View Poll Results: What Show Do You Want To See on Nick At Nite?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Different Strokes

5 23.81%
  • Facts of Life

7 33.33%
  • Silver Spoons

5 23.81%
  • Who's the Boss

3 14.29%
  • Gimme A Break

4 19.05%
  • Family Ties

7 33.33%
  • Cheers

4 19.05%
  • Golden Girls

4 19.05%
  • Perfect Strangers

4 19.05%
  • Family Matters

5 23.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Senior Minion

Re: What Show Do U Want to See On Nick at Nite?

I read a few years back that in 2009, Nick @ Nite will air The Nanny. Because that's when Lifetime channel loses the rights to air it.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TiaDalmaFan View Post
    These sound perfect, but we're missing some.

I Love Lucy, for example. We definitely wants the redhead.

Also, hello? The Munsters and The Addams Family.

Also forgotten have been CHiPs, BJ and the Bear, F Troop, The Flying Nun, Dr. Kildare, The Courtship of Eddie's Father, Ben Casey, Route 66, Hawaiian Eye, Mission: Impossible, Good Times, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Land of the Giants, Time Tunnel, The Mod Squad, Ironside, Columbo, Cannon, The Streets of San Francisco, Barnaby Jones, Mannix, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Little House on the Prairie, The Big Valley, The Outer Limits, Sanford and Son, Gentle Ben, The Fugitive, The Jeffersons, Chico and the Man, Alice, Eight is Enough, That's My Mama!, Flipper, The Mothers-in-Law, Wait Till Your Father Gets Home, Love American Style, Emergency!, Adam-12, Police Story, Room 222, Kojak, The Rookies, S.W.A.T., Baretta, Starsky and Hutch, Kung Fu, Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Mork & Mindy, Operation Petticoat, What's Happening!, WKRP In Cincinnati, The Waltons, Vega$, Project: UFO, The Rockford Files, The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour, Laugh-In, Donny and Marie, Night Gallery, Kolchak: The Night Stalker, Baa Baa Black Sheep/Black Sheep Squadron, McCloud, McMillan and Wife, The Six Million Dollar Man, The Bionic Woman, Fantasy Island, and of course, The Love Boat.

I'm sure there are a few I missed....

[EDIT: I did.... I forgot Gomer Pyle, USMC, Hazel, I Spy, The Doris Day Show, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Marcus Welby, M.D., The Avengers, I Dream of Jeannie, The F.B.I., and The Name of the Game.....]
    HOLY CRAP!!! That's a lot of shows!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Someone mentioned a Nick At Nite Classics Channel - it already exists - it's called TV Land.

It's funny because about 80 per cent of the shows mentioned here were actually on NAN's schedule at one time or another. It's obvious that now they are aiming at a particular demographic...for want of a better way of generalizing, 25-39 year old "soccer Moms" who grew up with these shows...and will keep adjusting their programing to hit that target.

It's all well and good to create a classics channel but the trouble there is...well TV Land bumps great old shows for new "original" programming...and ESPN Classic now has endless poker tournaments from two years ago, and "Arliss".

I like "Arliss" but it is hardly "classic".

--Barry

PS...KDOC is Channel 56, which started in Anaheim (on Clementine Street I believe not far from DL) and is available on DirecTV's "local channels" in SoCal.

"The Wonder Years" is on ION TV, Channel 30 (there with local channels and also somewhere in the 380's on DirecTV)
    And I forgot that there was TV Land, the nick at night classics channel. Completely forgot it. Yeah, there are the oldies but goodies, and there are the ones being shown now. But what about the ones that I listed in the poll? I don't think any of them have been on NAN or TV Land.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I miss the summers when Nick at Nite would do those crazy Sid & Marty Krofft show marathons all night every night. Nothing but HR Puffnstuff, Lidsville, Land of the Lost, The Bugaloos, Electra Woman & Dyna Girl, Sigmund and the Sea Monsters. Those shows were creepy as all get out but I couldn't stop watching them! Even though they deny it, you KNOW those guys were doing some serious drugs back then.

Oh yeah and I'd love to see old episodes of The Love Boat, Laverne & Shirley and all those crazy variety shows from the 60's & 70's.... Sonny & Cher, Donny & Marie, Captain & Tennile, The Brady Bunch Hour (with Jan #2), Dean Martin....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

First show that came to my mind is "Courtship of Eddie's Father"I haven't seen this show since I was little kid.Next, sure "I Love Lucy" is classic, but I would really like to see "Here's Lucy" the black and white shows with Lucy and Vivian Vance. Some great shows there, including the trapped in a shower show.I'm a Brady Bunch junkie, and that show has certain been shown in syndicationover and over, but The Partridge Family certainly hasn't been televised as oftenas it should. (And I wouldn't mind seeing some of those Brady Bunch hourspecials from the late 70's and some of the Brady Bride shows!)And even though it might be better suited for Boomerang, I would like to seeSigmund and the Sea Monsters on tv. (and it would be fun to see Land of theLost - the original,on tv again, too.)And even though The Doris Day Show (I remember Pat Carrol~voice of Ursula~ as a great character) and The Flying Nunhave been available on dvd, it would benice to see them on tv. Or how about "That Girl" ~ that show wouldcertainly arouse some interesting conversations by kids today. Oh, I would love to see some episodes of Nanny and the Professor! I barelyremember, but would like to see some episodes of The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, I think Charles Nelson Reilley played the Ghost.

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

Facts of Life. I loved that show growing up!!!
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

sure "I Love Lucy" is classic, but I would really like to see "Here's Lucy" the black and white shows with Lucy and Vivian Vance. Some great shows there, including the trapped in a shower show.
    Oh I totally agree. "I Love Lucy" is my all-time fave TV show, but "Here's Lucy" was equally brilliant. Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance were a great comedic duo. One of the best.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by silverphoenix View Post
    HOLY CRAP!!! That's a lot of shows!!!

And I forgot that there was TV Land, the nick at night classics channel. Completely forgot it. Yeah, there are the oldies but goodies, and there are the ones being shown now. But what about the ones that I listed in the poll? I don't think any of them have been on NAN or TV Land.
    At one time or another...just from memory...

Cheers has been on both

Facts Of Life was on NAN

so were Who's The Boss, Perfect Strangers, and Family Ties.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Circle of Ancients

Since our cable company took TV Land away from us, I would LOVE to see Nick at Nite be brought back to its original glory with Lucy, Dick Van Dyke, and Mary Tyler Moore.

Cosby is great, but I don't get to see any of the "classics" anymore. If I want to see Dick Van Dyke, I have to buy the DVDs. The same with Mary Tyler Moore. I would love for Nick at Nite to bring back:

The Lucy Show (the 1960s version with Lucy and Vivian)
    The Dick Van Dyke Show
    Mary Tyler Moore
    Mr. Ed (Eleanor Audley [Maleficent] was exceptional as "Mother" on this show, as well as Green Acres)
    Benson
    Get Smart
    and why not Dark Shadows? I mean they run their shows daily, so Dark Shadows could get a nice run on this network.

MR. Ed! Yes they totally need to bring that one back. I remember when Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite showed The Monkees.... and Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp. That show was bizarre but I loved it!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    MR. Ed! Yes they totally need to bring that one back. I remember when Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite showed The Monkees.... and Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp. That show was bizarre but I loved it!
    Here, have some fun....

[youtube]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Hp1bYh8VFA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Hp1bYh8VFA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    [youtube]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bC2d4DbpDx0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bC2d4DbpDx0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    [youtube]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VmTmvBzNFY4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VmTmvBzNFY4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/youtube]

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    At one time or another...just from memory...

Cheers has been on both

Facts Of Life was on NAN

so were Who's The Boss, Perfect Strangers, and Family Ties.

--Barry
    Funny, I don't remember WTB, PS, and FT being on NAN.

um family ties and bewitched, maybe i love lucy and the brady bunch (they used to show em but they havent in a long time)
    If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

• Senior Minion

Can I go a little older?

It's About Time (if only to hear that theme song one more time)
    Lost in Space (oh, the pain, the pain)
    The Time Tunnel

I'd also like to see Sledge Hammer rerun, as well...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123