View Poll Results: What did you think of the Simspons Movie?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5- As Monty Burns would say "Excellent."

23 47.92%
  • 4- Great

17 35.42%
  • 3- Decent

5 10.42%
  • 2- Bland

1 2.08%
  • 1- As Bart would say, "Craptacular."

2 4.17%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: The Simpsons Movie- Mice Chat Reviews

The movie had just too many laughs in it.

Spoiler
    Homer putting the hornet's nest in Flanders' mailbox

Spoiler
    Mr. Burns to Smithers: "I've never considered suicide, but if you'd like to try, it might cheer me up."

Spoiler
    Dr Nick's last words: "Bye, everybody!"

Spoiler
    Comic Book Guy: "I've spent my entire life reading comic booksl. And it's been worth it!"

Does anyone remember the name of the sandwich Krusty was promoting?

And after seeing ABC World News Friday, I noticed that Matt Groening looks an awful lot like Comic Book Guy.
    Last edited by Wotan; 07-28-2007 at 01:19 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post

There's a third Disney connection, to Sleeping Beauty, as well...
    Where's the Sleeping Beauty reference?

About the PG-13, it is a really soft one:
    Spoiler
    Bart's doodle is shown in such a way that parents can easily lie to their kids about it. It is shown while you can't see the rest of Bart so parents can make up anything.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Spoiler
    When the animals undress Marge and Homer, although I thought it was more generic Disney movie cliche, not specifically Sleeping Beauty
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Spoiler
    The scene with Homer and Marge with the animals, I think. I kept thinking of Snow White and a little of Bambi too.

What Yoyo said.
    Last edited by Hayley B; 07-28-2007 at 01:23 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Ok, i'm laughing just reading about these scenes!

This movie was HILARIOUS. I haven't sen Simpsons in many years but that didn't even matter. It was so good. It was even like a regular ep. where one random thing leads to a whole slew of unrealted things.

If you just want to laugh, go see this movie!

*walks away singing spider pig*
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

We got back from seeing it and we all thought it was great!!! I laughed so hard through most of the movie and it was just great. I have loved the Simpsons from the first time I watched them and this was just a fun movie. Another hit for the summer!!!
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Counting myself as one of the many people who has seen every conceivable Simpsons episodes countless times, I went into this film with some trepidation. After all, even the most generous fan would consider the last...ooh...5 to 10 years worth of episodes just 'not up to snuff'. There have been moments, but nothing next to the random anarchy of seasons 3 through 6. So with that frame of mind, I was pleasantly surprised.

The Simpsons Movie offers one of those bittersweet things for fans. If you are a fan of the show, you've put up with worse, and this is certainly better than the last few seasons. While it may not be as fresh as it was 20 years ago, it is still bloody funny. Many critics have said this "doesn't take enough risks", but I disagree: a Simpsons film after 20 years on the air could have risked alienating jaded fans even more, but instead it has restored the faith of many. If I wasn't outright laughing, I had a smile on my face throughout most of it.

Long story short, if this wasn't a Simpsons film, it would be hailed as one of the better comedies of the last few years. As a Simpsons film, it still deserves that mantle as it does what the show has forgotten about in recent years: for every bit of dumb comedy, you need to remember that the heart of the show is the family. In many ways, this has helped expand it into audiences who wouldn't normally appreciate the show.

If you've listened to the commentaries on the DVDs for the show, which are even funnier than the episodes sometimes, but the writers can sometimes come off as aloof and dare I say, arrogant. They view "fan" criticism with contempt, and often take it personally. They spend some time explaining jokes they think the audience didn't "get" and defend the declining quality of the show by saying every generation has its own few seasons to enjoy, and those that enjoyed the earlier years will look back on seasons 7-18 fondly one day (perhaps around the season 25 to 29 mark??? ) However, that defensive attitude seems to be absent in this film, as it is all about pleasing the fans with in-references and layer upon layer of gags.

It isn't perfect, but it's better than 99% of the other films I've seen lately.
    Last edited by Loomis; 07-29-2007 at 04:58 PM.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post

The Clogger, I believe.

After 20 years of anticipation, I felt a little let down by the film but still enjoyed it enormously (go figger!)

Highlights - Spider-Pig and Bart's Nude Skateboarding
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Progressive Disneylander

"The Simsons Movie" was decent, but I couldn't give it more than 3/5 stars.

The movie was funny and had a decent amount of laughs throughout. Spider-Pig was easily the highlight of the movie. However, whatever became of Spider-Pig?? That just bothered me.

The premise of the movie was awful. It felt like they had nothing left when they came up with this plot.

I was also disappointed that so many of the key characters were given a line or two at best. Why they wouldn't make a story that included more of the familiar characters like Krusty or Mr. Burns makes no sense to me. All of these years establishing such great, diverse and funny characters all seemed wasted with this film.

This movie felt more like a 90-minute Simpsons TV show than a big screen movie. What was great about the South Park and Beavis & Butt-Head films was that they each did something different that made it clear that these were not just extended TV shows. But other than a couple of naughty 2-second moments, I can't think of how The Simpsons Movie really differentiated itself from the TV show.

There's no doubt that "The Simpsons Movie" was entertaining, but it fell well short of expectation.

• Circle of Ancients

^ The Simpsons is NOT South Park. The Simpsons is very much a show that the "Modern Family" can watch together and all enjoy. South Park is strictly an "Adult" cartoon, which is great. But if they had had any "Uncle ****er" moments, it would have definately turned off alot of fans.

I loved the movie, thought it was great. I'll be the first to admit I haven't really kept up with the show for the past few years, but this really has renewed my fandom in the show and I will definately make it a priority to watch next season.

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

It was better than I expected, but that's not saying much.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I loved the movie, thought it was great. I'll be the first to admit I haven't really kept up with the show for the past few years, but this really has renewed my fandom in the show and I will definately make it a priority to watch next season.
    I hate to tell you this, but you're gonna be really disappointed with the show. It's incredibly awful nowadays, the movie wasn't just a fluke, it was the fact that the show's old writers took helm, unlike the current series. You may want to watch the season premiere to find out what happens to the pig, though...

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

I gotta say I thought the movie was good, not great. The film started fast and furious, full of laugh outloud moments, had a sagging second act and then gained momentum for the final third and funny act. My biggest complaint? There were no clever musical numbers like the "Monorail song" or "Who needs the Kwik-E-Mart". Next, the story hardly included any of the beloved supporting characters. Despite those two big problems, however, the film is still very funny. Worth matinee money for sure
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Rides against injustice

Originally Posted by Wotan

The Clogger, I believe
    Yes, it was the Clogger.
    "If you can find a greasier sandwich, you're in Mexico!!"
    LOL!!!
    Overall I loved this movie. I went in hoping it would at least be good and it blew me away. I've already seen it twice and it was funny both times plus I caught some things I didnt catch the first time I saw it.
    I cant wait for it to come out on DVD since I'm sure there was a ton of stuff that got cut.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Sock Puppet

"Spider-Pig, Spider-Pig,
    Does whatever a spider-pig does.
    Can he swing from a web?
    No he can't; he's a pig.
    Look out, he's a spider pig."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast