand, because it would have been about 5 hours long if it had, but it needed a little more of the comic relief which the sub stories from the books provide in the smaller, subtler details.
    Last edited by babyfirefly; 07-16-2007 at 09:03 PM.

• Oh bother!

My husband is another who hasn't read the books... He spent the entire movie waiting for Luna to do something bad to Harry et al. because of her sudden appearance (we've never seen her before) her odd behaviour and bleach blonde hair - he was convinced she was a Malfoy.
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

• Circle of Ancients

I think the leaving out of quidditch was explained with the decree about team activities, or clubs or something like that.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TraceCub;1956626I
    can't remember the specific title but there's a "the book" on myths and legends of ancient Greece and Rome).
    Ugh, it's that Edith Hamilton book. So dry.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfirefly View Post
    . I went with some friends who hadn't read the book and they were totally confused as to who Ms Fig was and who Tonks was and didnt even notice Kingsley Shacklebolt. I can agree with cutting out part of the story for time, but this was just to much.
    Do you really need to know who they are though? They're members of the Order and we really don't get much more info on them in the book, either. Shacklebolt is clearly shown playing for the Order and the Ministry, but there's not a whole lot going on with Tonks anyway.
    A signature should go here.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I think the leaving out of quidditch was explained with the decree about team activities, or clubs or something like that.
    In the book, this was another issue as each team captain had to individually go to Umbridge and get their team reinstated. Gryffindor had the hardest time to do so. Another negative point for Umbridge (in the book, anyways).

• DL Nerd

I really enjoyed the movie... it was better than the rest of them I thought. I also thought it was the best book adaptation since PoA and GoF.

Some of the parts I liked were Whenever Sirus and Harry were talking, that gave them a real connection I thought. and the scene where Harry, Ron, and Hermione are talking by the fire laughing. That really showed them as being friends in my opinion.

The only thing I guess I didn't like was

Spoiler
    When Sirus died, he had this weird look on his face when he died and it almost seemed like he wasn't quite "dead" until he went though the veil. That would have been handled better. I don't mind the AK curse though because all the people who haven't read the book wouldn't have understood it unless the AK curse was there I think.

but I loved it though.... 10/10 from Junthor
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I'm starting to see how somebody who has not read the book would be a little lost. Belle said it was just 'okay', and she hasn't read the books.

There really is alot of information that was left out and if that means the movie needs to be 30 minutes longer, so be it.
    I think Belle and I are on the same page. I even had a good discussion with my oldest daughter who has read all the books and has seen all the movies.

My review:

I am giving Harry Potter 5 a 2/5. I have to say I was very disappointed in this movie and bored for at least the first 45 minutes to an hour. I kept on thinking to myself is this movie ever going to get started? I didn't feel any magic or emotion in this movie like I did in this first 4 of the HP movies. And speaking of emotion, I was really hoping to see a little more lead in to the Kissing part of Cho and Harry. It was weird to see Harry all of sudden kissing Cho unless you have read the books.

The only highlights for me was seeing the last 25minutes in 3D. The special effects were awesome and being able to see Gary Oldham and Helena Bonham Carter as cool characters I was thrilled.

I really hope that 6 and 7 will be better because I was really missing the magic and wizardry in number 5.

• Rock Star Minion

Ginny had very few lines.

Spoiler

But a lot of facial expressions. Talk about your Movie #6 plot giveaways. I hope she can be properly, um, worthy of Harry's attention. Currently, she's just meh. Relative to, say, Cho or Hermione.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Prefect

Blog Entries

I saw it again in IMAX tonight. I liked it even better the second time around. The Dept. of Mysteries battle scene in 3-D was amazing!
    <o>

• Iron-Clad Allie

Definitely the best Potter flick yet! Seems like this may have been the largest cast enssemblr of the series as well. Lot's of action, and several mysteries unraveled. Plenty of new mysteries lie up the road.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Comin' at ya!

In my opinion, it was the worst harry potter movie. It was so disjointed and un-fluent it was annoying. I couldn't believe how much important stuff they left out of the...They changed so many things this time around that they completely ruined it. They never talk about NEvilles Parents, Luna is basically just barely there, Draco has like 3 lines, etc. I realize it was a LOOOOONG book so it would be impossible to put everything in...But they left so much out I couldn't believe it.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

I would have payed for HP OotP part 2 ticket.. They should ahve done it properly and done part 1 now and then released part 2 during the Christmas rush.. Start it off during the "holiday" part of the book. I would have PAID!! YOU HEAR ME MR. MOVIE SQUISHER?!!!
    My hubby did bring up the fact that the actors might be under a contract for a certian number of movies..and splitting up the OotP into two movies might leave us with actor who don't want to return for the final movie HP DH. BUT I WOULD HAVE PAID!!

With that said, I really did enjoy what we got to see of the story. I adore Helena and the casting for Luna was fantastic!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Man O Lantern

I just read the fifth book again, and I'm even more disappointed in the movie. Bah.

We're doing a movie day tomorrow and I gave my Potter-obsessed daughters the choice between Harry or Transformers and they chose Transformers. Thank goodness!!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    In my opinion, it was the worst harry potter movie. It was so disjointed and un-fluent it was annoying. I couldn't believe how much important stuff they left out of the...They changed so many things this time around that they completely ruined it. They never talk about NEvilles Parents, Luna is basically just barely there, Draco has like 3 lines, etc. I realize it was a LOOOOONG book so it would be impossible to put everything in...But they left so much out I couldn't believe it.

Um, Neville's parents are mentioned many times. By Sirius when he gave Harry the photo, then later by Neville when Harry and he are looking at the photo in the Room of Requirement.

I thought Luna was perfect.

• Pirata del Caribe

I dont think I liked it.
    Actually I never like the movies based on my favorite books.
    Movies are a ruin comparing to the books. So...
    But, for this very first moment, I can say I liked more HP 4, or HP 1 y HP 2, at least I can say that.
    I dont remember being dissapionted with HP 1 and HP 2, those are the HP movies everybody hates...

OOTP is a good movie, as well as the rest of HP movies, I like them all. But at the first time itīs quite dissapointing. My images of OOTP were so much better, anyways I can understand.

None is my fav, I can watch all HP movies, I can be dissapointed with all HP movies, and I can be happy with all HP movies. Each one has the good side and the bad side.

OOTP:
    Perhaps I need time to get used to the shock of watching so many things out, and many annoying changes in this HP OOTP.
    I wonder what happened with all those stuff, and I mean those stuff we know are in the movie because we saw videos and pictures.

Unfortunately we knew it would be hard to see Branagh again in HP, so I was expecting Gilderoy will be out. And he was.
    Actors are great, Umbridge for sure, Maggie Smith as Minerva and Trelawney.
    Helena Carter is the perfect choice for Bella!!!!, but what a dissapointment to see her just two minutes!!!, and the worst of all, I am upset with this few points::
    Spoiler
    I hate when Harry point his wand at Bellatrix, making her so much weak, and I hate the way they put Lucius as the strongest D.E. and Bella just a minor character during the battle at the MoM, in the book is not that way, Bella fights Sirius and Bella kills Sirius.
    In the movie itīs Lucius who fights Sirius, and them just by luck Bella kills him...
    I hate when movies takes a non-popular characters, those ones people donīt like, and make them BAD in the movies. This time:: Cho Chang. And The kiss was pointless, no backgroung why they kissed XD.

So, my complain is that HP has such an amazing characters and we only seem them a few little minutes :::Bellatrix (Definitely, hope to see more of her in HP 7!!), Gilderoy (Hardly believe Branagh will be Gilderoy again, and Gilderoy being important in book 7), at least we have more of Lucius Malfoy here, and more of Sirius XD Finally a bit more of Severus...Second characters seems to be more interesting than the kids. But the movies focus on the kids mainly.

I dont think Ron and Hermione were as good as in the three first films, they were more important there.
    Hermioneīs passion for huging Harry, itīs not Hermione.
    Last edited by Puppet_Master; 07-18-2007 at 01:36 PM.
    We donīt wanna be like you. Donīt you get that King of Fools?
    You're the blind to lead the blind.And I walk the wicked way!
    Uno, dos, ya viene por tí
    tres, cuatro, cierra la puerta,
    cinco, seis, mira el crucifijo
    siete, ocho, no duermas aún
    nueve, diez, nunca dormirás...

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast