• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'The X-Files': 'Fight The Future' again

TCA: Duchovny sez "X-Files" movie is out there

POSTED BY STEVEN ZEITCHIK
    Variety
    July 14, 2007
    The story of an "X-Files" theatrical sequel has been as rife with red herrings as the abduction of Mulder's sister.

But David Duchovny says the project is more than just a conspiracy theory.
    Series writers Chris Carter and Frank Spotnitz have completed a script, Carter will direct and Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are on board to star--at least according to the man who played Mulder.

"I wasn't trying to be coy," the actor said at a TCA panel promoting his new Showtime series "Californication," after reporters pressed him for details. "Gillian is on board and I'm on board," he said adding that he planned on reading the Carter-Spotnitz script next week. He also said that the movie could come out as early as 2008.

Movie has been discussed as a potential Fox project but may have gotten caught in a lawsuit between Carter and Fox.

Duchovny had been making comments about the project pretty much since the time when people reported an unidentified craft at Roswell. But this is the first time that anyone involved has acknowledged a completed screenplay--meaning that it may finally be time to stop the conspiracy theories...and cue the conspiracy theories.
    http://weblogs.variety.com/on_the_ai...ny-x-file.html

'The Truth Is Out There' & here - 3/28/07
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58857&highlight=chris+carter+gill ian+anderson

"The X Files" - the sequel is out there - ew.com 5/24/06
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26935&highlight=chris+carter+gill ian+anderson
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Circle of Ancients

Re: 'The X-Files': 'Fight The Future' again

Sweet!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I'll believe it when I see it.

And I really do want to see it, but I have never been so disappointed in a series before.
    A signature should go here.

• My cuties!

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post

And I really do want to see it, but I have never been so disappointed in a series before.
    Amen! It started out so good and was such a let down in the last couple of seasons.

• We're number one!

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post

I'm totally ready to see it, but I understand where you're coming from. At least it's not like Lost which started going downhill already in season 2!

Either way, bring it on!

• She was sweet as a peach

I was a huge fan during the first three seasons and then kind of petered out. I did see the movie and still have all of my X-Files t-shirts, mugs,etc... I was also a big fan of the Lone Gunman series.

I am looking forward to the new movie...when ever it comes out.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
    Amen! It started out so good and was such a let down in the last couple of seasons.
    Even though the main story arc was bizzarre in the last couple of seasons, I thought the episodes were the most action packed of the whole series. The producers were thinking of completely canning Mulder and Scully and continuing the series with Agent Dogget and Agent Reyes, basically an X-Files 2.0 series. I always got a kick out of watching the show and recognizing various locales around Vancouver (same goes for MacGyver).

I'm looking forward to an X-Files movie sequel.

• Happy Memories

Yeah, somebody from the X-Files world makes comments like this about once every couple of months. Therefore, I'll believe that a new film is finally being made the day I'm actually sitting in a dark theater watching the credits roll.