Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Unmagical Disney Sequels

Is there any disney fan who is interested in all of these horrible disney sequels that are being hashed out of the Disney company like ther is no tomorrow?

I can not stand most of these sequels. I remember back when I was young, I use to get excited when I watched a preview for Disney sequels in the theatre because I got to see what characters from the first version of the films were going to be in it and what new ones would be added.

We do not need to know what happened to cinderella and little mermaid after the original films because most of us already sensed that the characters would get married or have children in the first place.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    We do not need to know what happened to cinderella and little mermaid after the original films because most of us already sensed that the characters would get married or have children in the first place.
    Oh no! But it is us OLDER fans that really want to know! Well, at least that's what Eisner told us at the shareholder's meeting.

I will admit SOME of the sequels are OKAY but most are uncalled for. Many of them have simple mistakes in scripts, characters, etc that could improve them -- and so they bother me for that exact reason. For example, the twins (The Lost Boys) from Return to Neverland do not echo eachother!! The issue here is who wrote the script/story for the sequel never saw the first one.

• Minion

Re: Unmagical Disney Sequels

I think all of these sequels are a slap in the face to Walt, who didn't believe in making because he was more interested in allocating the resources to new and creative ideas. Also the fact that the sequels aren't of the best quality (TV animation) in my opinion will hurt the company in long term because people may start associating the company as being quantity minded versus quality minded. However this does not mean I am completely against sequels...In 2000 Roy E. Disney brought to theaters and IMAX theaters a truly well done and animated sequel to Fantasia in Fantasia 2000. Although I still prefer the first Fantasia, I felt that Fantasia 2000 was MUCH better than sequels upon sequels of other Disney films

• Minion

DisneyToon sequel Queen Sharon Morrill's current all-star production line-up:

Bambi 2
    Kronk's New Groove
    Fox and the Hound 2
    The TinkerBell Movie
    Cinderella 3
    The Little Mermaid 3
    The Aristocats 2

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)

Most of the sequels aren't worth the discs they're burned on. It's a waste of time, energy, and money on the part the the WDC. I liked Return to Neverland, and Lady & The Tramp 2 wasn't all that bad. But in general, they're a waste.

And BTW, I don't really consider Fantasia 2000 a sequel. The original intent of Fantasia was that it would be re-released every few years with new segments inserted and old ones taken out. So Fantasia 2000 was really just a realization of the original intent of the film.
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• I know I'm just a newbie

the only 2 movie I liked wasd toy story 2 it was good.

but mermaid 2 and what I call sillyrella 2 were yes uncalled for

Please disney come up with a new animated movie that is good

dear god no more brother bear
    Eating greens is a special treat, it grows long ears and great big feet, But it sure is awful stuff to eat

Walt and his crew were pure Geniuses

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I agree with you dark knight about toy story 2 being a good sequel. I hope they do not butcher lion king any more though. If they keep butchering it at the rate they are going, The lion king will be as dry as bones.

• insufferable know-it-all

I refuse to watch that dreck.

The only sequel I've seen is Toy Story 2, which is Pixar and a theatrical release. Had it remained a dreck-to-video, I probably wouldn't have touched it either (though I liked it very much). But it's only word of mouth that made me watch that sequel, and even then it was Pixar which has a better history of quality productions (which reputation Disney used to have before starting to make "dreck"-to-video)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Minion

Its sad how Pixar can get sequels right but Disney cant...

Everyone knows that a Toy Story 3 is in the works without Pixar's approvial or involvement. But what does this mean for sequels to the other Pixar films that were released by Disney, who owns the rights to those films? The One I'm most concerned about is The Incredibles, which I hope Pixar (and Brad Bird) can do on their own- without Disney!

• Circle of Ancients

Lion King 1 1/2 wasn't too bad.

But the rest are really bad. Not to say the stories are necessarily bad, but like was said above, if they were higher animation quality it would be better.

• On Autopilot

Fantasia 2000 IMO (like someone said above) isn't what you'd call a sequel, I don't have the words for it, but it was the only movie that Walt wanted to "Sequel" to over and over again... too bad the dream will never be realised..

Lion King 1 1/2 I liked, I always thought the concept of seeing a movie through some other character POV was cool, plus it was funny as heck (even with the fart gags)

but Bambi 2 looks promising..... and kinda cute....

the sequels (minus Toy Story 2) all follow the same "Mad lib" formula that can be seen on save Disney....

Promblems I had with movies

Little Mermaid: *Morgana jumps on the boat* And we're just hearing about this other insane sea monster WHY?!

Peter Pan: WHY DIDN'T THE SOPWITH CAMELS SHOOT THE PIRATE SHIP DOWN!? (I didn't want it shot down, its just common sence that somebody would atleast fire once at the thing) and where's the crocidile?!

Jungle Book: Where's King Louie? *scratches head*

Atlantis: DON'T EVEN THINK OF MAKING A SEQUEL TO ATLANTIS WITHOUT ATLEAST INCLUDING HELGA SOMEWHERE IN IT!!!!!!!

Lion King: Deja Vu...... and stop singing Rafiki!

They better not make Sleeping Beauty 2!!!!

I kinda liked Aladin and the King of Thieves cuz Robin Williams came back but other than that

• Circle of Ancients

Wait a second?

There was a Jungle Book 2? Atlantis 2? Where have I been?

Oh right, caring less.

• Do You Wanna Get Rocked?

Blog Entries

The Sequals I liked....

Lady & The Tramp 2
    Stitch The Movie
    Toy Story 2

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast