View Poll Results: Disney Channel Classic - Create It or No?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I Want To See My Old Favorites

21 63.64%
  • No Thanks

1 3.03%
  • Yes, Do One Just For The Shows

0 0%
  • Yes, But Do One Just for the Classic Movies

0 0%
  • Yes!! And Do One For Both

11 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Disney Channel Classics Channel? - Yes or No?

Simple thread here, with a simple poll.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...17#post1999517

I posted the above thread with a poll earlier in regards to which old classics shows should be included on Nick at Nite. Merlin Jones mentioned several that weren't included in the poll, and a lot of them were either Disney or have been shown on the Disney Channel in the past.

With the way Disney Channel is now, its current and it's one of the few networks that still has sitcoms in their line up. (CW may have one or two, and Nickelodeon has a few as well.)

But before this metamorphasis to keep up with today's generation and provide equal quality family programming, they used to show old shows such as Zorro, Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet, Leave It To Beaver, and other classic shows.

So an idea came to me, that like Cartoon Network's Boomerang (which has a similiar thread to this one) I feel that Disney Channel should create another channel for their network that already includes the main channel plus Toon Disney, one that will be for the classic programming and feature are old favorites. Perhaps even have one for the classic movies that we all love, but rarely see anymore unless we own it on dvd. So cast your vote and speak your mind.

Maybe perhaps there can be someone who would either see this thread, or pass the word on, and maybe our votes might even count for something.

• Golden State of Mind

Re: Disney Channel Classics Channel? - Yes or No?

Yes! Yes! Yes!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

One word to describe Disney Channel now: Unwatchable.

Bring back the Classics!

• Minion

I might have to disagree with you there, just a lil.

True it's populated by shows that star kids, but it's popular with today's generation. Thats why I call High School Musical (corny as it may be) the Grease of today's generation. And those shows provide family programming that is seriously lacking on the major networks that is mostly reality tv or drama shows. Gone are the days of TGIF or even Must See TV Thursday. If there are families that want to see family oriented sitcoms, tune to the Disney Channel to see That's So Raven, Cory in the House, Suite Life of Zach & Cody, and Hannah Montana.

But you are entitled to your opinion.

And yes, they need to bring back the classics for yesterday's fans.

• at one with the Mouse

YES! I've actually been thinking about this alot lately. There needs to be a place where we can whatch the old Disney cartoon shorts, Old shows ( Wonderful World, Disneyland, Mickey Mouse Club, Zorro etc.) and hundreds of TV and theatrical movies. Theres just too much stuff sitting in a vault somewhere that needs to be reshown again, and not just on The Walt Disney Treasures DVD's. Theres probably enough stuff that you could program the channel for a year without repeating anything. I used to love watching Vault Disney at night on the Disney Channel. Somehow we need to put a petition together or something and send it out to whoever has the power to create this. Maybe they don't think theres a market for classic programming anymore, but TV Land works, why would'nt the Disney version of the same thing work.

• Minion

Brings it back to the old idea I had once.

They should create a shop called Vault Disney and have it exclusively for Disney parks and inside you can buy the classic movies, animated or live action, on dvd. And I say exclusively for the parks, so it draws guests to the parks to purchase the classics. It would be a favorite or a draw for the annual passholders.

• The mouse that Rocks

I agree they need to have a separate channel but they also need to fix the programing on the Disney Channel. I can sit and watch Nickelodeon as a 22 year old and enjoy most of the programming. Maybe because Nickelodeon has always been in my mind the "Cool" network with the funnier cartoons. Inasmuch as it has the "edgier" programing and has always been a little off beat and the sitcoms or live action programming has always been better in my mind than anything the DC. I can't tell you what live action shows they had on the DC years ago but I could tell you about Salute your shorts or Are you afraid of the Dark. Honestly that's the way it should be but Disney is trying to reach the same audience now more so than it did in the past. but 10 years ago I watched Disney channel for the movies they would show and the Disney cartoons, for the family entertainment. Now if I flip over to DC all I see are these sitcoms aimed at tweens sure adults can enjoy them too. But think I see all the marketing that Disney does on it's own channel and it makes me a bit cynical. All these Disney Stars now seem to be cookie cutter, more now than ever. Also I checked line up today for the DC. From now till Midnight its Sitcoms. then they show cartoons till six in the Morning. At six its the kiddie shows like the Doodle Bops and Mickey Mouse play house till Noon. A few cartoons, a movie, and repeat. cartoons from Midnight till 6 AM. To bad I'm not and insomniac I like the Replacements. Anyway i think they should launch a channel for all the sitcoms instead. It would free up the DC to go back to what it was not tween entertainment, family entertainment.
    --MusicMouse
    Join The one Campaign. make poverty history.

Check out SILAS a band from Eugene Oregon
    Peep 'em here:

The official band page
    Help the musicians of New Orleans bring back the music at
    MusicRising.org

Amnesty International

• Minion

Yes, the 'Tween progamming is popular, but it needn't have the Disney brand. In fact, it diffuses the power of the brand. Why doesn't all that stuff (Raven, Cheetah Girls, etc.) become "ABC Family" brand (including radio and internet) and let Disney go back to being Walt Disney as it ever was and should be.

Otherwise, I'd love to see a Disney Classics Channel or a Wonderful World of Disney Channel - - a place to enjoy all of Walt's programs, cartoons, movies, TV episodes we don't get to enjoy anymore - - and complimentary programs. Not presented as oldie moldies but for all to enjoy today and always.

Even devoting all day Sundays to Walt Disney programs would be better than what we have now, which is nothing except the few classic movies that have been liscensed to Hallmark Channel.

• Banned User

Gee, we've been talking about something like that...

Under the name of "Vault Disney Channel!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMouse View Post
    I agree they need to have a separate channel but they also need to fix the programing on the Disney Channel. I can sit and watch Nickelodeon as a 22 year old and enjoy most of the programming. Maybe because Nickelodeon has always been in my mind the "Cool" network with the funnier cartoons. Inasmuch as it has the "edgier" programing and has always been a little off beat and the sitcoms or live action programming has always been better in my mind than anything the DC. I can't tell you what live action shows they had on the DC years ago but I could tell you about Salute your shorts or Are you afraid of the Dark. Honestly that's the way it should be but Disney is trying to reach the same audience now more so than it did in the past. but 10 years ago I watched Disney channel for the movies they would show and the Disney cartoons, for the family entertainment. Now if I flip over to DC all I see are these sitcoms aimed at tweens sure adults can enjoy them too. But think I see all the marketing that Disney does on it's own channel and it makes me a bit cynical. All these Disney Stars now seem to be cookie cutter, more now than ever. Also I checked line up today for the DC. From now till Midnight its Sitcoms. then they show cartoons till six in the Morning. At six its the kiddie shows like the Doodle Bops and Mickey Mouse play house till Noon. A few cartoons, a movie, and repeat. cartoons from Midnight till 6 AM. To bad I'm not and insomniac I like the Replacements. Anyway i think they should launch a channel for all the sitcoms instead. It would free up the DC to go back to what it was not tween entertainment, family entertainment.
    Yeah, here on the west coast you have to wait to 2am, or 5 am on the east coast, to watch an hour of Lilo & Stitch.

• Minion

I'd be happy if TVLand ran a Walt Disney Block on Sundays too - all morning, afternoon and evening. (Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color, Mickey Mouse Club, Zorro, The Mouse Factory and a movie or two, repeat).

• Pirata del Caribe

Disney Channel should be one channel.
    But it should shows more of the classic Disney.

Anything has to be divided, why to create a Classic Disney Channel if Disney Channel can be ONE and just make the balance, and shows classsic as well and new stuff.

No divisions, why people likes division when it´s not necessary XDD.
    We don´t wanna be like you. Don´t you get that King of Fools?
    You're the blind to lead the blind.And I walk the wicked way!
    Uno, dos, ya viene por tí
    tres, cuatro, cierra la puerta,
    cinco, seis, mira el crucifijo
    siete, ocho, no duermas aún
    nueve, diez, nunca dormirás...

• Minion

>>Anything has to be divided, why to create a Classic Disney Channel if Disney Channel can be ONE and just make the balance, and shows classsic as well and new stuff. No divisions, why people likes division when it´s not necessary XDD.<<

Totally makes sense to everyone bu those making that decision.

Sadly, there are two Disneys these days, not one. It's not a question of old and new, but two completely different things with the same name and they don't seem to co-exist in the same universe by design of the marketers. Disney Channel/RadioDisney marketers/execs consider Walt Disney to be "off-brand" - - no joke!

• Banned User

If the Discovery and History Channels can have multiple iterations, if MTV and VH1 can have multiple iterations, then so can the Disney Channel.

The Disney Channel
    ToonDisney
    Disney Classic TV (or Vault Disney TV)
    Disney Classic Movies (or Vault Disney Movies)

Works for me!

[youtube]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QNK5KzI48mM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QNK5KzI48mM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    Last edited by TiaDalmaFan; 07-29-2007 at 11:57 AM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Puppet_Master View Post
    Disney Channel should be one channel.
    But it should shows more of the classic Disney.

Anything has to be divided, why to create a Classic Disney Channel if Disney Channel can be ONE and just make the balance, and shows classsic as well and new stuff.

No divisions, why people likes division when it´s not necessary XDD.
    A problem with this, is variety and diversity. There is a wide array of Disney fans out there that all love a wide variety of things. From classic tv shows, cartoons, and movies, to the new cartoons and tv shows like Lilo & Stitch and Hannah Montana. If you take those off the air to show nothing but the classics, then you lose the fans or viewers that like the current lineup. It would be difficult to try to balance it all out on one channel because there is such a wide variety and there wouldn't be a generous amount of airtime for any of it. It would be like trying to cram all your dvds onto one shelf of a bookshelf and leaving the rest of the shelves empty. That is why a proposal of having multiple channels for one network to supply their viewers with a wide variety of diverse programming is quite possibly the best solution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast