Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• aerinpegadrak/DQ's sis

Re: Little Mermaid Denver - report from opening night of previews

I saw it again last night, and WOW it was amazing. I'll post the pics and stuff tomorrow.

Can't wait!
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

Any pics?

• aerinpegadrak/DQ's sis

I'm seeing it one more time! Looks like I'm going to the last show as well.

I went Wednesday night and have no criticisms. Strong cast/voices (I could have watched Ursala all night) and the sets were very artistic and fun to watch. The standing ovation lasted way longer than anything I've seen lately aside from Wicked.

I would definitely see it again. With the new numbers added, it was like seeing an old friend whose just gotten better with age. All the new songs fit in very well and were catchy and enjoyable. You could tell the cast was having a blast as well.

I think Disney has another hit on their hands.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing...that it was all started by a mouse" o
    - Uncle Walt

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    And the woman who directs this also directed the Aladdin show at the Hyperion Theatre in DCA. Guess Disney will stretch that one out onto a full-blown musical sometime down the road as well.
    Wouldn't bank on it. Aladdin has been released for performance by schools and youth theatres (Aladdin Jnr) as part of the Broadway Junior range of musicals. This points to Disney being slightly less prescious over that particular film. I wouldn't rule out the possibility but would suggest it may be a long way off.

Other Disney movies available through Broadway Junior are Mulan, Cinderella, Jungle Book and Alice in Wonderland.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• aerinpegadrak/DQ's sis

So I sent this email to Sierra about a week and a half ago.

Sierra,

So you might remember me from the Gala a few Fridays ago, but I'm Meghan and I know I was pretty hard to hear. It was so amazing to meet you and to get to thank you. Thanks for signing my poster. It's my favorite autographed theatre memorabilia that I own. I've seen you twice in the show and both times you were amazing. You really embody the role that I adore. If you didn't understand what I was saying (I know it was loud in there), I wanted you to know how much it means to a lot of people that you are making this role famous on Broadway. I have loved the Little Mermaid since I first saw it when I was 3. After that, I have been given every small piece of Ariel things sold. My collection (like Ariel's) is quite impressive. I was involved in a car accident in September of 2005, and messed myself up pretty good. I broke my neck, nose, throat, jaw and severed my windpipe. I should have died, but I walked away from the accident 9 weeks of ICU and a week of rehab later with no voice, but a life to start living. My fiance asked me out first while I was in rehab, with no voice, and we have been together since then. In July of 2006, I went to a doctor who reconnected my airway and gave me back my voice. Although it is a whisper, it's better then nothing at all. I have truly lived out my own Little Mermaid story, got my own Prince (while mute, mind you!), got my voice back, and lived happily ever after (at least working on it). I know it was a blessing from God to have you being this role to life and what made it even sweeter for me was the fact that it was previewing in Denver. Thank you so much for making it all possible, and for doing such a great job with it.

Just a few questions for you. What would you consider your 'dream role' to play, either musical or not? Would you ever look at playing on the small or silver screen? How are you taking the reviews of the show, if you don't mind me asking?

I know it's a small dissertation, but thanks for taking the time to read it and reply. I know it's going to be a busy final week, and I'm hoping to get tickets to the show on Sunday (the anniversary of my accident) to see it one last time here before it heads to the Great White Way.

Your Happiest Fan,

Meghan McLaws

P.S. If you want to see a little more of my story, check out my web site.

http://www.miraclemeghan.com/

And this is what I got back.

Hi Meghan!

I have to apologize for taking so long to get back to you, but you must know you have definitely been on my mind. Thank you for sharing your story with me! I went to your website, and it touched me so much. I am so glad you found me on myspace because the night I met you I felt I didn't have nearly enough time with you. Your story is amazing, and your spirit is even more so. I am so happy for how you are recovering and that you have a real live prince! I shared your story with a number of people in my cast, and I hope you will be able to attend the show on Sunday (tomorrow!). Let me know if you are coming, ok?

To answer your questions: My dream role is Ariel. Truly... it really is a dream come true. I also feel passionate about either of the females in Wicked, or someday I want to play Mimi in La Boheme. I haven't given much thought to being in films, I just love having the energy of an audience and the energy of a theatre. Who knows what the future holds though! MAybe someday... as far as reviews go, I really don't take them to heart at all. I have to say, in all honesty, the reason I am a performer has NOTHING to do with reviews. It has everything to do with taking an audience on a journey with me and really doing service to a character. I also do this for people like you, who are kind enough to share your stories with me. What we do on that stage is so much bigger than what any critic could possibly write about or understand. I dedicated my show to you the night after I met you, because I was so inspired by you!

Let me know if you are coming to the show tomorrow. I will try and get you backstage. If not, maybe I will see you in NYC!

All my love,
    Sierra

Can we say, EXCITED!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123