We've been asking if viewers would like to see a channel called "Vault Disney", and many of you are argeeing.
How would a Vault Disney channel be scheduled? Well, I'm about to tell you. Like the original Disneyland, the network programming would be broken down in five lands, or as they call them in the television biz, "blocks".
- Cartoon Land (6 AM-9 AM; 2 PM-5 PM M-F; 6 AM-1 PM weekends) - All the old Disney made-for-TV toons from the last twenty years like "Darkwing Duck", "House of Mouse", et al.
- Playhouse Vault Disney (9 AM-2 PM M-F) - Many of the great programs from Disney Channel's preschool like "Dumbo's Circus", "Adventures in Wonderland", "Bear in the Big Blue House", etc.
- Family Time (5 PM-10 PM M-F) - Shows like the various incarnations of "Mickey Mouse Club" and the classic anthology series "Disneyland" and its' successors go here. A classic Disney movie (or other movie property owned by Disney's broadcast rightholders) would air weeknights at 8 PM. Also, original programming airs from time from time.
- Vault Disney After Dark (10 PM-6 AM) - Some of the more "edgier" fare (Touchstone movies like "Down and Out in Beverly Hills" for example) and other programming created by Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures and even Miramax would be here. Shows with the strongest rating of TV-14 would be here.
- Weekends at The Vault - (1 PM-10 PM weekends) - Theme weekends such as "Before They Became Stars" (see Brittney Spears for example) and a weekly magazine show about Disney Theme Parks airing Saturday at 7 PM airs here.
The network (at least in therory) would begin broadcasting July 17th with a rebroadcast of the original dedication of Disneyland from 7 PM to 10 PM.
There you have it, and as usual, the criticism and comments are welcome.