Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• back to WDW in January

Cars 2: The Sequel !?!?

It has been reported that there may indeed be another sequel in Pixar's future heading down the highway in the form of "Cars 2".
    See the source here: http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/artm...2_13070716.php

• Minion

Re: Cars 2: The Sequel !?!?

I hope it won't be in 2011, it would be really bad for PIXAR to release two sequels in a row. I am really looking foward to Toy Story 3 because PIXAR has proven themselves in that they can make a great sequel with Toy Story 2. That being said, I would absolutely hate for PIXAR to start making sequel after sequel after sequel. I say we shouldn't see another PIXAR sequel till at least 2013.

• Tic Tac?

If anyone needs me, I'll be trying to find a nice room to lock myself in. It appears to be the only way I'll get away from this movie.

That said, I hope all who are interested enjoy it. God only knows nothing I like will get a sequel (A Bug's Life, anyone?).

Also, and I apologise for being slightly off topic, but I thought Lassetter's take-over meant there wouldn't be any more sequels. Considering how we've heard about this, Toy Story 3 and rumours of an Incredibles 2, have we just moved on to making sequels for the movie theater instead of DTV? (although I personally have no problem with those last two ideas).
    Bye for now!

Mayor Lurkey rocks!

• Banned User

Lurkey, my boy.

When he spoke about the sequels, he was speaking of the direct-to-video sequels of Little Mermaid and other Disney classics.

• Tic Tac?

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    Lurkey, my boy.

When he spoke about the sequels, he was speaking of the direct-to-video sequels of Little Mermaid and other Disney classics.
    Oh, thanks. Also, I'm a girl, but let's forget that bit.

Always glad to see the DTV's go. Even though I still dislike the idea of a Cars sequel, remembering that is putting a smile on my face (even though I still want my Chicken Little 2. Oh, well, doesn't matter).

Mayor Lurkey rocks!

^^Chicken Little sequel

Not going to happen..... the first sucked BIG time!

• UT99 Forever

I really liked Cars. I am so tired of "animal" related movies, I thought it was neat concept.

However... I question the need for a Cars 2. The first one pretty much wrapped up the story of the spoiled young gun learning a lesson and changing his ways. End of story... done.

• Tic Tac?

Angry Re: Cars 2: The Sequel !?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    ^^Chicken Little sequel

Not going to happen..... the first sucked BIG time!
    Not in my eyes, it didn't. It wouldn't have Mayor Lurkey in, anyway, and that would cheese me off.

But is that any reason to laugh at it? All I said was I wanted one, I didn't say if it was a good idea or not. Laughing at me won't make me happy, you know. All I said was I WANTED one, I have to repeat that. I understand that the thought of someone liking this movie could bother people, but I do. I'll take a C.L sequel over those cars anyday. You don't like that? That's the way I am.

But who am I kidding? If you didn't like the first one, this is proof that we disagree on something, and I'm not going to try and make you change that. But your post upset me, because I don't like being laughed at. I'm trying to be polite here to make up for my awful behaviour the last time incidents like this occured. Please, all of you, try to extend me the same courtesy.

As for a Cars sequel... You're not the only ones who can laugh at bad ideas.
    Last edited by Mayor Lurkey; 07-13-2007 at 09:50 AM.

Mayor Lurkey rocks!

• Tic Tac?

Once again, I acted rudely, and again, I'm going to say I'm sorry. But I really was hurt by that post.

Mayor Lurkey rocks!

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

I loved Cars and would jump on the bandwagon for another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Lurkey View Post

But is that any reason to laugh at it? All I said was I wanted one, I didn't say if it was a good idea or not. Laughing at me won't make me happy, you know. All I said was I WANTED one, I have to repeat that. I understand that the thought of someone liking this movie could bother people, but I do. I'll take a C.L sequel over those cars anyday. You don't like that? That's the way I am.

But who am I kidding? If you didn't like the first one, this is proof that we disagree on something, and I'm not going to try and make you change that. But your post upset me, because I don't like being laughed at. I'm trying to be polite here to make up for my awful behaviour the last time incidents like this occured. Please, all of you, try to extend me the same courtesy.

As for a Cars sequel... You're not the only ones who can laugh at bad ideas.

Wow you really need to take a few steps back.

First of all look at how you are contridicting yourself. First you are saying that I shouldn't laugh at the idea of a CL sequel, then you turn that into me laughing at you. Then to state that you aren't even sure if a follow up movie to CL is even a good idea.

Wow you wanna talk about irrelevance you are posting in a thread about CARS with your own want for a lame Chicken Little sequel, what does that have to do with CARS?

Sorry but in the real world not everything is meant to cater to your personal likes and dislikes. Therefore anyone who has a different opinion than yours is not attacking you, as you seem to think. You want to talk about extending courtesy to others than start within and even if you are so hyper sensitive the beauty of these message boards is that you can take you time saying what you really want before posting it.

Then you then think I am supposed to be offended by your last statement where you are laughing at the Cars sequel I could care less if they do a sequel or not. I enjoyed the first one but am not sure if it needs a sequel but if it is a Pixar film I have far more confidence in it than I do if WDFA did a craptastic sequel to CL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Lurkey View Post
    Once again, I acted rudely, and again, I'm going to say I'm sorry. But I really was hurt by that post.

I looked up your old posts and had forgotten all about them. Coming back and apologizing all the time really starts getting tired. So does coming into thread about something and trying to turn it into a CL discussion

Again all I have to say to you is think before you post.

• Tic Tac?

To be fair, I have been thinking, and you are right. The thing is, like I may have mentioned earlier, it appeared that you were laughing at what I had to say and I thought that sounded rude. Of course we aren't going to like the same thing, and I really did have no intention of turning this into a CL discussion - I just didn't see the point of you making a post just to laugh at my feelings on the issue, especially since you didn't mention the Cars sequel yourself. I was pretty upset that day, as I didn't know if I was being taken seriously or not. I was merely stating that I wouldn't like a Cars sequel, and that I would have preferred a CL one. After defending this movie for God knows how many months, I've just got sick of doing it. Even though, to be fair, I don't think I'd have liked it that much anyway.

Back to Cars... like I said earlier, I really don't like the thought of this getting a sequel, but Disney Magic did actually make a very good point - if Pixar did it, it would be a lot better than it just being a DTV sequel like CL and several other films would have had to work with. I just don't understand why this particular Pixar movie should have a sequel, when others could make better and more interesting sequels (Toy Story 3, for instance, looks promising).

Mayor Lurkey rocks!

• keh!

BOTH Cars and Chicken Little need no sequel. now, i love Cars, wonderful movie... but i think it ended fine, and leave the characters as they are. Chicken Little i did not like and will most likely ignore a sequel if ever released (which i hope one will never be produced).

• Banned User

Maybe Lightning McQueen becomes a voice of concience like Jiminy Cricket in the Cars sequel to a brash dragster?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast