• Hide and Seek with Anna

Question about Snow White

Before any of you people start to jump on me I just have a little question that's been bugging me lately and that is.

I had remember a long time ago there was a sequel to Snow White NOT Disney version but a sequel from a cartoon I'm remembing from back in the early 80's. What I remember was. Snow White and her Prince was marry and that she had a little girl who I think was about 10 years old. Anyways I remember there was a wizard that cast a spell on the castle and put everyone to sleep but Snow White's daughter she was at in the garden picking roses or something. But anyways when Snow White's daughter came back in and saw that her partens and everyone else was asleep she when out to fine help and along the way she meets 7 little fairies. Anyways was there something like that along time ago or am I just inmagent [ms] things. Also if it is true would this be a good idea for Disneyland to come up with a sequel to Snow White. Plz don't yell at me just say yes or no it will or will not be good idea.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Re: Question about Snow White

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    Before any of you people start to jump on me I just have a little question that's been bugging me lately and that is.

Also if it is true would this be a good idea for Disneyland to come up with a sequel to Snow White. Plz don't yell at me just say yes or no it will or will not be good idea.
    Why do you automatically assume "us people" are going to "jump" on you or "yell" at you?

I don't recall the sequel you are refering to and for my own opinion I think Disney has done way too much of the robbing of their past classics with sequels already. I'd prefer that they let Snow be the stand alone wonderful animated feature that it is.

The reson why I said no yelling or jumping at me is because some people on here do. And to answer your question thank u for letting me know. I don't know then were I though I saw something on that years ago.

• Minion

Walt was resolute that there should be no sequel to Snow White, even to the point that when the studio was on the verge of closing over financial difficulties in the 40's and willing parties offered up funding for Snow White sequels or Dwarf shorts, Walt refused, saying "You can't top pigs with pigs" (he had failed to impress with much clamored for sequels to The Three Little Pigs) and insisted that new ground be followed instead - - and that, instead of a sequel, Snow White should be re-released periodically to new generations -- that the original film should be the sequel.

The Dwarfs only other onscreen appearance was in Canadian and South American wartime shorts dealing with malaria cleanup and the like, using the characters popularity as part of the wartime effort.

Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty, original stories but chips-off-the-old-block, can be viewed as a way Walt capitalized on the continued success and reputation of Snow White, while keeping the storytelling fresh. They were familiar but very different.

Walt was understandably protective of his masterpiece and its reputation, and his policies ensured its charm captured generation after generation. To disrespect his wishes on the matter would be a travesty (as have been the sequels to Cinderella, etc.).

Every view of Snow Whie now is as fresh as ever - she hasn't changed, become a mom or suffered post happy-ending stress. She is eternal youth, as all the Disney characters should have remained, always riding on her white horse to that castle-in-the-clouds.

(The Snow White sequel you mention may have been the Filmation feature "Happily Ever After" a sadly substandard work and - along with a sequel to Pinocchio -- one of the final nails in that once strong TV studio's coffin).

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    (The Snow White sequel you mention may have been the Filmation feature "Happily Ever After" a sadly substandard work and - along with a sequel to Pinocchio -- one of the final nails in that once strong TV studio's coffin).

So this is were I though I saw it from?

• Minion

Hey Capt. Hook,

Have you had your picture taken with all the characters on you photo hunt list?

Just curious!!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedqueeniam View Post
    Hey Capt. Hook,

Have you had your picture taken with all the characters on you photo hunt list?

Just curious!!
    No I haven't that is why there still up there. The only 2 that was up there when I started that list is now off were. Clarabelle Cow & Smitty from Monsters INC. But the rest I haven't. I did one time see Don Carnage but when I was about to get his picture and autograph he was gone. It was the same day when I got Prince John & The Sheriff. I know one day I will get to some more soon. I just have this felling I will. Of chours there is some I don't want to get my pictures with.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    Before any of you people start to jump on me I just have a little question that's been bugging me lately ............ Plz don't yell at me just say yes or no it will or will not be good idea.
    GET HIM!!!!!!

Just funnin' with ya, Capt Hook's..... you probably did see that in the Filmation animation merlinjones mentioned.

thank u for your answer Tia and your joke work good. thinks

Indeed, it was Filmation's "Happily Ever After" which came out in 1993 but originally was gonna be released in 1990 and was Filmation's last animated movie. It didn't try to be a sequel to Disney's Snow White but more of a continuation of the original fairy tale from the brother's Grimm, i still think "Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night" was a better animated movie from Filmation especially "Starchaser: Legend of Orin" then "Happily Ever After".

You see, Filmation announced a plan back in the early 80's to make a series of fairy tale continuations to classic children's fairy tales such as "Pinocchio", "Snow White", "Red Riding Hood", "Jack and The Beanstalk", "Tom Thumb", "Frankenstein", An animated adaptation of "Alice Through the Looking Glass" etc. but then in 1985 the disney company sued them over the rights of the Pinocchio, Alice and Snow White characters and they also sued Chuck Jones that year when his Jungle Book sequel "Mowgali's Brothers" came on vdeo over the rights of the animated Jungle Book and Fox animation when they were gonna make the animated show "Peter Pan and The Pirates" (Anyone remembers this one?) but all three studios: Filmation, Chuck Jones animation and Fox all defended their versions of the fairy tales and simply said that Disney didn't make the fairy tales originally but the stories were originally made in the public domain in books long before disney and all three studios won the case over disney.

Well "Happily Ever After" is ok but not as good as their impressive "Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night" (Which can be viewed on Youtube and is a must see for fans of Pinocchio) or "Starchaser" (Which is avaible on DVD).