Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Re: Why is Disney waiting until December for the AWE DVD release??

Actually, what LotR did was release the movie with limited features and then a few months after, released extended editions. They didn't wait until after RotK was out.

That's one crowded dvd cover. Nice to see teh "floating head over skyline" artist at Disney still has his job.

• Banned User

I know that the first movie came out at the Beginning of December, but I don't remember about the second movie, maybe it is a trend

The second film came out in december.
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    UltimateDisney.com has the cover art. Check it out here:
    http://www.ultimatedisney.com/images...tc3-cov-lg.jpg
    Or, instead of forcing us to hunt and search all over that site, you could copy their image to a photo hosting site and share it with us instead!

That's horrible cover art. I hope it's not the final artwork, because it looks like a little kid did it in Photoshop while on a sugar rush.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by TiaDalmaFan View Post
    That's horrible cover art.
    Yeah, and to think that everybody was complaining about the At World's End soundtrack cover art.

This DVD cover totally throws off the look of the series and is really quite bizarre looking, in my opinion. Too bad they couldn't have just stuck with the Pirates-in-the-fog publicity shots.

I have a feeling though, that this is just somebody's really bad Photoshop job. It can't be real. The blues on that cover art just don't seem right - those colors weren't used anywhere in the Pirates 3 marketing - why would they all of a sudden use them now for the DVD? Not to mention, the placement of the caracters is just stupid. Will Tuner's arm going straight into Jack's head? Elizabeth's sword being erased because it would be killing Barbossa? And no DVDs simply just say "2 Disc Edition" it would say "2 Disc Special Edition" or "2 Disc Collector's Edition"

And finally, the Pirates of the Caribbean banner is brown. Not red.

This has to be a fake.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 07-28-2007 at 05:27 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

What I wouldn't give for a lovely Drew Struzan poster art design for the POTC films.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Actually, I just found this image from Access Hollywood's website:

http://www.accesshollywood.com/movies/ah6221.shtml

And I'm willing to bet that Access Hollywood has the correct cover art - not UltimateDisney.com.

| | |

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

POTC DVD release dates:

12/2/03 Pirates of the Caribbean The Curse of The Black Pearl

12/5/06 Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest

12/4/07 Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End

HHMMMMMMMM?!

Disney is following the same strategy it successfully employed with the first two “Pirates” movies, which also were released on DVD in December at the tail end of the fourth quarter.

In each case, skeptics wondered whether such a late date would let the DVD pick up sufficient traction before the holidays hit, but each time Disney’s gamble that impulse buying and pent-up demand would send sales numbers through the roof paid off. Last December, consumers picked up 10.5 million DVDs of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest in a single week, the biggest first-week tally of any DVD release that year. Three years earlier, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, also a December release, moved 11 million videos its first week in stores, 90% of them on DVD.

“Pirates” No. 3 didn’t fare as well at the box office as its two predecessors. The first “Pirates” grossed $305.4 million in U.S. theaters, while the second film in the franchise arrived on video with a domestic theatrical pedigree of $423 million. But Bob Chapek, president of Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, is hoping for another sales record, particularly since the film will make its home video debut in three different versions: a single-disc DVD, a two-disc special edition DVD, and a high-definition Blu-ray Disc, the next-generation format rapidly building up steam among consumers.

“This December we’re thrilled to be giving ‘Pirates’ fans even more to cheer about as we bring the biggest worldwide box office hit of 2007 to DVD and high-definition Blu-ray Disc,” Chapek said. “Both versions will be loaded with stunning bonus materials that will make ‘Pirates’ the perfect gift this holiday.”

http://www.homemediaretailing.com/index.cfm?sec_id=2
    Last edited by ALIASd; 07-28-2007 at 06:50 PM.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

So DisneyShopping.com now has Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End available for pre-sale. And with that, they have the DVD cover art - or at least what can be assumed to be the final art - but of course, its all subject to change.

Anyway, here it is:

Its similar, but far superior to the one that UltimateDisney.com had posted an image of. I'm guessing that the UltimateDisney one was probably a mock-up, because this cover art is similar, but just better put together.... However, I'm still partial to the simplicity of the Jack Sparrow fog picture cover art that AccessHollywood.com had posted.

Oh well, I'm just glad we didn't get the crap UltimateDisney had posted!

You can pre-sale the DVD on DisneyShopping here (for $24.99 - ouch!): http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp/...tegoryId=13708

| | |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12